Wednesday's Wows

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday's Wows

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:39 pm

((((((blessedw2))))))) I hope you get some relief from the pain.

(((((((Twins))))))) Keep talking it through as you get through this hard grief time. We are here for you. Be gentle with yourself.

My hair & body are squeaky clean now. After I finished using the shower, I went ahead and cleaned it good.

I keep finding things left undone yesterday that I normally do without any thought. DH and I are both operating on emotional overload. Things appear normal but they aren't. We are both doing all the normal Wednesday things but we know Hank's chair will be empty tonight. Hank always showed up an hour early in case we needed some help getting the stuff done. >>>.turning my thoughts away to something more pleasant<<<<<

Next up -
** Pack my dinner to take tonight
** walk to the school to get some steps in. DH will drive there so we can get DGD6 before leaving town.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:10 pm

And same back to you, Dear LadyM.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm

Yes, I will be doing physical therapy - when did I reach that age? 8-) :D dd younger has already had physical therapy - now I am joining her :D

dd younger - is in pain but she did go to therapy - which is very good.

I will come back soon to say hello to all of you!
(((dearest twins)))

tired but I need to work
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:44 pm

At least I am back on the s2s first thing routine! No big wow, it's out of necessity -- but still... ;)
* up and at -em this morning, dgd was here for a couple hours...
* talked to cardiologist's nurse re: medicine; she sent in fax for dh to get blood work at local hospital
* talked to duncle, who helped us purchase SUV (with his employee discount)...
* insurance office
* tag office
* hospital, for dh to get blood work

I had a very dizzy spell while on the phone with duncle, and I'm still feeling kinda light-headed. I"m going to nap for a bit before starting supper.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Not feeling up to my regular stuff my neck was out today but my motto was do some so I did walk tne dog a block. I did 5 min. On stat bike. I did one load of laundry, I did shake out the rugs, I did sweep. Do did paint some stones. I did something today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Blessed: I just had a thought. Perhaps dd younger will be your cheerleader with this, encouraging you. That would be a good focus for her, away from her troubles and leading you through recovery partly by example.

No progress here although I did get on the treadmill for a bit. We walked to the store. Our wind gauge has been broken for a while so we didn't know about the 25 mph gusts. There were times when it wasn't pleasant. The snow started up heavily while we were in the store but it was the kind of snow we love, the big flakes you want to catch on your tongue.

Dh went off having dinner on the way. I had a lasagna for my dinner. For some reason, aside from working on the service today (it is done except for prayers of the people and the sermon), I've had no progress, just maintaining and even that isn't quite right, I just remembered I haven't done my 5 dinner dishes nor flipped today's laundry (which I didn't start until I was making dinner.)

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:39 am

I have been working on this house for the last 2 days. Tomorrow is my dental appt to have the implant work done. I'm suppose to be there at 1:45 and they plan to start at 2:15. Supposedly the implant work only takes 20 minutes. I wanted the house clean and laundry caught up, so that I can rest without looking at things that need done. Dgd21's fiance called tonight to see if he could come tomorrow or Friday to spray the house. I was happy to say tomorrow would be fine if it was before noon. He will be here at 11.

Talked to dd2 tonight and the girls get out of school tomorrow at noon and don't go at all Friday for conferences. So they have an early start to spring break. I told her I have my appt so can't watch them tomorrow. She asked if I could watch them for part of the day Friday and I agreed. I haven't seen them for 10 days and miss seeing them.

We went out for supper tonight to the Italian restaurant and were disappointed. We had Chicken Promodora. It had chicken, large penne pasta and a sauce. It was in a bowl with a spoon. More like soup than anything else. Dh told me that my Italian dishes were much better than theirs. We had went to IHOP Monday morning for breakfast and their pancakes were tough and tasteless. I use the Krusteaz brand pancake mix and they are good.

On Monday Feb. 19, I had a long post that didn't post. I never got around to redoing it. On that Sunday night about 8:15 the doorbell rang repeatedly. I looked out the peephole and it wasn't any family. I could tell whoever it was, was frantic. I opened the inside door and she opened the storm door and came in. It was our Asian neighbor lady who speaks no English. She kept pointing to our backyard and then would hold her hands high and then wide. I don't know how I came to the conclusion from that, that there was a fire, but I hollered to dh that his garage was on fire. Her and I headed for the sliding doors and dh flew up the stairs 2 at a time. It was not our garage on fire but our fence. It charred 9 pickets and 1 post. Several of the pickets had burnt up about 8 inches, from the bottom. Our house does not have a light to the patio from the sunroom. You have to walk across the patio, use a key to open his garage and turn on the light. I have always wanted him to put a motion light there. He does have a motion light on the southwest corner but with the patio cover, you have to be in a certain place for it to work. Anyway I managed to get the hose hooked up and he put the fire out. The neighbor man was on the other side of the fence talking to her. About an 8 x 8 ft. patch of their grass had burnt. Their storage building was on the other side of the fire and we don't know how it kept from burning. I guess they think it is our fence because they should have hooked up a hose and started trying to put it out. It had been really windy for several days. I had a bunch of flower pots with perennials in them between the fence and the cement walkway that surrounds the garage. Something airborn must have landed there and started the fire. All the rectangle planters that held plants melted. This couple never has lights on in their home at night. If they had not noticed it and let us know, we wouldn't have known anything until the whole fence was blazing and the firetrucks pulled up. So dh has taken the fence down and has steel fence posts, the pickets and railing bought plus the concrete for the holes. When he was taking the fence down the neighbor guy helped. That was Saturday. The wind has blown ever since until today. So dh will start on the holes on Friday. When dh was taking down the fence the guy pointed to the 16 ft. of fence that connects to his house and said I pay. Dh will just charge him for that and not half of the fence. That is what I love about my dh, he will never cheat anyone or take advantage of anyone.

Dh has to be at the dentist office the whole time I am there. Dgs13 has been coming here after school this week, since basketball season is over and track hasn't started. Today I told him that we might not be home when he gets here but I showed him where I will leave a key. I hope we are home at least shortly after he gets here.

I plan to buy groceries in the morning, so I don't have to get out for a few days, if I don't feel like it.

Well it's late, so better head to bed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 am

what a good idea d kathyn!

im glad she said something re the fence - it could have spread! d lilac - how did the fire start?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”