ditto - transitions (d harriet's)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

ditto - transitions (d harriet's)

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 am

Big and little transitions in life call for attitude adjustments, re-calibrations, thinking outside the box.

Homemakers become uniquely capable of handling them, and often making them easier for others.

What transition are you moving through now, smoothing out the bumps along the way
?

I thought this was perfect.

have a wonderful day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: ditto - transitions (d harriet's)

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 am

I remember why I started SHE - I was a young mom and I wanted more time to play with my girls and I wanted to be able to have people over
D harmony helped me remember this yesterday.

shocking thing is that dd's said they always thought our house was clean when we were young and that we always went out each day or did field trips. I realized it takes longer to do what I used to do in the house :D

i used to have campouts - fire pits w somores - field trips around the city and far away - i loved that so why not continue - i only do field trips in summer when i do my out of my comfort zone program - why not now - make a fire place even if its just me - or work on some craft w/o having it be practical - my thinking got out of that time bc i no longer had little ones and babysitting - why not just do it for me 8-) :D

sometimes I forget to have fun in my day when I see so many things that need to be done and that my body no longer goes at racing speed of my youth. :lol: 8-) but also bc I'm trying to do things for others

what are you doing for you today

making fun in my day today -
I am working in my routines to take time for fun each day.

dd younger is seeing a girl from high school downtown which is good.

wishing you all a good day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:33 am

i am a big believer, now more than ever, doing a bit each day can make life goals happen

with dd younger suffering from severe depression i have been able to see how the wall she has set up in her brain, bc of this horrible disease meds concussions etc , stops her seeing that even just one baby step can make life better. everyday not doing something small seems to let time slip away from her and that depresses her more.
(depression makes it so she can't see the door on the wall in her brain) she needs to walk through bit by bit -even opening the door on little bit of a time - depression is lying to her and overwhelming her making everything look so big and hopeless,

d lady Kat
her 3 layer cake: routines, BWP, zones

I added another layer:
play

get it done so u can have fun

so today my routines:
morning, evening
fitness
animals
dinner prep
paperwork

tuesday: bathrooms
play

zones: living room

what gives you inspiration
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

D Harriet's Wisdom

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks Blessed for that great start.

It is trash day here, h put the can at the curb. I dumped trash yesterday to get ready for today yea for prep.!

I read a book, a kids book Fancy Nancy aspiring Artist, yea for progress on reading more.

I have an orange dish cloth nearly done.
I am thinking about the transition into daylite savings time this weekend.
Our local library it being remodeled an elevator is going in the found an old cistern when the ydug down for the footings for it, I am wondering what will be on the new level it is closed for a few weeks.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 am

Good morning everyone! I am not currently in any transition (thank goodness), but have an appointment with the financial advisor to discuss future ones. DD16 should be done with vet school in 2029, I will be 65. Full retirement age for me is 67, not sure I want to retire then. In 3.5 years, I will have the transition to mom of a college student, gotta plan for that. On a sadder note, Mom's recent hospitalization has made me remember that one day, I will transition to executor of their estate. No reason to assume that will be anytime soon, but they are 80 and 81. I hope they get to see DD established as a vet.

Last night was very productive, because I just pushed through on my list and promised myself that when it was done, I could goof off. I returned the library book, finished the letter, did my financial appointment homework, caught up on my home emails, updated the church website, ran a LOL and even put it away. My reward was to crochet with Hogan and a glass of wine. Oddly enough, I downloaded a jigsaw, but didn't even start it.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD (probably more homework). I should figure out what I am going to do during that time. One thing I know should get done is cook some fried rice.

I have some report links to fix now. Bye!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 am

I'm liking these repeated posts. Sometimes it takes hearing something more than once for it seep in!

My launch was fair-to-good today. We were awake at 6 before the alarm went off accidentally (I had hit the button last night in the dark while setting up the radio for this morning.) I've set the alarm start times to after 7 so even if I make this mistake again (the alarm button is next to our preset for the morning radio station) it won't necessarily go off when we are still sleeping.

Weighed in, made the bed, did tea and chocolate, started laundry, then stopped being productive. Picked up again later when dh came around for his breakfast. I'm now s2s, the bedroom has been vacuumed the first load of laundry hung up, the second started, my nails have polish on them. The new matte stuff isn't going to replace Nails for Males so I need to order that online (no local place I've found carrying Orly, carries it.)

So I'm waiting for my nails to dry now (put a shiny coat over top to make them look a bit better.)

I found this spoof commercial reference in The Economist and it reminded me of some our conversations about regional phrases. Plus, I think it is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3j6708kzEY

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Good morning dfriends. I am feeling sad, today, and rightly so. A quiet day here for me at home. Since dnephew is not wanting a formal service we are doing, I think, a "shiva" service here at my house tomorrow evening to allow our Jewish family to be with us. My is in okay shape - just need to pupa and perhaps plan for some food tomorrow night. It will be good for me to keep busy.

Transitions: I have mother's POA so at this point I will need to clear out her house to sell it. I was wanting to keep her house in place as a place for my brother to live, and that has been accomplished. I'll need a dumpster, like my sister's house. The truck my father drove before he died in 1999 I think is signed over to my brother, so I will need dnephew to move it to get the dumpster in. I'll think about that later this week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi everyone! (((Twins)))

Dh is good for another year with his College of Trades certificate being paid for today and I renewed our Costco membership today as well. I also went to the bank and paid all 5 of the monthly household bills and I mailed something for dh because the post office is in the same strip mall.

I also brought home 10 chicken wings for dh from Costco so he could try them. We have 2 Costcos here and I think the distance between the 2 is fairly equal. I haven't actually measured it. One has chicken wings at the snack counter and the other doesn't. Dh was just leaving to go back to work, so he was able to try one. He really enjoyed it, so we will be getting them again but in the 30 pack for $20. Measured with Google and the one to the west is 20 km or "18 minutes" according to my phone. St. Catharines is 19 km or "16 minutes".

So I have been fairly productive today and we are having omelets and home fries and sausage for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Twins, the social traditions surrounding death serve many purposes but one of the most important is to provide you with the next thing that needs doing. Traditions also provide others with an idea of how to offer assistance when what they are looking for is a way to say through actions that they are trying to carry a bit of your pain..

So embrace any traditions that feel right for you.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:34 pm

At the upscale grocery store for my lunch. Dh is at his hair appointment. I walked him to the bus station and then took a long walk around here. I'll meet him on his way home.

Return to “Post When You Can”