Moving Forward Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Moving Forward Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:36 pm

I am glad the implants are done d lilac!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Lilac: dh doesn't have your health issues but also found the process super easy. I couldn't believe how easy it was for him. He said it was about the same as a filling or maybe easier. He's almost done, one more step and it is over. And it is taking this long because he forgot to make the last appointment after we got home from being away.

We're back from dinner. It went really well although dgs has a slight cold plus didn't nap on the bus on the way there so was 'fussier' than usual. Fussy isn't the right term, he just wasn't as engaged, nor did he eat as much as he usually does.

Dh had two good things happen tonight. First he got the senior's discount! He wouldn't have thought to ask but the people at the next table did. Secondly, he is now Baba so he has his name from dgs! Baba is father in Swahili (and Arabic) so he's happy with that. Babu is Grandpa in Swahili. Now we are trying to get a name for Uncle Ds.

Ds had dropped by our place to get a ride but we had already left so he put on laundry and headed down by car, arriving just minutes after we did. He gave us a ride home which saved me $7 but cost me my 10K steps for the day. I'm 1500 short but it is really slippery walking outside so I don't want to go out. Maybe a half mile on the treadmill....

We are following the Brier (major Canadian Curling competition) closely since dniece is engaged to a member of Team Ontario. They had a great win tonight. We were following along during dinner from the box scores since I can't stream it (will try and fix that tomorrow by 'borrowing' the credentials from my senior friend) but my dsisIL is there with her daughter and husband. She's worried dbil will have a heart attack because the games are so close. Dd mentioned about dh and I being on our phones but we felt this was a super special occasion since we were texting with family at an important event.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:44 pm

hi d nancy
hi d kathyrn carrot cake .... mmmm sounds great
hi d harriet so true about the shows and how children/parents love the fast pace compared to our time :D
I still love mr. rogers kind demeanour and his thoughtful words.
sending you a less stressful week to clear your mind!

hi d cathy

I took a three hour nap :cry: dh did the dishes!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:29 pm

I checked w h and called furnace poeple they had a spot for 1st thing in the morning yea! H. Requested pizza something that used the oven was on the plan for dinner. I have more laundry going did a bit of clearing in the furnace zone.

Inked some stuff in s journal.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:32 pm

Ds hung out here for a while so I didn't get any writing done. I think I'll head to bed now so I can spend tomorrow panicking without being being tired too!

When ds is here, my blutooth keyboard won't work so I had to take apart my work computer setup in order to pull down my laptop from its stand and use its keyboard. That's why I couldn't get writing.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Another day with mostly just moving to keep up with dgrands. NO accomplishments for me except keeping them alive, clean, and fed. And even with that, I let dgd fall out of a kitchen chair. :roll: But their dmom has picked up two freshly bathed little ones in their pj's... the house is tidied up... and we can rest for 11 hours before we do it all over again. :P Tomorrow starts earlier; ddil has to drop off dgd at 7:30 on her way to work -- but it also ends earlier, as she should be home by 6:00 pm. After tomorrow, I expect ds to be home most of the time during her work weeks for the rest of the month.

Steps... calories... I am still wearing my fitbit every day, but the totals for steps are pretty depressing lately, and I have been very lackadaisical with the calorie logging. I did well on Monday... then T-W-Th -- nothing. I know I've eaten waaay too much and I just don't want to even think about it.
Tonight, dgs took the fitbit while I was washing dishes and ran round and round the house, saying he was "helping me get the record!" :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:49 pm

I did not mean to hit submit. :roll:

So glad your implants are finished, Lilac!!! I know that is a load off your mind.
Seeing how long it has taken dmom to adjust to dentures -- a work STILL in progress -- I wish she had just gone ahead and gotten full-mouth implants. I know it would be a long drawn-out process, but she still isn't eating like she should and this has been going on forever, it seems. I don't see how implants could be much worse.

