Moving Forward Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Moving Forward Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Had a low in the night 4ish. Delt with that.

Pilot lite is out again I think coping w out heat 40* over nite low. Space heater oven & dryer are helping. I made up more pasta salad for h to have that on hand. Made brownies for h lunches too. Space heater is in my creativity room paper routine next up. Trash has been dumped s2s done, & I swiffered the floor. Journaling done. Trying not to veg. Out in front of the tv , keeping moving is my plan 2day.

Sitting on the portable bed that makes up into a chair it is very nice in the creativity room. Trying to think where to begin in this room, the desk ~ put away planners not in use lol!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm

My popcorn popper just died. It was just under a year old. Sigh... My last one lasted at least 20 years, probably closer to 25 since I got it shortly after 1990. This one worked fine yesterday, won't get hot enough to pop today.

I have the original receipt so will attempt to return for replacement. Just found the warranty information online - good for 3 years.

I haven't written a thing yet although I did work on my sermon research for 30 minutes and have a ton of notes and an outline forming in my head.

Next up: off to the store for groceries (I made up the list of items I need over breakfast.) Oh, look! It is snowing again! (We are due to get 3" by tomorrow morning on top of 2 yesterday.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:49 pm

dh took me out for lunch its a diner that doesn't have any healthy options and i only do it for him- he asked me yesterday

im exhausted and my tummy doesn't feel great so i think i have to rest my eyes a bit even though i still have part of my morning routine to do - kitchen was not taken care of by anyone - it is cluttered and there are dirty dishes in the sink - floor is dirty - i just have to know it will get done

dd younger - starting very late again - this is a worry for me - i hope she can feel that spark of hope today

hope is a good thing - it needs baby step actions to grow

so frustrating d kathyrn - i am convinced that things are engineered to break - good luck - hope you get a new one

hi d nancy

setting my clock so i don't rest all day 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi everyone!

Got up before 7 and I had the garbage and recycling ready to go out before 8, and I was dressed to shoes, so I went to knitting an hour early and sat in the lobby of the library and cleaned out my stitch bag. There were little bits of thread everywhere inside from when I had clipped something and tossed the end bit into the bag.

Came home a bit early to be with dh for lunch and he didn't come home.

The pork roast and the carrots are in the oven. I will put the onions in soon and then the potatoes go in for the last hour. I have discovered that tossing all of the veggies in oil and then giving them a sprinkle of salt makes them extremely good. I also leave the lid off.

Dishwasher has been emptied and I also have to clear the dish drainer of pot and pans and sharp knives.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Oh, Nancy, I hope your area warms up soon or you get heat again fast. Glad you have a space heater - be careful with it.

Hmmm... ... looks like I was "before my time" or before the dentist's time, in thinking of Lilac! (smile) Well, thinking of her now!

Lilac, I'm glad you and your neighbors got through a difficult moment, even when there were communication obstacles! Yes, definitely time to try to take care of each other, even down to the less important money stuff, so, good for your dh. I'm soooooooo glad that your story didn't have anyone getting hurt or any houses in the line of fire (was that a pun? awful one).

LadyM, thinking of your dh today.

I took care of toddlerC from 7:30 to 1:00. After coloring/creative and cleaning/play-cleaning, my only stab at watching what I really wanted was my beloved Captain Kangaroo, finding just a few episodes on youtube. I will say that the program I adored as a child allowed her attention to wander. Then changing to her pick of SuperWhy superreaders (or something like that), it was like night and day capturing her attention. Interesting for me, in a sort of nostalgic way, to know she (and, I'm sure, her peers) just expects something more. The vivid colors, fast movement, emotions/attitude of a wide-eyed crisis on her show really gripped her, although it was childlike.

Dd's art friend dropped by to look at some supplies she's considering buying. Again, someone to be out-talked by a tiny auctioneer story-teller, lol.

Anyway, "what a week", which is how ddil told me she felt FOR ME when she picked up C. True. Monday was recuperation. Tuesday was worst of the worst. Wednesday was more company. Today is not over yet, but I just need a nap. And it's not because of running after a toddler - it's mostly Tuesday's stress playing in a loop in my head.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:07 pm

I baked the carrot cake, the trail mix bars (our NZ friend's recipe that dh loved so much while we were hiking) and some rice krispie squares. The cake will be frosted tomorrow. The dishwasher is running and the kitchen is all cleaned up except I didn't double check for spills on the floor.

Time to head out for dinner.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I'm home from trip to dmom's/dbro's house. Dnephew and his wife met me and had gotten a key made for me. I emptied the refrigerator and freezer upstairs, threw out some of other foodstuffs upstairs, but not all. Emptied dbro's small downstairs refrigerator. There was also a downstairs chest freezer that has been covered by a blanket because the lid wouldn't stay down latched, and it's completely frozen up inside. We're going to wait until the pathway is clear to try to drag it onto the driveway to thaw, in case it leaks. Dnephew and wife were chatty and I would have rather been alone, but otoh they had done a significant amount of clean up in dbro's areas. The garbage cans there are bulging and dnephew will take them on out Monday. I also brought home trash and some photos and a print that I wanted from the house.

I need to regroup - we are supposed to be leaving the house for the evening in 1.25 hrs.

-walk the dog
-empty and clean out my car
-s2s? perhaps but not sure I have time.

It's 40 degrees and windy. Cold after that warm weather we had.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Laundry is folded. Got some notes gleaned out of a journal.
We have a windy 62* outside. It is 70* inside I am ok with blanket and dog heater lol! Took bs at lunch time it was in ack land. I wept definately hormones took ddog for a windy walk that helped. 72j in next weeks forecast and warmer temps this weekend.

My neck is sore but better.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:11 pm

My implants are planted. :roll: :lol: :D I ate lunch after taking my bs. I took what I thought was a conservative dose of insulin, so there wouldn't be a problem of lows. I took my bs right before I left the house. In the short time between then and when they took me to the room and asked me to take my bs, it had dropped 50 points. I went into a panic and my blood pressure proved that, at 172/90. She offered me a Pepsi which I gladly accepted. She poured a half can in a styrofoam cup. After I drank that I was assured that I would not bottom out. Everything went great after that. Although I am claustrophobic to the max and they put a hand towel around my head, over my eyes and taped it. Then they put this big block to hold my mouth open and a bunch of gauze around my tongue. Those are the things that I hate, not the drilling, etc. It took about 30 minutes. This time I was numb less than 4 hours, opposed to 7 the last time. I go back in 3 weeks. I thought I would have rounded spikes in my mouth, but my he stitched the skin over the implant site, which is below gum level. He is the expert so I am sure he knows what he is doing. I had a RX for 4 antibiotic pills to take 2 hours before the surgery, which I took. Then he gave me a RX for a weeks worth of those same pills. Also, a RX for hydrocodone. I didn't take it last time at all but I might need it this time around. Dh dropped me off at home and then took the RXs in and then picked them up an hour later.

Guess I will eat, but wanted to report that implants really aren't bad if they are your last choice before dentures.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:35 pm

d twins it's so hard - working on the house is such a hard thing to do - I understand the want to be alone - you are grieving and going through the house is so so very hard! ((()))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”