You have got this! monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: You have got this! monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:48 pm

My computer is officially biting the dust. Fan keeps trying to start. Was trying to find my m Microsoft I for so I can load word on the iPad dd gave me for Christmas. Posting from my k kindle. Hate typing one-fingered.

Went to dbil/dsisil's this morning. Going to meet them for breakfast tomorrow. Dh doesn't have too many days left here. He leaves Thursday, comes back Tuesday the 13th & leaves again the 25th.

Having trouble reading this so will quit for now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Good morning everyone! My weekend was fairly productive, but I cannot say good, because Mom went into the hospital early Saturday morning. She was sent home today, but had a partial intestinal blockage. How the heck did that come about? I got my taxes completed and mailed. I had to pay the tax preparer almost $300, but it is DONE and done better than I can. I still have to wait until Wednesday before I pay on my credit card. Then, I will know how much the dentist trip will require (estimated is $140).

I did get the stuff put into the shed. I made some UFO progress, finishing a pot holder. I put away some yarn. The pet sitter is arranged for my Sedona trip. I even made progress on painting the rabbit hutch that I am re-purposing into an outdoor cathouse. It was a joy to be able to paint something without hearing the x's constant complaints that I was not doing it right. Is it perfect? No. Do the cats care? Not in the least. The wood will be protected rather than disintegrate between now and the time I can get it done "right". There is still more to go on that.

DD16's guitar lessons are over, at least for now. Her instructor has accepted a job in TX, a good move for him, but not for DD. He will recommend some other instructors. She made a commitment to be at church at 8 am next week for youth led service. She will also be getting in late the night before. I like the fact that she is involved in youth group, but early is not my favorite thing. I foresee Sunday naps for both of us.

I have modified four reports and am about to upload them and notify the users group. And tell them I am still working on ridding one of them of an inconvenience.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Quick check in to say hello. Too many days have gone for me to cuop all at one time, so will catch up this past week as I can. I miss being able to post at regular times!

We were out three days last week for grocery and doctor appts. That puts me behind on things that need done here, so only the daily routine stuff gets done. This week we have two pharmacy rx pick ups tomorrow and a doctor appt on Thursday.

Tuesday we had rx refills to pick up at Publix and W-M and needed groceries, so went to W-M first. Dh got tired while shopping, so went to sit down at the front to wait for me. While he was trying to sit he fell ... hit his knee and bumped his forehead. Several people rushed to help him up and an asst manager was filling out their accident form when I got up to the checkout. The manager called the next day to see how he was. He is ok, just his pride was hurt! :oops: I think from now on he should use the electric carts while we shop.

Thursday while I was washing supper dishes I noticed the hot water wasn't as hot as it should be; I thought maybe the temp. gauge needed adjusted. Friday morning it was cold when we tried to bathe. When I checked the water heater the pilot light was out. Neither of us knows how to light this one, so will wait till ds#2 can stop in.

Harriet, I didn't miss your comment about dfam#2's trip to Jacksonville. Thank you for asking about them! They had a nice weekend except that dgd21 had to stay home to work. Dgd16 placed 2nd and 3rd in her competitions. The family was in Ft. Myers this past weekend also. I did see a couple of pictures posted on FB, but haven't talked to ds or ddil yet to see how the girls did this weekend.

Harmony, I think you have a good point to consider. I am so far behind in my focus cleaning these past few years. At the beginning of the year I print out our focus cleaning schedule and try to keep up with some of it. Somehow it will all get done, but things like washing the walls will have to wait for a better time.

It is time now for a bite of lunch; after that will be time to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:16 pm

I swept the kitchen & hallway, did a rock drop, and finished painting up a few rocks, repainted some happy with them now. Glad I got leaves moved earlier I will do more of that but need to wait for the hens are out on their free range time.

I had to struggle through a lack of mojo this morning. We had a few drops of rain when I walked the dog and picked up trash wind had blown in at the grange it was good to get fresh air.

I am back inside from the next round off yd work I raked the back it looks better now yea for progress. 40 min. Just in time the wind just picked up a bit.

I am back from walking the dog.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Just uploaded those four reports and notified the users group! There are 86 items remaining on the changelist for the reports. Of these, 19 affect multiple reports. It also includes one I had to add about a bug with the web links. Job security.

Sunny: I am sure someone has posted instructions or video about how to light the pilot light. First place to check is the manufacturer's website. You WILL be able to do it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:29 pm

quick hi - hi!

did my weekly laundry room - yay rah rah rah - 20 minutes
dinner in fridge ready for tonight
plates/forks and knifes on the kitchen table
going to have some yogurt
and relax a bit before dr. appointment
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi everyone!!

I went to both of the "knitting" groups. I have lifted a finger around here other than getting myself something to eat this morning.

My x sounds a lot like Elizabeth's x. He could supervise anything he thought I should be doing. Since we split, now he has to do everything himself. Cooking, cleaning, repairs, keep track of his own paper work instead of yelling at me because he couldn't find what he didn't put away.

I never get told what to do or what someone else thinks I should do. As a result, sometimes I don't do anything.

Maybe tomorrow.

Supper tonight is last night's left overs.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Successful day.

Dgs woke up when I went to drop them at home so we went out to Subway for lunch. He wasn't very hungry, having had his snack just 70 minutes prior and just having woken up. Dd, wasn't hungry because she's so sick but she was spaced out and falling asleep at lunch so I had her send for her dh to come home from work early. She'll sleep away most of the day and dgs will be fine with his daddy.

I came home and before taking off my boots went across to the other building to measure for the bookcase. Came back to my building to measure what I have here and then went to the office to get final permission. Done! Woot!!! (it only took me 5.5 months to get this solved!)

While in the office I booked the service elevator for April 7 which is refugee moving day.

Talked with the super about repairs to the apartment. He actually inspected on Friday while we were out and missed a couple of spots (and I missed some he had found) and so he updated the list. Not sure when the repairs will start.

So, a lot was done. I ate too much at lunch but it was all healthy and I'll skip a bun with my burger tonight and should even things out.

Next up: fill in my food diary for the day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Repairmen were extremely nice, cost seemed low, and I'm pleased.

Not completely out of the woods yet, in that as floor dries further, we could find there are problems to fix. But not necessarily. The vinyl flooring is of an age that it could stand replacing, so that's something to think about. But we know now that we do not continue to have a leak - that's the important thing and we feel a lot more confident!

Good to hear from you, Sunny! Yes, post more often! :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Home from a long day of appointments and errands. We dropped DS9 off at DMom's home early this morning then made the 60+ mile drive to the Skin Doctor for 6-month checkups. I passed. DH failed. They did a biopsy and called a few hours later with the results. DH is now scheduled for surgery on April 11th to remove a skin cancer from his face.

While we were in the big city we went vehicle shopping at a couple of dealerships. I found a couple of vehicles that am interested in but I needed to come home and do some research before negotiations.

We stopped at Sam's and filled the back seat of the pickup to the roof with stuff for the church. We didn't have room for DS9 to sit so had to transfer some of the items in the back of the pickup when we stopped to pick him up. Then I held my breathe while driving home hoping the stuff in the back of the pickup wouldn't get caught by a wind gust and fly out. That's the reason I need an SUV instead of a pickup. I prefer driving a pickup but it doesn't have enough covered storage for our needs.

I have less than 4K steps so need to get outside and move it. I don't like to wait until late in the day to get my daily steps in.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”