sunday reflecting (ditto)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: sunday reflecting (ditto)

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:44 pm

Busy day here -- no time for napping! DH has collapsed on the bed for the time being. Said to wake him up if ds called.

We kept the dgrands this morning after church until time to go to the funeral visitation. DH just wanted to go in, speak to the family, and leave. I was going to bring him home and go back for the service, and I did -- but he stayed, talking to people himself, for MUCH longer than is the norm for him! LOTS of people at the funeral, especially considering this was an 86-yr-old man... but there are three adult children, plus six adult grandchildren, and I think they represent five different church families -- so there were lots of friends who wanted to share their condolences. * Note in J&C * Twins, especially, this is another genealogy thing.

After the funeral, I was home for about and hour, and then we went and got dgs to go eat supper with us, went to Wmart, took ddil her supper, and came home to put away groceries. After yesterday's trip home from College Town, dh is just beat.

Soooo hoping all can be settled with the new SUV tomorrow and we can relax a little bit for a couple days. Except I really do need to get to the allergy doctor, who is about 45 minutes away and now requires that I come into the office for each new refill, approx every 10 weeks. That wouldn't be so bad, in itself... but scheduling 2-3 hours for myself, along with the time dmom/dh/ds/ddil/dgrands need me -- is tough. :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Re: sunday reflecting (ditto)

Postby Lynlee » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:00 am

Saturday - taichi and home - I so needed a nap.
Sunday - church then to Mooloolaba Beach.
bus change needed.
Spent some time after lunch just sitting,
Taking in the scene of ever deepening low tide,
Pandanus palm with clusters of nuts a fruiting,
and the cooling NNe breeze from across the ocean.
Ph call to DD who I sometimes spend time with on that beach.
Little walk via beach then rock pools on way back to bus stop.
Bluebottle/ blue stinging jellyfish a possibility. DD has experienced that.
Stopped for bread on the way home, at beach shopping center.
Storm/rain happened on the way home.
Scarcely a sprinkle on the way home from busstop.
Monday - yoga
(Do I want a Thursday class? Not til after intro tai chi finishes up. Then I'm a definite maybe.
Though it will be quick leave to catch a bus on appointment days.
Got wrapping 'parchment leaf' and posted Dsis bday gift.
home bus
had just finished lunch and there was a car
helper
Just washed new taichi shirt. Need to hang it out to dry for Wed.
Nap is much needed.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”