(((Twins)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:38 am

Kathryn, when I first saw the oral surgeon, he said that the majority of people have more trouble with teeth being pulled than implants. When he pulled the tooth Nov. 1, it was such a breeze that I didn't worry about the implants. I highly recommend implants.

lucylee, my dm has had dentures since she was 20 years old. Later my dad had dentures. Both brothers have dentures. Db1 had perfect teeth his whole life until he was diagnosed with diabetes at 16. Then he started having issues. I have managed to hold onto my teeth albeit, I have more than my fair share of crowns. While growing up, floss was never mentioned to me. While living in Colorado between the ages of 25-28, I had my wisdom teeth out plus that dentist put on several crowns. After we moved here, I had a wonderful dentist that did great work. The previous crowns had to be replaced and some more put on. However, I have had no more than one cavity since then. I attribute that to the fact that I use floss at least twice daily and have an electric toothbrush that charges. I think that the 2 minutes it runs, is all the difference. Right now I have a S onicare toothbrush but think I will change to Oral-B the next time.

lucylee, you are so right about the long drawn out process. I will have to wait 3-4 months before I can make an appt with my regular dentist for crowns on the implants. Once the impressions are made, then it will take a month for them to be made. The post on the bridge broke on Sept 14. It will probably be August before I am done.

When I decided to change dentists in Sept. after the bridge broke, they sent for my records from my previous dentist. I would have thought that would have given them the hint that I was done with them. I had an appt the 6th for a 6 month cleaning at the new dentist office. Then I had an appt for the 7th at the old dentist. So when they sent the reminder, I called to cancel and told them I wouldn't be back. This morning I got a text telling me I was overdue for a cleaning. So I called again and told them that I had cancelled that appt for yesterday and I wouldn't be back. We will see if that is plain enough for them.

Kathryn, I am so happy for your dh that he has a name from your dgs.

BabyK was 7 months old Saturday. He now weighs over 13 lbs. and is 25 inches long. He has started army crawling. He is eating baby food now and loves his veggies, especially green beans.

Dgd21s fiance came to spray today. I was showing him these tiny bugs we get every spring. Usually they stay on the window seal, but yesterday I found one on the bar. He didn't know what they were, so he put some on a tissue and I gave him a plastic bag. He decided not to go ahead and spray until he knew what to use for them. He called later and he had taken a picture of them and enlarged it, then sent it to his dad. His dad said they are Clover mites. M said that when he enlarged it you could even see the legs. These things are so tiny that with a magnifying glass, all I could see was a tiny, moving dot. He will come again tomorrow to spray.

Dh plans to start digging post holes tomorrow. I will have the 2 little girls for part of the day. Tomorrow will be 11 days since I seen them and then I only seen dgd8 for a minute then. She had a drs. appt and then spent the day with a friend.

I took an ibuprofen when the numbness wore off. I am feeling no pain, so I don't think I will take anything unless I need to. I plan to sleep on the sofa tonight because I sleep on my tummy but won't do that on the sofa. This way maybe I won't be putting pressure on that side of my face while sleeping.

(((Twins))) I have been thinking of you.

(((LadyM and dh))) thoughts of you also.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:40 am

Hi Sunny, I see your light on. How is your dh doing? I was so sorry to read that he had fell.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:27 am

Hi, Lilac. I'm glad you are doing well after your dentist appointment. I was just reading a little to cuop before turning out the light. Dh is already asleep. I am so far behind on all that has been going on here, I know I am missing some stuff.

Dh had his 6 mo check in with the kidney doctor. He was pleased with the results of the blood test taken last week. The only thing he is concerned about is his parathyroid level and he sent in a script to W-M, so dh will have another med to take. I've lost count of how many different meds he has. We will pick it up tomorrow. Lucy, you asked about Amiodarone: that is one of the RX dh takes. It is one of the older medicines. His cardiologist put him on a newer med, but it got too expensive; when it reached $208.00 co-pay, dh asked for a different one and amiodarone was the closest one.

Our water heater seems to be working again. I found the directions for care and maintenance right on the tank and directions for starting it was included. Ds came on Tues and started it and it was fine for a while, but had stopped overnight. He came back again yesterday and discovered a small plastic screen on the side of the tank at the bottom under the pilot light, I guess it's for the air inflow. Nobody knew it was there. Anyway, it needed cleaned, so after I did that, ds lit the pilot light and, wallah!, we have hot water again! Ds had thought it might be the thermocouple, but I'm glad it wasn't.

I need to turn out the light now, I'm very sleepy. Even though I don't post every day you all are in my thoughts the last thing at night and the first thing in the morning.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”