Wednesday's Wows

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday's Wows

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 am

I'm turning "Wow, It's Wednesday!" on its head.

What will wow you about today?

Will it be accomplishments?

Will it be the weather?

Will it be times of connection with friends and family during times of loss?

Will it be wonderful news?

Will it be a shock?

Positive or not, come in here to share. We are here to share both the good AND the difficult/bad with each other. So please come in and share your day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday's Wows

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:51 am

Wow, many SHE sisters have had upheaval in their lives. I'll be thinking of you all during the day, as well as two IRL friends. One, L, is counting down the last hours with her sister and CM will be heading out tomorrow to see her Dad in the hospital and find out what is happening. Her mom can't make a DNR decision nor tell CM exactly what is wrong.

From my more distant position, I see CM being shifted to Toronto just as L's sister dies there. CM and L are close friends (that's how I met L) and so I'm glad CM may be there to give an IRL hug when the time comes. I may scoot down to Toronto for the funeral if the timing works for me. I've been praying for L's sister and her family for the past year, writing specific prayers she's been sharing while in hospital rooms.

Wow, the weather. There's a significant snowfall out there and in the rural areas school buses are canceled.

Wow, my housework yesterday meant waking to a tidy and clean house this morning. That is a wonderful feeling.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:48 am

how nice to wake to clean house d kathyrn BWTG
thank u for starting us on this WOW wonderful outlook working for me today

i am praying for your d friends d kathryn
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 am

I hardly know where to start today. A friend texted me last night about coming over to help at home this afternoon/evening so I suggested he come and figure out what needs to happen. I am not together today.

PODA:
-grocery store
-drugstore, to make a small photo of dbro
-visit dmom
-shower
-keep house together
-keep myself together

Other than that I don't know.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 am

d twins its ok and perfectly understandable that you can't be yourself right now - glad u are accepting help - a person who can see the steps that need to b done at this sad time. take care of yourself - baby steps sweet twins others understand and want to support you with love.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 am

left shoulder has been slowing me down - i don't do well on pain 8-) ;) :lol: I'm not a good sick person 8-)

today 9:00 am haircut hair dye - i missed it yesterday by waking ten minutes b 4 appointment :o

things that are not working
making dinners - i do it but i need to get pre cut things bc w arm hurting its hard to hold veggies to cut them
not clearing my kitchen table each time i leave the room - its my desk too but i have a cart to put things on

what is working
making dinner routine early in the day
leaving family room as it should b - i have a picture on the door going to kitchen so i can look back and see if i am leaving clutter i can't see - i get used to stuff

hope today to help dd through one baby step/door
this month on all the f ly ladies and always part of pam and peggy is s2s

today is ortho dr phone call and if i can't get in go to ER or immediate care for x ray
call dr neurologist dd as she has forgotten years - after talking to girl she realizes how much she lost in memory - she knew before but this sunk it in
and what is happening to her

today is ANTI PROCRASTINATION DAY

4 layer cake
1 - routines
2 - bwp do at least one thing
3 - zones do one small thing
4 - playful mind - thinking

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 am

Twins: I remember dh's aunt grabbing me by the shoulders and holding me in place until I could articulate what needed to be done and then taking tasks off me. This was before my mom's funeral, I think (I honestly don't remember but I do remember her doing it.) ADDing makes everything worse at this time.

Blessed: frozen shoulder is a long recovery (think months.) My neighbour had it 2 years ago.

My friend's sister just passed. I've done nothing but text or wait for texts. CM knows as well so will be able to deliver my hug tomorrow or Friday. She'll also let me know the arrangements in case I can go.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:00 am

Morning...

My thoughts are with Twins and Kathryn right now.

Twins.. your post on FB about your brother was so nice to read. You did a beautiful job with his obit, and I enjoyed reading it.

Kathryn I feel for you as well. Hard to loose friends especially when involves others that are close to both of you.

I had a situation yesterday when a dear friend called me after receiving results from her MRI. She been in bad back pain for a while and learned she has a cyst on her spine. Several years ago her dad had the same thing. He had the cyst removed and died a month later, but from cancer.

She was in a panic driving home and I had to quickly calm her down. I am convinced that it was t till after her dad had his operation that the cancer was discovered and that had nothing to do with the other. However this is weighing heavy on her mind.

I am organizing my mind on paper this morning. We are taking a road trip starting next week to visit my son and new to me daughter in Dallas... a 1000 mile trip with Willis joining us. We are taking our time going both ways...we are in no hurry and want to enjoy the travel as well as the visit. It will take three driving days to get to Dallasand who knows how long to get home... we’re leaving that part open as we drive a way neither of us had been. If we see something we want to do,we’ll stop and do it

The first part of the trip will take us through Elizabeth’s town, so I will wave to her as I go by :D

Off to start my day... yesterday I worked doing stuff from 9-5 with hardly a rest. Fortunately Sweetie always offers to buy dinner anytime I request it, so it was pizza for him and a salad for me. Waving to y’all... need to finis my coffee. I need to follow Sweetie to the car shop so they can do a checkup on his car. Gonna put my hair under my hat. Then once home it’s a shower for both Willis and me, but not at the same time :lol: Take time to breath and enjoy your day...it will be gone n a blink of an eye.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 am

(((Twins))) and (((Kathryn)))

Hi!

I just turned on the computer a few minutes ago. I decided to be productive this morning. I swept living room and back hall and bathroom. Then I vacuumed all of the above. Then I mopped them. I also took most of the ashes out of the fireplace. I also emptied small garbage cans as I went. I also took a storage box out of my side of the bedroom closet and put it beside another just like it that was empty. Labeled both of them and now I have to fill the empty one with bags and purses that I have been shifting from one spot to another for a long time because I couldn't figure out how to deal with them. It came to me last night and I have now dealt with that little organizational problem. I explained to dh that sometimes these seemingly little problems create major road blocks for me.

I also picked up all the loose books around the library and today they will be put back on the shelves.

Don't get grossed out but supper is liver and onions here tonight. I know that a lot of people can't or won't eat organ meat. I need to boil some potatoes so we can have mashed potatoes with the liver and onions. I might go and buy a can of beef gravy because I think we should have gravy as well.

It's over cast here today, but no snow yet and the buses are running.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:49 am

Next I need to:
-s2s
-head out to drugstore to get photo printed
-groceries
-see my mom

I think this is harder than when my dsis died. Thank you for your kind words.

LadyM posted yesterday about her dfriend and pastor also in J&C. I am thinking of them too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”