Moving Forward Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Moving Forward Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:23 am

Good morning, dear friends.

Are ya'll moving forward today, even though dealing with uncontrollable stuff? Here's something I read on the way to finding other things (the way I usually find things).
Life is packed full of uncontrollable events; in many situations the only thing we can control is the attitude we choose to respond with. A hard truth: sometimes changing your situation isn’t possible – or simply not possible soon enough.

You CAN always choose an attitude that moves you forward. And doing so will help you change things from the inside out, and ultimately allow you to grow beyond the struggles you can’t control. - Marc Chernoff

Thinking of Lilac in the dental chair this morning. All best wishes for a healthy, ordinary and expected outcome.

Twins' Mom your household and home is on our minds.

LadyMaverick

Re: Moving Forward Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 am

Harriet - thank you for the excellent start today.

I feel like I am only hitting on about 80% mental cylinders. Tooo many emotions to process at once but I know this will eventually pass. I just need to keep on keeping on

We have two semi-truck loads arriving today. Eeeks! One truckload is topsoil. The other is gravel. The topsoil will be dumped into our front yard. The gravel will be dump near DH shop. This is not good timing to tackle this project but it was already in motion so we decided to let it continue.

Homeschool will happen today. That is fairly easy now, but it does take a 4.5-hour chunk out of my day.

We will go to the public school at noon for lunch, recess with DS9 friends, speech class, and my volunteering gig.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:36 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Harriet.

LadyM ~ Good choice to keep the topsoil and gravel delivery schedule. Nice to have projects like that to be able to go outdoors and do some physical labor as a break from all the mentally stressful situations your family is dealing with this week.

Checking in:
I subbed for coworker almost 8 hours yesterday. It was a very busy day and all good except a couple of times in the late afternoon I had to stop and concentrate to figure out which day of the week it was. :? Too many days out of my normal routine.

In addition, DH is ill and stayed home yesterday. He has decided to stay home today, too. DH's department is busy enough that it's usually difficult for him to schedule time off, so he has built up 20 personal days plus all of his vacation time. He says almost everyone throughout his company is sick but they all come to work anyway because they don't have the sick days available. He knows he won't feel better unless he stays away from the germ-filled buildings at least 1 more day. His cough sounds awful, poor guy.

So ... the rest of this week will stay weird. Coworker called last night to say that she is back home but will not come to work today. I'll work my normal 8 hour Thursday and will probably be at the service counter by myself for most of it. Coworker might not work tomorrow either so I'm penciled in -- but hoping that she'll be ready to come back!

I need to go throw a load of clothes into the washer and grab another cup of coffee.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:43 am

LadyM said:
I feel like I am only hitting on about 80% mental cylinders.

I know that feeling, and the percentage is even less here. :shock:

I am meeting someone this a.m. at 9:30 about a genealogy biz logo. Decided to go on with meeting rather than reschedule. I need to sit down later and make a list. I've been writing some things down as I go but need to feel more together. My Best Self journal goals have been genealogy certification, health/wellness and my home. I was straining at three but adding a fourth (my mother's house) feels pretty unmanageable right now.

Right now I need to get ready and head out. I may leave the walk for the dog until later. She will be heartbroken, but we'll do it later. Temp is 34 this a.m. and very strangely, we're having snow flurries. There was a scattering on the cushions on the porch.

I've done some of a.m. routine. Dh did a lot of straightening up last night and early this a.m. The Great room, breakfast bar and kitchen table are cleaned/straightened up. Need to finish putting DR back together and clear kitchen counters to finish up from last night's gathering.

We had a great group of friends here and I felt comforted and surrounded by friends and family. It was good. I am going forward.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:53 am

insightful d harriet! It really touches where dd is at and all of us in our home at this time.
great start!

d lilac - hope your dentist appointment is going well

hi d lady -
Tooo many emotions to process at once but I know this will eventually pass. I just need to keep on keeping on
((()))
understandable!
sending you internal peace today.

hi d book
hoping some normalcy (and not to weird!) comes soon in your week
I am glad your dh stayed home - hope he feels better!

hello d twins (sending you strength throughout your day)
glad you are continuing to work on your genealogy
well done on your dh and you working together for the house. So glad you felt the comfort of good friends and family. So important. you are so cared for at your home and here.

wishing everyone a day of going forward!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 am

dd younger spoke to her therapist/dr. about going to an outpatient program because she really wants to work on her depression. I still think her changing up of meds is a problem. I am not sure if they are just throwing her from meds to meds. She never had problems like this until the severe meds they are giving her. But she is trying hard to move forward. I think it is good that dd is trying to think outside the box to help herself. We have to see her neurologist soon.

I am hiring a painter and a wallpaper person - with my arm being on the mend I decided to do this
first: order the wall paper
get the paint
order the new chairs/couch
hire someone when everything is out of deep freeze to caulk all the windows.

clean well the living room before they come

I was supposed to go to the opera today but d sis in law can't make it and dd younger has an appointment - lol dh definitely doesn't want to go with me
with dd feeling as she does it is better for me to be home and be her cheerleader

dh is off to his bi yearly dr. appointment

working hard to just do morning work so that I can head out and do my gym routine and errands

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:32 am

I'm up and tea and chocolate consumed. Also emptied the kitchen garbage, put away the clean dishes and made the bed.

