ditto - transitions (d harriet's)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: ditto - transitions (d harriet's)

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:48 pm

(Twins) you have a lot to do today. Yes, busy is good.

No transitions here, but some day. I wonder how hard it'll be. As much as DH is fighting this, today he said something about those plans I found and gave to someone: one less batch of paperwork to burn. :shock: I just think this is very hard for him. Outside of his time at youth group he has NO hobbies. Unless I count his going around in the yard and pulling weeds, which he does enjoy doing.

We've had a conversation about his family. 3 of them will be selling homes and moving. 2 are already on the market, 1 has a house picked out to buy and will need a garage built. 1 has property bought and wants to build a house. 1 will sell when the other one sells theirs and she wants a house built. I asked him if he was going to let his family drag him into all this work - which will mean that retirement is not even visible now - and he was thoughtful but had nothing to say. I guess he is thinking about all that.

Today I've done the usual. 1 LOL hanging. Some paperwork. 2 proposals. I am getting better at these new programs in this computer... making something a pdf and emailing it. I knew I would eventually learn it, but boy this took a while.

Going through some trade magazines to try to recycle them. I've tried to cancel most but they keep coming. Someday I won't have to even look at them, they'll go straight to the recycle bin, like some of the catalogs I get.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:23 pm

so funny d kathryn
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:25 pm

dear twins its nice that you are having the shiva at your house even though its so so hard
take time to grieve b4 you start at the house - I'm so sorry for your loss

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm

hi d harmony it sounds like many family members are in transitions w selling their homes
wishing u a good day :D

d cathy you have had a productive day :D

d elizabeth have fun w girls night out even if its homework :D

waving too at d nancy as she works

hello to everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0Ee1spC3s fly kat tuesday

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 pm

One tada for us today! Already dropped off dmom’s meds!
Blessed, I have learned FINALLY to just let dh grumble all he wants and pay very little attention to him... and 9 times out of 10, things work out the way I hoped they would.
Sometimes I still let myself get upset and argue, but I’m learning.

Also have a call in to dh’s cardiologist.
Have any of you — or your dh’s — ever taken amiodarone (for heart rhythm problems)?
Dh thinks he is having some side effects from this and wants to leave it off.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Am back from town stopped by knitting mtg. On my way home, food is put away dang forgot laundry soap. Sigh...

Trash can is back in from the curb.
I took ddog to mail box no mail 2day.

Lovely sunny day outside here today.
Raked more leaves, h back from walking the ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Home and more progress.

Before I went walking with dh I got a very slipshod dusting done. When I got home I was going to have a snack but had let the hot water pot go unfilled (even though I meant to do it after drawing the water for my tea this morning.) It takes forever to boil, so I refilled it and then did the rest of the vacuuming and mopping (yes, it took almost that long!)

After my tea, I put everything away so the apartment has been slipshod cleaned except my kitchen chores which I'll do tonight after dinner.

I have also folded and put away the other load of laundry so now I've avoided paperwork for as long as I can!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I had to call a Do-Nothing Morning.

Looking back at last week -- I worked coworker's hours in addition to my own, 33 hours spread over Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri, and Sat. Tuesday I went out running errands. In addition, Wednesday I drove up north to breakfast with DMom and DSisters, and then spent an hour spring cleaning DMom's apartment before rushing to work all afternoon and evening.

If I had been counting steps for the week, the number would have been pretty dramatic. :shock:

Sunday I concentrated on the 3Ds. Yesterday I worked my normal 8 hour shift.

All work hours at the library are either standing at the service counter or walking around putting things away. (If I'm very lucky, I get one 10-15 minute break to sit and eat a snack.) As a result, my back and knees are over tired. This morning when I got up, I had difficulty walking down the stairs. That's when I decided on the Do-Nothing Morning. I am grateful that I don't need to go anywhere today.

After I eat a late lunch, I'll start on the chores that have been piling up. I've been reminded that working so many hours out of the house is how my home got to be in this awful mess over the years. Can't do the chores if I'm physically not here to do them, or if I am home but too tired.

Another reason to stay indoors is that we had a lot of sleet and snow dumped on us yesterday and more is coming today. The roads are yucky. I thought about going to the grocery store but have decided to postpone until Friday, when the weather is supposed to be better and coworker is supposed to be back to work her shift.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:16 pm

I have posted the reports and am working on other modifications. Unfortunately, bugs have been found in two other reports! One is a simple sorting issue. The data is accurate, but there is one situation (that does not occur frequently) that messes up the sort. I already have the code to fix. The vets have determined that Stratton died of cancer. The report is being sent to the animal org office and will probably say where and what kind. His only symptom before the crisis is that he did throw up a lot. However, he also had thick shedding fur. Maybe I should have taken him in for it, but it is unlikely that his life could have been extended.

TwinsMom has my sympathy for the transitions going on in her life.

Booksaver is smart in planning a Do-Nothing morning.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 pm

Thank you friends for the condolences. I got the obit corrected both online and in the newspaper tomorrow. I had spelled my nephew's wife's first name wrong. :o Both my sister and brother have died within 18 months of each other.

I "should" get busy or I'll be panicked tomorrow. The rabbi told dd that the most important thing for her right now was to help take care of her family, but otoh I'm not sure she's willing to skip Hebrew school tomorrow afternoon to help me. I ordered a sandwich tray and a fruit tray for tomorrow. The temple sent out an email to the congregation and I set up a shiva event as a Facebook event and send invites. I have no idea how many might come, but it's usually not a huge crowd.

Little steps
-clear kitchen counters
-put a tablecloth on DR table
-reboot laundry
-make my bed
-straighten up in MBR

Dh is in the middle of buying a new car, I think. I had posted a while back that his car had needed over $4K in repairs with Audi picking up most of it. But he feels burned and isn't sure how long this car will stay fixed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”