Friday - Finish or Forward?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday - Finish or Forward?

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:04 pm

hi d rose
I was thinking exactly the same thing d rose about sweet dd of twins - really cool

hi d lucy so interesting about your heat - our furnace and our water heater are in the basement. good as goldso sweet. I know they had a wonderful visit!!! Hope you have fun at the movies! You earned the right to do absolutely nothin'!

hi d Elizabeth - have fun with your d friend!

hi d twins! so lovely to hear about your sweet dd and helping others. So lovely to hear about your dd!

hi d Nancy. we do once a year (or as needed) as we get lady bugs there of all places! I don't have anything but a few things in there. have a great evening to you as well.

much love to all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:14 pm

my kitchen clean up routine is done.
watched 3 billboards
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm on 'hold' on a live chat window waiting for support. I'm trying to get a user id and password from the cable company. Dh spent 20 minutes on hold for Telephone support and opted for a call back which took another 20 minutes but he got me authorized to work with this account (it is our senior friend's account) and found out the next step has to be done through live chat.

We're home from the church supper. That took longer than it should have because I left my computer at the church so there was an additional 30 minutes as we turned the car back once I remembered.

The supper was a success, we served 63 people (I know that isn't very many but we are congregation of 15 active members and 50 is all the church basement will hold at a time so it was very busy.) I have put the remaining cake in the freezer to be enjoyed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Dh had a nice dinner with our senior friend.

I'm very tired and debating bed as soon as I get this live chat thing done. It isn't as if I'm missing the curling match happening now, there are four being played at once but only one is covered for people not at the rink. There are cameras on the other three matches (so they can show a few highlights of each game) but they don't actually stream the non-featured games. Apparently they don't think it is cost efficient.

I'm just shaking my head at this. There's no live streaming of all the games, no live tweeting, the website with the scores is very slow to reload and just plain buggy on a mobile device, and there are no forums or places to chat about the game with other fans as it is happening. One can only watch the games with a premium cable package and you can live stream but only if you've paid for the premium cable package.

If this sport wants to survive as the old folks die off they've got to come up with a strategy that includes those who have 'cut the cord' (i.e. the majority of young people.) This generation coming up doesn't pay attention to anything that isn't available on their phones. As it stands now, it isn't sustainable. I'm doing my best to get excited and learn about the game and, more importantly, watch a game. But I've been on 'hold' now for over 30 minutes, not including the time dh put into it. Most people wouldn't bother and just say, "I've lived without learning about curling for X decades, I can continue to live that way." If dh's niece wasn't marrying a leading curler in our country, I would give up.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Ninety minutes but I'm hooked up now. The 'feature game' ended and now they are covering the extra end since Team Ontario tied up the game with the last rock (and dniece's fiance was the reason they did because of his sweeping work.)

It will be a late night since there's at least another 20 minutes in the game.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:21 am

Friday
caught up dishes and washing.
Saturday
tai chi with a new friend.
bus to shop
- changed electricity providers on the way down the street..
health food store. buckwheat, and tryptophan to try.
discount store - had sold out of the door mats.
library
grocery - my type of food on special. Plus- needed quinoa flakes and milled flaxseed seems to make a difference.
bus home
Hung out todays suddernly needed washing.
lunch was in two instalments, before and after shopping.

For those with pel vic floor injury, lifting weights is not desirable. (that was just one of the warnings.)
I read of this last week, and today was my proof for me. Handbag needs alightening.
I needing to unpack shopping cart.
Then its to bed with a book.

Also read in a book - if you / elderly have trouble choking when swallowing sometimes, tip head down, as we can have an extra kink in our necks(my words not his), and its like swallowing up hill if we are looking forward. - notes from a geriatric doc. I can choke on spit, so I will see if I can learn to do that.
Pdoc lent me a medical book on aging, and treatment for 'living as well as you can.', rather than thinking there are cures for any particular thing.
Feet are super important - a note for Lucylee.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”