I've been texting with L. Today is the busy, busy, day, making arrangements, then she's driving home. Tomorrow she has an appointment with a lawyer in the market village (she lives near our old village.) I can't meet her for coffee because dh has the car tomorrow. I did let her know about the church supper and that I'll be out in our village from 4 - 6:30. I suggested they come for supper or she send her dh and kids and have some time alone at home. She hasn't been alone for a long time now.

If they don't come to the supper, we'll probably drop by their place on the way home since it will still be early evening. If I do that, I'll be less likely to want to do to the funeral so that saves me 30 hours next week. On the other hand, if I'm going down, I might take CM's kids to her if she wants them. The original plan, I think, was for them all to go visit their grandparents on our March break (next week.) Because CM is now down there because her dad's in hospital, the kids won't have gone with her since they are still in school. Anyway, lots of possibilities. And all the more important for me to be productive today and tomorrow.

Working backwards:

Have to leave by 4:15 for 5 p.m. birthday dinner downtown for dsil. Things I need to hand over to dd are in my purse so I don't have to remember those.

Have to bake a carrot cake for the chili supper tomorrow night.

Have to shop for carrot cake ingredients.

Have to write and send out a residents' newsletter.

Have to write and send a letter of direction to be signed by my fellow trustee.

Have to write a thank you note.

Have to write a sermon.

Have to s2s and eat breakfast.

The writing tasks may be switched around but aside from that, my day is laid out.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 am

blessed, we don't know how the fire started, except that it had been windy for several days. So something blew in and started it. Dh's garage is full brick but the roof is a composition roof, so could have eventually caught fire. When dh smoked, he ran in and out of the house, going to the garage to smoke. He would have smelled it and found it before it got as bad as it did. Since he's not smoking, he just drinks his morning coffee while watching the news in the garage. Unless he is doing something outside during the day, the garage sits there lonely without him. :lol:

My appt is this afternoon. Usually they only do this procedure in the morning but for some reason, I have an afternoon appt.

Guess I better shower. I am picking up a few things at the store and should have everything we need until early next week.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:02 am

Morning ...

Hummm...let see. I have an appointment for my B12 shot at 11, then I’ll take my SUV to be washed and clean. Need to stop at the mall to get a new battery for my watch, and then on to get my tootsies done.

We start our traveling adventure on Tue. Tomorrow I will make our hotel reservations. Been watching the weather to make sure our northern route won’t be experiencing snow.

Yesterday I gathered every thing I am taking to the “kids”. They want to start a family during the summer and I have several pictures for their nurseary. One is a large singed print cartoon style of Noah’s ark, another is one that my BFF gave to my son 37 years ago, and the other is a picture that my son drew of a clown at age 5 that I framed. I also have 12 fairy tale plates, 8” in size, that my father gave to my son when he was born. They were made by the Franklin Mint when my father managed it.

I also have several sterling silver baby utensils which I use. Some have been in the family for 125 years or more. Also encluded is my silver drinking cup and a few cereal bowls and cups given to my son when he was born. So along with our stuff, plus Willis’ things our SUV will be packed. We have Willis’ kennel set up and secured in the back. He has plenty of room and is quit happy traveling to ride in it.

I am using my planner to keep track of things I need to do and pack. I have a list for myself that I keep on my computer and print it each time I travel. I use my guest bed and room as a staging area and follow my list to pack as I go. I also put every thing I want to take, like the pictures and box of plates in there as well. That way I know I haven’t forgotten anything when the room is empty.

I have the rest of my week planned to match according to what needs to be done. Saturday Willis and I will meet up with his new doggie friends.

Between Tue and Wed with all my buzzing around I must have worn myself out because yesterday afternoon I ended up taking a nap for an hour. That’s something that rarely occurs around here. I didn’t get my steps in either, but not gonna give myself a hard time about it.

Off to start my day...somewhere in the past three days I also clean my home. I vacuumed my tile, but didn’t mop it. Will bless my home during the weekend because I always enjoying coming home to a cleaned home. My mil who is no longer here, never traveled anywhere without cleaning both her home AND over. When I asked her why she told me it was Incase she died while gone, and others had to get in her home to take care of business. She worried that others would think she wasn’t a good home maker. :D

Off to start my day. Footprints were removed last night so now I can have my second cup of coffee and enjoy Perry while I piddy around my house. Waving to y’all ..
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:21 pm

I am glad that you found out about the fire before it did even more damage d lilac. my garage also sits lonely with out my dh... i don't think it knows what to do when dh is there :lol:
have a great appointment

hi d rose
have a good day out while you do your errands
great idea for having a packing list!
yay on your work

hi d kathryn wishing you a wonderful time out for the birthday dinner for your d sil - have a great day.

d dogs are frustrated because I haven't walked or played with them yet. they have been out but they are going spring crazy.

so far I have done 2 hours of paperwork that needed doing -
it is taking longer than it should be it needed doing.
made out my payment slips for dh to take
got medical stuff down for when insurance bills/doctors bills come in.
wrote 2 letters
and took care of other paperwork
listed spending as well from yesterday. I have to do this daily or I forget.
tomorrow reminder - check checking account to see what has cashed
and check charge card to see if I missed anything. I am back to paying it the day after I spend the money

Return to “Post When You Can”