Wednesday's Wows

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday's Wows

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm still processing this morning. I wasn't physically there but was well aware I was still with my friend has her sister died since we were texting back and forth. This is the hard part of a minister's job but I can see why it is the most important part for MF. It is an honour to sit with almost strangers as family passes. I'm sure nurses have the same feeling.

I'm s2s and am maintaining my neat house so the breakfast dishes are washed up. While doing all that I'm thinking about funerals so made some notes that came into my mind for the service I'll be doing in May. And bless a bullet journal - I can write my notes down on a blank page and write the page number in next to the Future Log's notation of the event and know I can find my notes easily when it comes time to write something.

It is almost lunch time so I'm thinking about what to have for lunch. I'd like french toast but I think the number of bread items I've had lately are making it hard to keep to my calorie count. It isn't so much the number of calories per item it is that one item leads to another and another and the cumulative response to the cravings is not good at all. I'm having lasagna for my dinner tonight so I'll pass on bread at lunch as well and just have bacon and eggs.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Posting in j & c .... sigh..

Ok moving on from woes I have not done much today except take notes on writing. I took a break walked ddog to the corner called my dsis.

Anti P day ... I need a task for this just one would help. I want to go to the pond and get rocks to paint.

It is nearly warm enough to walk.
I got brownie mix to make for dh 65th bday this mo.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Oh my lanta.

DH will celebrate his 65th birthday this weekend.
DD asked if she could host a birthday for him at our home on Sunday. I agreed to it.
Did I ask who she was going to invite? Nope. I just assumed it would be immediate family (a dozen people) or maybe she was going to go big and invite the extended family (70 people).
UHMmmmmm....I never imagined that she was going to invite everyone we know. ***GULP** She invited over 1000 people to eat lunch at our home on Sunday.

OH MY LANTA.

Talking to myself......
Deep Breathe. It will be okay.
It's not a problem......it will be an adventure
It could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened.
A memory maker!
***EEEK!!!***

I don't want to talk to myself anymore. I'm just going to repeat.....
I will not panic. I will not panic.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Lady M take a deep breath. Take another one. One foot in front of the other.

Dh came home at lunch time and he said that he could see and smell the fact that I had washed the floors. I used a lot of bleach in the bathroom. Dh tends to get insulin on the floor when he is injecting himself. Plus the cat box is in there.

I had a delightful hot shower and washed my hair. Now all I want to do is the kitchen floor.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:15 pm

LadyM: please tell me she included "potluck" in the invitation...

Done lunch. Talked with senior friend. Warned her that dh will be eating dinner with her on Friday.

I need to get to the store but the snow isn't stopping. In fact, it is heavier than before. Walking should be tricky (I hope they won't sent sidewalk plows out, this will melt once the snow stops, most of it is melting as it reaches the ground so the accumulation isn't bad.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Now that I'm over the initial shock, I'm okay with Sunday event. Who knows. Maybe no one will come.
No potluck mentioned. DD has volunteered to cook Indian Tacos for everyone who shows up.
DD has no fear. She will tackle anything.
On the positive side.....this is a HUGE show from DD to her Dad of how important he is to her. Maybe it will heal DD & DH relationship some. Maybe DH will soften a little toward DD. The past can't be changed. All we can do is go forward.

Homeschool has progressed smoothly this morning.

Lunch was tilapia, sauteed vegetables, mixed fresh vegetables, and pumpkin. I enjoyed every bite

this afternoon schedule -
** 3:30 pick up DGD6 from school
** 4:30 pick up 15 calzones from the local pizza place
** 5:00 set up to feed church family (prep drinks, set out eating utensils, organize the potluck dishes and make sure they all have serving utensils, etc)
** 6:00 OA phone meeting
** 7:00 worship service
** 8:30 (hopefully) put DGD6 and DS9 to bed.

Next up
- wash hair
- dry hair outside in the sunshine
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:47 pm

went to hair cut hair dye.
went to er - I am glad I did - they took an x ray and gave me a nice pain shot. it is frozen shoulder and arthritis and thinning of my bone in that area. So I have to see the Orthopaedic person. (they may have to do surgery but we shall see) At least I know why am in pain. it was bad this am and last night. so at least knowing is half the battle.

waiting for dd younger at the pastry shop

learned something from fly lady kat - I never thought about it before but I can do my weekly home blessing ten minutes a day. not a bad idea
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Home from wanderings.

More to worry about with dmom - so much pain in her knees and she's not wanting to get around, and they couldn't get her to lunch because she kept saying she needed to use the bathroom and then couldn't get her off the toilet. I think she forgets why she's there. One day I found her sitting there with pants up. (She wears a "brief.")

Got some groceries.

I figured out that I just want someone else to be in charge of this evening. I'm tired of people asking what they can do to help, I just want someone to take it and run with it. I am going to make a list of stuff to do here, and then lie down.

A dfriend who can't be here tonight sent beautiful flowers to the house.

-put away groceries
-start list
-take something for my back, which aches
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:20 pm

blessed, isn't physical therapy supposed to help a frozen shoulder be able to move again? I'm sorry you have this.

LadyM :shock: :o I'm hoping the weather is just beautiful so some of the people can gather about outside. I do not even know 1000 people. Yikes!

Twins, you do need a break. I guess your DMom does not know this has happened?

I was at both banks this morning. We are building a house for someone and have not even gotten one draw from their mortgage loan company yet. This is twice I've had to put money into the business account to fund this project temporarily. I'm grateful we're able to keep everything afloat.

I am mindful of so many serious things going on in our little village. Compared to some of you, we are just putt-putting along nicely. I have no reason to be down-in-the-dumps and getting into hide-in-the-house mode.

I was out today, stopped at the supermarket after my bank chores and got some things. I am increasingly disappointed that there are fewer and fewer raw ingredients to do my own cooking with. Looking at frozen vegetables, I saw none of those long green beans I like to get and only those steam-able ones in small packages. Does no one cook from scratch any more?

Got DH out the door with a paperwork packet. I can work uninterrupted for a while.

Yesterday DH was here all afternoon and was in charge of answering the phone. I smiled about him being annoyed at so many calls, robo calls, nobody there calls, sell-you-something calls. I told him this is why I hate the telephone these days. He doesn't often see the mess this causes.

I guess I should get busy with something.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 pm

My neck was hurting is some better a bit, so I racked leaves a bit to get the kinks out and it helped some so it is more tollerable now I am resting on the couch with some mood music on.

Return to “Post When You Can”