Friday - Finish or Forward?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Friday - Finish or Forward?

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Taking a break abd zipping through ... geesh, it’s nearly 2:00.

Been at it all day though my list got moved around. I needed to put a down comforter away so got out a space saving bag and my vacuum. After I was done I figured since the vacuum was out I might as well
Vacuum the house. Willis’ stuff is all wash and put away and I managed to do a few other things.

I had the car cleaned yesterday and I didn’t realize what a lousy job they had done so.... I ended up spending two hours detailing the inside including cleaning the leather seats. Needless to say the car looks great. The weather was perfect to work outside so it was a win/win for me.

I can’t find the bag I want to use for Willis. I have another one I can use, but will confine to hunt for the other during the next few days.

I have been laughing at myself as my home continues to stay neat and organized. Remember I was working on it a few months ago and am amazed then I open a closet or draw and everything is still where I put it. Just goes to show the time I took to find the right home for everything was time well spent... even my desk and drawers still look the same as when I reorganized them a while back. I made sure everything made it back to its proper home before I took my break.

I love it when a plan works!!!

Back on it before I loose my steam... waving at y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:07 pm

I did take a nap. I'm going to shape the challah to rise now, and then s2s.

Baby steps.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:56 pm

cheering on your baby steps d twins. glad you took a nap.

hi d rose sorry they didn't do a good job on your car!

I have been laughing at myself as my home continues to stay neat and organized. Remember I was working on it a few months ago and am amazed then I open a closet or draw and everything is still where I put it. Just goes to show the time I took to find the right home for everything was time well spent... even my desk and drawers still look the same as when I reorganized them a while back. I made sure everything made it back to its proper home before I took my break.
how awesome d rose!

forcing myself to stay awake
I am so tired.

next go out to car and do a bit - then my BWP will be done
need to throw the cloths in the dryer
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Dd19 wants me to teach her how to make buttermilk biscuits from scratch. :| So, I didn't need to actually get anything done, did I? What is that quote about babies?

So quiet down cobwebs
Dust, go to sleep
I'm teaching my teenager
and teenagers don't keep.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:00 pm

So quiet down cobwebs
Dust, go to sleep
I'm teaching my teenager
and teenagers don't keep.

special d harriet. have fun with your dd!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Informal poll, how often do U clean the furnace room. One time a year, seasonally only just before the repair mans comes. Lol! Mine is in the laundry sewing storage room I do it seasonally glad bc I only had to move a few bags. As rose said "I love it when a plan works!"

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Harriet, I think I feel the same way when dd wants to do family history things. Or that she wants to go with me to KNoxville to visit the elderly cousin that I want to spit in a tube. She has grown in this job at the temple too - this morning was delivering a mishloah manot - a purim goodie bag that Jews deliver to friends and the poor at Purim - she was taking this to an elderly couple and they were lonely and she visited with them. She had the Hebrew school kids put these together last week for shut-in congregants, and she had the rabbi had delivered some but not all. She said this couple is technically not shut ins, but someone had indicated they would appreciate a visit.

Challah is baking, I sat in the back yard some with dMuffin while it rose. I need to empty dishwasher and pull kitchen back together.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Clean the furnace room? We're supposed to clean the furnace room? Guess that means NEVER in my house!

Posted another report and have 10 minutes until I leave. Not enough to do the next piece of work, which will require many days and much effort. So I came here. I now have dinner plans with a friend. That's about it.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Finally, something I don’t have to worry about falling behind on! No furnace room here in the Heart of Dixie. We have outdoor heat pumps — split units that use electric power for AC and natural gas for heat. (But heat uses electricity for the fan that blows it in, so if the power is off, we’re still cold.)

Ddil just picked up the dgrands... Dgd had been here almost 10.5 hours... dgs 3. They were just as good as gold, and dgd took a very long nap... but still — I am exhausted!
Dgd and I visited dmom, and went to the grocery store for a few things for her.
I’ve cooked supper and cleaned up the kitchen, and put away toys.

Dh wants to go to a movie later. I’m going to do a lot of NOTHING until then.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Well dinner is done and so am I.

List was taking a while to do so I asked Sweetie to make the reservations for our trip. Good move on my part and now it is crossed of my list.

Enjoying tea and chocolate and then I need to finish what I started in my (guest) bathroom. It looks
Like an explosion went off in there. Willis still stinks...not really bad so I guess he’s gonna get a Saturday bath after he plays with his doggie friends tomorrow.

Twins... looks like your daughter is making her way in the world. Good for her, good for you :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”