Friday Finishes

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Friday Finishes

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:07 am

Is there something you are bringing to fruition today?

Have you accomplished something that just needs the finishing touches?

Maybe you've been brainstorming and daydreaming a thing that you've almost got figured out.

Or, maybe you NEED a finish. See if you can put a check mark by a project today.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Friday Finishes

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:19 am

All of the above, dHarriet! I slept -oh wait, I did not! I made myself stay awake until after dd and dh got home from the hockey game. That was 11:21pm. (They had to be up and out of here by 5:30am -thus my lack of sleep I think. Had the alarm set for 4:55am). I just could not get to sleep. Finally went out in the recliner in the living room and dozed off about 4am. The alarm had me up and running into the bedroom. Then went back to bed and finally fell asleep about 5:45 till after 8. Whoopee! A whole 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Definitely not enough.

I want to make a run to G oodwill with a loaded trunk. On the way back I want to stop at S am's and pick up mouthwash for dh. Can get a pack of 3 so much cheaper there. And, since they now have all closed up home, I need to get it for dh to take north with him.

Dh has gone to school for the day. DD said she was supposed to tutor after school today, but has decided against it. Know they're both tired out. Hoping everything goes smoothly for them with the c02 races today and all the media.

I'm off and NOT running. BBL
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 am

Was thinking that as far as around the house, I hardly know how to add to the discussion yesterday of who is the "mover and shaker" or the calm and quiet one. HRH is both. Even he himself says that he can put his feet up for a long time and then suddenly he's going to fly in to a long project ~ WHOOSH ~ and feverishly work on it to completion.

He is one of those people who is very dependent upon inspiration. Uninspired, he'll watch the tv while the world goes by, saying philosophical things about the house feeling "lived in" and comfortable. Inspired, he moves big furniture, organizes, makes changes in the porch, barn or yard, and he lists, maps, announces, reads dd the riot act, etc.

blessed, do you mean that a creative photo your ddyounger took was featured? Tell it again, please, because at first I thought you meant a photo of her was taken by someone else?

Twins', I could tell you were quite pleased with yourself yesterday. How meaningful to get these relationships solidified and the information gathered now.

Happy for the In Canada family with possibilities on the horizon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:04 am

I really needed to put a positive spin on finishing today! I always seem like I see more and more work to be done on the same things and I know that I have to work on things that needed "finishing". Paperwork once finished starts again, housework once finished happens again and I really think I need to work on something that needs finishing that won't have repetitive work tied to it. I am working on my living room and that is a large project but will have an end. I think I should work on something small that has a finish/an end such as the repair on the powder room door.

dharriet - your dh describes myself. except I am not sure if I am philosophical :D 8-) d harriet I wish you a wonderful day.
d kids and dh don't always like when I feel "inspired" :lol:

she took a weather photo of a moon bow - she has many photos - I told her she might want share her full moon and her video of ball lightening. It was just nice that, at such a tenuous time, that someone outside of family liked her photo. Her d uncle was watching the news at dinner time and they mentioned her name and what the picture was of. It rose her hopes a bit. She is a humble person, but she did smile, and was touched by all her aunts and uncles then writing her. d bil sent it to everyone in the family. She really needed this. :D Any time there is hope there is a future.

You are so funny - "I slept -oh wait, I did not!" d dee hope tonight you have a peaceful and perfect night sleep. Hoping that everything goes smoothy for your dd. have a wonderful day d dee

wishing you all a wonderful blessed day. I am having coffee with a very df

I have so much to do but I have to remember to look at the little bubble I am working on and not all the other things that need doing. I would love it that the work I have to do - I.e. laundry that is cluttering my d season room (temp) would go into a little cloud (like it does on your computer) and float there where no one sees it but nows it's there - where I can pull it down when I am ready to work on it. 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:06 am

pulled my routines:

Morning
evening
dinner
gym
animals

zone: kitchen - did only one thing
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:24 am

rats. As I was falling asleep last night, I remembered that I told dd she could use my car today to move stuff for the Purim carnival on Sunday. So I didn't go to Nashville this a.m. I will try again next week, on Tuesday or Thursday. So I'm here at home, trying to use the day productively. And I need to go to Nashville next week. I could go tomorrow, but I would think it would be busier on a Saturday, so I'll hold off until a weekday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:07 pm

I've finished a pay cycle which means it is payday, glorious payday! AND March is a three paycheck month, so my happiness level is soaring. Good morning everyone and I hope your happiness level matches mine.

Last night, DD16 and I went to the more expensive Chinese place for dinner, then came back home for homework. Often, when she does not need my help, I work on stuff around the house. She needed about 5 minutes of help, but wanted me to read her copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Um, let's see: book by Rowling vs housework. You know what I did! When she left, I did a micro amount of pupa in the kitchen. I am going to make a "shed box" of the stuff I need to put there Saturday afternoon. (Dowanna in the cold and dark).

Normally on a payday Friday, I update Quicken and pay the bills. However, I have entered all but the Chinese dinner in Quicken and I don't want to pay on the credit card until I know how much it will cost me Saturday for my taxes and tax prep. Also need to have a reserve for the cavities that will be filled Wednesday. I want to put a monster-sized payment on my credit card, but, in this and only this, procrastination is essential.

I was 30 minutes late due to an interstate closure of all northbound lanes from Home City to Work City. Yeah, I was going north. By the time I got there, one lane had been opened, but it was still a crawl. There were four tow trucks lined in a fan around a cement mixer that was off the road.

LadyMaverick: Go for it! You will know you made the lives of those babies immeasurably better, whether they are short or long.

I don't think Kathryn is cheap. More like sensible in my book. Grandchildren remember time spent more than a toy they outgrow in a year.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:36 pm

I am up fed animals journaling done. Rx done. Sipping coffee. We had a downpour after dinner snow in the mtns. the nite. I am thinking of cleaning under the seat in the rig. My hands are sore to much hand work with fabric and fiber. I need to soak them. I did some hand lettering. Payroll week for me.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:09 pm

Watching the weather up north. Pretty gnarly. Here we are getting ready for summer. I brought in all the white sheets from covering up the plants and have them washed/bleached ready to hang up. I'd already done 2 big heavy beach towels (white) and somehow the edges got dirty again so I scrubbed them and they are hanging up. There is much to do around here.

I've been a semi-slug (is there such a thing?) past couple days so now it is catch up. Would like to get to finishes...but there is a lot to do. DW is run needs emptied.

Not much desk chores but guy called and wanted to know if we have plans from a house we built in 2003. Yep. Out comes the ladder and up on the shelf looking at rolled up blueprints; did find something in one of the storage boxes of plans. I have 7 boxes full of plans from projects and I found some stuff. Guy has just been here and was over the moon glad we'd found plans. Nice conversation.

I guess I'll get busy again.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi from the Niagara region of Canada,, where it is a snow day.

There is snow on the windows on the south, east and west side of my house. There is snow all over the north side of our shed, the east side of the fence at the back. There is a plow hump at the end of my driveway that my Focus will not be able to get through. Dh's F150 will do it with no problem. I can tell by the foot prints going from our back door to where dh's truck was parked that it is a very wet and heavy snow. Snow started around 8 last night. I don't know when it stopped, but there is a lot of it. There is also a huge drift between the house and the woodshed.

All that being said, dh called and he said he wants to take us out for supper tonight. He hasn't made it home for lunch yet, but when we were talking he got a parts delivery, which was his reason for needing to get off the phone. "some parts just came in, so I gotta go."
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”