sunday reflecting (ditto)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: sunday reflecting (ditto)

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:59 pm

2 dips made and dressing for week -
veggies raw cut for dip tonight
dinner sitting in fridge ready to b heated up
dishes are running sink cleaned
dh took towels out of drawer and went to store for his bread and ham - we are exciting

using my computer for grocery list
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:48 pm

dw still going
i have a ticket for chamber music in town but i am tired bc of my arm last night and I'm going to the opera this week - i can let it go

trying, still, to stay away from the rabbit hole of not getting things done but at the same time keeping balanced
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi everyone!!

Dh is making supper. I think we are having American Goulash. (Pasta with tomatoes and ground beef and onions.) It's in the oven for whatever reason. He also flipped a load of laundry this morning and my jeans went into the dryer because I forgot they were in that load that dh flipped. To top it all off, he also hand washed all the dishes today that had been building up since Friday at lunch time.

Not a single word of complaint or reprimand like I used to hear all the time with x.

I finally finished the 4th book in the Game of Thrones 5 book series. I can't even remember when I started the series. So happy the end is in sight. There were a couple of real surprises in book 4.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Sunday reflecting

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:56 pm

The tree was one I was giving away, dug it out yesterday. Back from walking ddog. It rained a bit. Got some rock to paint. Time to fed hens and get em back in the run.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:51 pm

I did enjoy church. The service was at our sister church and it was good to see folks from there. The AGM went very well. Their board chair is a hoot and she ran the meeting well. There was lots of laughter.

I've done nothing except watch tv since getting home. It is the Sabbath so I guess that's acceptable.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:49 pm

Going to try to post before my computer shuts down again. I absolutely will have to take it in for repair this week. Trying to get in contact with someone up home at church before I do. Actually it was running fairly well just now after a rough start, but now it's started vibrating and making noise again. If I disappear for a bit, you'll know why. I'll try to post on my Ipad, but not sure I can get in here. I'll try.

I would like to keep the computer so I can print off dh's boarding pass on Wednesday, but we'll see. I can print it off on dd's computer most likely.

DD just called. She went to a snack place after today's Orlando hockey game and she's just now left the arena. Game started at 1:30. Glad she took some time for herself. She deserves it!!

Been trying to figure out how to make sure all my files are saving automatically to the external hard drive.

Think I'll go get the rest of dinner around so we can eat when dd gets home. Did chicken in the crockpot earlier. Just have to get potatoes going and get out a vegetable.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:34 pm

I am apparently so confused. I got ready and got into the car to head to temple thinking the Purimschpiel was at 2 p.m., then realized it's at three p.m. So I got to come back home for a bit.

I need to do planning for the week - I've got a busy one going thanks to not getting to the Nashville state library last week, and the stuff I got set up for this week. Last night dMuffin threw up during the night - a lot. I got up and let her outside for awhile, and we both went back to sleep. I offered her about 1/2 cup of dog food earlier and she ate it. Might offer a little more before I head out again.

-----------------------------------------
I got busy and then left in a hurry to get to temple by 3 p.m. Great Purimschpiel, great carnival. I can't believe my daughter planned and executed the carnival. She had a lot of help, but I just can't believe it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Hope Muffin feels better. Good job, Twins' daughter.

19 people at our home today. Not everyone at once but almost. So far from my comfort zone.

Dd handled much at church but couldn't stay to pick up the money, so asst treasurer ran that by the house. Extremely helpful. HRH enjoyed chatting with him a while.

Ddil got a grandchildren photo for me.

Speaking of that should tell about the day before - walked with all dd's family and dd19 to see 3 baby goats at homeplace barn, now owned by my truck-farming cousin. So cute - cuteness, cuteness. Really too much cute to be able to take. I got photos.

Then dd38 took her trip to be part of dividing up her paternal grandmother's things. She came home tearful a little. There were a few tearjerker things, but more than that I think it was just stressful, and a little figurine broke, etc. Her grandmother was never one to make a secret that dd and ds were her favorites, and their names were appearing on the bottoms of many items and it just got stressful, I think. There were some things that were surprises to have a name on them at all and they would be with her name. she didn't know the why of things - she never asked her grandmother for anything. And much of it has more to do with taking responsibility than having something of value. For instance, she came home with the Bible given to her grandmother upon her marriage, signed by her g-g-grandmother.

Today after a morning with us, ds went for his part of the dividing up. Haven't heard from him yet. It will be easier on him, going on a day with only one other cousin and most stuff done.

And more and more going on. Dd19's young man came, too. Just a lot going on all day and I'm so tired.

I did sort of sleep, but had one-eye-open kind of sleep in dd19's room all weekend. Look like a hag. lol. Time for rest. Falling asleep at the wheel here.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Have a restful night, Harriet.

We had a nice dinner. We've settled on baked chicken thighs as our Sunday night dinner since returning home and it is working well. They take about 90 minutes to get on the table, are healthy, affordable, and easy. I'll do the clean up now since dh did the cooking.

I've wasted the evening watching more TV.

I called dd and am meeting her tomorrow morning at 9:30 at the children's shoe store. I want dgs to have properly fitted shoes. Part of me wonders if that will help him walk. His father walks on his toes so maybe there is a tendency to walk differently and that is making it harder for dgs to get the balance he needs. A professional should catch this and we're going during the week to make sure there's no part-timer student selling the shoes.

I have a meeting tomorrow night that I also have to prep for and after such a rough night last night, I'm still debating taking the spare bed tonight. Need to decide that soon so I can move everything I need in there.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Sunday reflecting

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Dinner is done, so glad a remembered that I had salmon in the freezer fix that w veg. It was so yummy. Just finished with my tea.

I am happy with the outside progress that I made before the rain & hail we had on our walk, not much just a bit and some sun too.

Next I need to rinse the dishes and load em in the dish washer. I need to make up more pasta salad for h lunches too.

I finished knitting up mint green dish cloth.

Return to “Post When You Can”