Saturday Celebrations

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Saturday Celebrations

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:43 am

Hi everyone!!

Happy belated birthday Lilac!!

Happy birthday Lord Maverick!!

I stayed completely off the computer yesterday and as a result, I almost finished my Geraniums counted cross stitch on linen. I started it when my 31 year old dd was in grade 10! Because x would freak out and actually start yelling about how I was making the entire apartment a mess whenever I brought out my stitching, I put it away and just never finished all the back stitching back then. At some point today the back stitching will be finished. Then I have to wash a part of the linen where there is no stitching, but there is a stain of some sort. Besides having the barn on the floor stand, now I have to decide what one of numerous projects can be the one I will finish next. Dh sat in the library with me on Thursday night and asked me why I don't just finish some of them, so that is what I am going to concentrate on. I enjoyed yesterday so much. Music playing loud and cat sitting either on me or beside me purring very loudly as I sat and stitched.

Today the house is cleaning as I stitch. We pay almost half to do things with electricity required on Saturdays and Sundays, so today I have run the washer once already, that load is now in the dryer and there is a dishwasher that is completely full doing it's thing.

I am going stitching this afternoon and dh will be making spaghetti and meat sauce.

Right now dh is at a friend's place helping him replace the liner in his cistern.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 am

I have notebooks everywhere, Harriet. :?

Dd just texted me a picture of her & a very close friend Fromm church (up north church). She's also our Moderator there. Keep having trouble with freezing on here. Grrr. Dd gave me a keyboard to use with the iPad but can't figure out how to use it. Have several???? For her when she has time.

Thinking of you dLadyM. Remember dShelley's service we had to add chairs in our fellowship hall & people were walking from almost a mile away in all directions from our 4 corners. When DS-A had asked our fire department to be there to direct traffic I thought he was nuts. Boy was I wrong. Hooper things all fall in place for you. Sending hugs &a prayers.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:08 am

a quick wave:

Good morning d dee

good morning d cathy

good morning d kathryn

good morning d sadie

Good morning d lilac

Good morning d lady

and Good morning d everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:24 pm

s2s done
animal feeding/watering done
emails cleared
paperwork done - spending listed and payment given to dh

did not yet finish morning routine as dh is going to put his dishes away - i do it every day so I figure Saturday he would love to do it 8-) He doesn't mind
what's left: clean sink, swipe counters, take breakfast dishes of others that need to be put in the dishwasher -

I want to run a couple errands
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:54 pm

I picked up my notebooks. Have sheets in the washer. Eggs are cooked and cooling now. Breakfast is done. Ddog is laying in the sun in the liv room. I slept well so glad to have heat! 35* outside here this morning.

Celebratory greetings to all who need them!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Harriet: we've been sitting there chatting in quiet voices, no-one moving and the man has gone off on us. Getting in and out of bed (onto an area rug) is too much noise for him. Once he went off before we entered the apartment. Knocking on the door was too much.

They added rugs in the hall way but they have only $500 a month for electricity, food, medicine, internet, phones, so spending any of it on carpeting when adding mats hasn't made a difference at all is not realistic especially since they no longer feel safe in their home (he also comes and bangs on their door shouting AH (body cavity for waste) at them. He is unemployed on disability (probably mental) so never leaves the apartment. The only time they relax is when he's blasting his music since he can't hear them chat at that point. They've given up caring about noise from him since it means a short break.

It is truly awful. There have been times they have said they want to go back to Syria because there they knew how to deal with someone like this.

The previous tenant was there a month before leaving. Since they let her out of her lease, I don't know why they won't let W & R out of theirs. The new family has been told by W to take a basement apartment to avoid this issue. That will be cold and dark but to W it is better than living with a neighbour like this. I still don't understand why the new family is in an apartment, I never expected them to be in anything but a garden home. Instead it is 700 square feet, 3 bedrooms and a tiny kitchen, small living/dining area. Below ground.

I got dressed and we did the music practice. We'll have to do more because there's a lot of music to sing and we have 3 services. I just hope my voice lasts (I can feel the head congestion getting worse.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:23 pm

I forgot to mention last night that dd posted a video of dgs saying more words. In this case "en bas" which means below in English. Great, now he signs, speaks some English words and some French words. He had ca for carnard (duck) for a while but I read to him in English plus Daddy does bathtime sometimes so that switched to duck. This will make trying to understand him more difficult since I need to think what it sounds like in 2 languages.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Grey day here. We are supposed to have rain this afternoon and evening. Good because we are all in drought and everybody worried about fire.

Happy Birthday Lilac, sorry we missed your day. I was sure thinking about you though, with your implant and your fence fire. We are not allowed to burn and we are raking leaves we have nowhere to put.

And Happy Birthday to LadyM's DH. I was wondering if you could get some people with gulf carts or similar to transport some of the people having to park too far to walk? We tried that at our church once, but it was a flop because our parking lots aren't really all that far and everybody wanted to walk!

Celebrations! Between yesterday and today I have sent out 1 birthday card, 1 letter, and 4 Easter Cards. And a $5 bill in DGSs.

Kathryn, that sounds absolutely awful about the apartment. I wonder if they are trying to wait out that guy until his lease is up? Do you know how much longer he has to be there? I like the privacy and lack of rules with a house. But not everybody can do that. Wow. I hope they can get this resolved.

Been doing some extra things in the kitchen, and laundry put-away. Stuff I've been neglecting. Looking better in here now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:08 pm

The time change tomorrow is going to be a killer. I slept in until past 10 a.m. this morning. OTOH, I was up during the night - started with a cough and dh's CPAP mask was "whistling" and I had already had a tussle with him over not having any covers fomyself. I had a little water with honey for the cough, the put in earplugs for the whistling (I could hear it all the way in the kitchen.)

So then I slept super late.

I think dh and I are going to a movie later. r
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Home from a trip to town. I attended a workshop on Container Gardening and Raised Bed Gardening. It was being taught by an inexperienced person that was basically reading powerpoint slides. This class was a big disappointment. After attending Master Gardening classes that are taught by experienced experts my expectations were to attend a similar class. Thankfully this class was free and fit into a timeslot that had me going to town to get items on the list, so it didn't waste much of my time. I also went to Farmers Market, WM and Sam's. Stopped at Subway on the way home to pick up items for lunch.

This morning I walked around our house and counted places available to sit. I counted 53 in the two main rooms inside and 14 outside. I have no way to know how many people will show up tomorrow for DH birthday celebration. I do have some folding chairs available (about a dozen) plus some benches I can pull out fairly easy. I think places to sit are covered. I talked to DD this morning and offered to help with the food but she said she has it covered. I got an extra couple of cases of drinks today just in case they are needed. I have decided to put up a barrier in the hallway of our house that leads to the bedrooms. I am uncomfortable with the thought of kids or strangers roaming freely and especially spending time in our bedrooms.

Next up -
** 2pm meet rental company at church so they can deliver the extra chairs
** 3pm OA small group phone meeting
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”