Marching Forward

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Marching Forward

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 am

March forward into March!

What are your "marching orders" today?

Where is your March going?

We're already two months into 2018, is your March on track?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Re: Marching Forward

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:05 am

Thank you for opening Twins. I came here and the village wasn't opened yet and I couldn't think of anything clever to open it with. I really like your opening.

I have a hair appt this morning. I need to color my hair before I go.

No paper again this morning. That is 3 out of the last 4 deliveries. I will stop by the paper after my hair appt and pick one up.

Guess I better get with it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:52 am

I need to get marching myself. I've been sitting on my bottom since I got moving around 8 a.m.

I decided not to go to the state library and archives today and will go tomorrow when we have better weather. We had rain coming down all day yesterday, and I was so tired last night (after tai chi and working out at the Y) that I felt it was better to wait. And dcleaning lady will be here in the a.m. with ddog also.

-breakfast and meds
-refill meds containers
-s2s
-make the bed
-walk the dog, if it isn't raining too hard?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:55 am

Morning...

Can’t say what my marching day will be like. My friend was in an car wreck on her way home last night. We were suppose to walk when she got home so she called to cancel. It was a three car fender bender on the freeway and the cars were going around 40 mph. She has no family here and her friends are scattered around the valley.

I convinced her to go to the ER to be checked out and I would meet her ther. Four hours later she was released after tests showing no broken bones. However they warned her she was going to be extremely sore for the next few days. After We were told we could leave her car at the emergency parking garage, she did accept a strong muscle relaxer and I drove her home.

So today I am on call. Depending on how she feels, I will either take her to pick up her car and follow her to the pair place and then take her home or take her to Walgreens to get her prescription filled and then back to her home.

I have library books to return and I will do that on the way home. I need anew purse and depending on my day may stop at the mall to look for on. Dinner is planned but I need to stop at the grocery store as well.

Off to start my day...need more coffee and Perry is on his way over :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:02 am

One nice thing about paper delivery here is that if we don't get it or it's wet (albeit in a plastic sleeve) all we do is dial in and it's automatically delivered pretty quickly.

I've been up for a while and a lol going in the dryer. Have to take dh up to dd's school to help set up for her classes' C02 cars racing for tomorrow. Her principal told her last Friday that he thought she more than deserved a sub for tomorrow. And he's made a really big deal of this competition, especially trying to generate some good news. The county superintendent of schools, the technology supervisor, cameras, newspaper and quite possibly TV will be present. Dh will go to school with dd tomorrow to help her run all this.

Been trying to PUPA through the house. Think I'll finish putting away the clean dishes from last night. Not enough to wash yet. I finished sorting a bin of things taken off the old refrigerator. Some I've put on the new one, a couple on the old fridge on the back screened porch and some -well they're recycled.

Have to check out S am's Club free shipping, LadyM. Not sure we have the "Plus" membership however. Need to see.

Dh brought in our big suitcase from the garage last night. Discovered it wouldn't stand upright and finally saw that one of the 'feet' on the bottom was broken. Dh has tried to glue it. If it doesn't hold we'll get rid of the suitcase or I'll at least store some things in it and put it back in the garage. Trying to pack some things he won't be needing here, but will up home. Maybe even some of my warmer clothes. Certain I won't need much here.

DD had toyed with the idea of driving up north with dsonil but finally decided yesterday it just won't work. She has to finish the yearbook and her kids have a 'solid works' testing on that Saturday. Not sure just what's happening with his dmom. But I do know that friend up north would like him to start work on March 19th. That's a whole week before dh was planning to go. So, not sure what's happening. Know dsonil is dreading the drive up alone. He gets terribly frustrated on the road and doesn't like driving all that much. DD knows he'd like to get there with only one night of sleeping, but he really needs to take the 2.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:35 am

hello!

the robins are back!
v shaped flocks of geese and heron are already flying back - usually that starts around St. Patricks day.

Marching forward - i need that.

hi d dee

hi d rose

hi d twins - thank you for starting us!

hello everyone!

not too much working for me right now bc of lack of focus and tiredness and dd younger struggling - we have to get her a general dr. to check out why her hormones and her body is all over the place. She is not a yeller etc. but she is struggling with emotions and worry. She is seeing someone but they want her to see someone other than her neurologist etc. I think I have to focus in the morning as much as possible and do things like paperwork etc. in the afternoon or evening.

How's that working for you card:
Not working right now: dailies - and dinner (which means clutter and over eating junk) - work on doing things in the morning
working: this card as it helps me really look at my day to change to a better behaviour before time gets away from me.
getting off social media - fb working well for me.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51 am

Good morning everyone! I got my report modifications posted just in under the wire. They were needed by today and were posted two minutes after I normally leave. I did several errands: pet food store, pharmacy, dollar store. All planned purchases, no extras. When I got home, I ran a LOL, but have not put it away. I updated Quicken and found to my surprise, more $$$ than I expected. I paid a bill that I had allocated to next pay period. That will leave more of tomorrow's paycheck for my credit card. Anyone who thinks money does not buy happiness wasn't around me last night!

I did find the bra, it had gotten inside the nightstand. No idea how, but the cats are not to blame here. I also tracked down and sent some information to my traveling companion friend. Briggs is still yowly at night. Gotta figure out what to do with the cats while I am in Sedona. DD16 will be with me, the cat coordinator's husband is in the hospital with pneumonia AND has a new cancer diagnosis. I could get a pet sitter, but after Stratton's death, I am worried about Briggs.

My March focus should be to insure that my house does not embarrass me when Dad visits. Getting off the puzzle website would help.

Kathryn: I have known a number of wealthy people in my life. I have never heard a single one of them complain of the so-called "problems" of too much money. Ever. If some relationship becomes intolerable if I were to acquire extreme wealth, it was not a good one anyway. I would rather have the "problem" of managing wealth than the real problem of managing not having it. "Money doesn't buy happiness" is modern mythology to console people who don't have enough of it. Having had both enough money and not enough money, I have experienced the truth.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Amen to that Elizabeth, I’ve had it both ways...but sometimes being wealthy isn’t the problem, but the person whom the money brings the power to. In my case I ditched the man who was involved in my wealth in order to find a different happiness. As I’ve said before a prison is still a prison no matter how pretty it’s walls.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:24 pm

I am marching up and down the stairs doing laundry here this morning. Sheets are in the wash. Other morning stuff pretty much done by eight thirty yea me!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:41 pm

I have a lot of experience with others that are well off.

It all depends on who they are and how they choose to live their life by giving to others and lifting others up.
What I have learned over the years - that no one (money) or not that doesn't have disfunction at times or worries. - their is no one without worries, hurt, responsibilities, loneliness, stress, worrying about what someone else will think, are vulnerable: but like anyone are just trying to the best they can. There is good and bad with money or not. It seems to me that those who are grateful and work to help others as well as being supports for their family are the happiest of all.

The only difference is they can spend money (which I would love to have a cottage on the lake - their or any version lol, and be able to go to europe etc. u - But their lives are not any happier or more successful because they have money or less happy because they have money. Not at all.

Money does help with worry about having a house (but a home is more than a house)- I would love to be able not to worry about what I do and what I spend. I worry about my girls future as I don't have the finances to help them like someone with money does. I can't fix my home like others do etc. but that is the only thing that money does. It doesn't make someone happier or better and it doesn't make them poorer in spirit as a human being. It's all about the quality one brings to their own life and others. ( not saying I wouldn't want to win the lottery :lol: )
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”