Saturday Celebrations

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Saturday Celebrations

Postby Sunny » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Hello to everyone! It is a dreary, overcast day here in FL. We were supposed to have rain today, but it might pass south of us.

Happy Birthday Lilac!

Happy Birthday Lord M!

I have finished most of my daily routines, finished weekly chores and finished lunch. I am now sipping a cup of hot tea and nibbling my allotment of fig newtons. :) I am going to relax a while and watch the Lightning vs Canadiens game. I have laundry in both the washer and dryer, so will have two loads of clothes to fold and put away when they are finished.

Lady M, I feel the same way as you with people (other than dfamily) roaming through my house. Every time dh has home health care, the nurses and their supervisors want to see all the rooms dh is using. He even had to show how he gets in and out of the shower. :( Good luck with your dh's celebration tomorrow; it will be a wonderful day!

Thinking of all here today... (((Twins))); (((Lady M))); (((Blessed & dd))); and Others. I guess everyone here has something ongoing in their lives now. I wish everyone the best day they could have.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Those birthdays sure come around fast anymore. When I seen the oral surgeon on Valentines Day and got the go ahead to schedule the appt., my birthday was the first opening, so I took it.

Yesterday dgd6 went to play with her classmate that lives two doors down, after her mom came. This little girl and her 2 brothers go to the same school as the little girls that is 30 miles away. Even though there is a school right across the street from us. After they were done playing, dd2 was taking her 2 dds and the little friend out to eat. She asked what we were having and when I answered beans for me, she insisted that I wasn't eating beans on my birthday and was going with them. Dd2, dd1, dgs23, dgd8 and I had walked. I had on black leggings, a shirt and a sun visor because I hadn't put on makeup or done anything to my hair. I told her I couldn't go out to eat like that and she said we would go to the west P izza H ut that is less busy. So I agreed. Then dgd8 told me to take off the visor and dd2 told me to leave it on, so I looked like I had just done some kind of workout. Anyway she asked dh if he wanted to go and he didn't so she said we would bring him back something. I enjoyed being with her and the girls. Dh had bought me a D airy Q ueen cake to surprise me and I was too full to have any. So he ate the last piece of his birthday cake and we will have ice cream cake tonight.

Happy Birthday Lord Maverick!

(((LadyM and LordM))) You have both been on my mind this week since the loss of your dfriend.

This morning dd1 and I walked. Afterwards I spent an hour or so in the front yard picking up twigs, small limbs and pods from the locust trees that have blown across the street from the school grounds. While dragging the large trash can to the alley, through the backyard I found a part to some kind of fireworks rocket. I showed dh and we both agree that is probably what caught the fence on fire. No telling how far it was fired from, since it was really windy that day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Posting on phone bc of baseball on computer —
But wanted to send belated happy birthday wishes to you, Lilac, and your dh, and happy birthday to LordM.
Also (((Hugs))) for LadyM and all preparing for Hank’s service...
and (((Hugs))) for Kathryn’s friends with ridiculous neighbor. That is just horrible. I hope they can get out of the lease soon.

I am taking a lazy day bc this is the first day in at least the last 8 that I have not been forced to s2s first thing and do something on someone else’s time frame.
I will s2s soon though and go get dgs to spend the night. He got his haircut today — which was LONG overdue— but ddil said the girl had it pretty short and spiked it up. Dgs likes it but dh says he hopes he’s not going to wear it like that all the time. Dh really needs to learn to “don’t sweat the small stuff.”

Waving to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Hello d lucy I am so happy you are having a lazy daisy well deserved day
lol your dh sounds like my dh - don't sweat the small stuff is not my dh's motto
waving at you too

hi d lilac how nice that you all had a nice walk! great work out of doors. terrible that is how your fence caught on fire!

hi d sunny hello to you too! bwtg on your work

hi d lady sorry the class was so bad! Good for you blocking where you don't want people to go... completely appropriate

hi d twins - yes I agree the time change will be hard!
hope you enjoy the movie if you go

hope you get a nice drizzling of rain or a soaking rain d harmony - what ever you think is best! Bwtg on your work as well!

hi d kathryn so sweet! do you speak french in your home or your dd. ((so sorry they have such a hateful neighbour)

hi d nancy yay on the sheets, eggs, notebooks and more

hello d everyone - I can only see so far when i scroll

I have gone a couple times to Cal ico corners - I was all set to order furniture but was told they no longer carry my colour - white - everything is beige but my front room is white, blue toile wallpaper - bottom part under chair rail), Monet art, blue on white toile curtains. before white patterned furniture that needs major replacing after 20 years, fireplace is white as well. I thought it would be cheaper if I stayed the same but nope. I will go on monday to see what they have at other place - and see how much it would cost to recover the furniture at the local reupholster shop. Maybe try to see how much new furniture would be and if they have what I need. the white she recommended - oo la la!!!! $$$$
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:02 pm

I had a good morning, h went to a sporting type of show I was able to enjoy my morning. He got take out for our lunch. I just got back from walking the ddog. Sunny and 62* out no wind yea! I sewed a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:19 pm

While waiting for the rental place to deliver the chairs, DMom called and said she had fallen. We quickly made arraignments for someone else to receive the chairs and went to DMom's home. She busted her lip, and the right side of her face is skinned and swollen. She also skinned up her right knee. She had an ice pack on her face and insisted that she was okay. I took a picture of DMom's face and sent it by text message to DBro and DSis to let them know what happened. I tried to talk DMom into letting me get her a Vanilla Shake so it would make the inside of her face cold to help reduce the swelling, but she wouldn't consider it. I sat and visited with DMom awhile to make sure she was okay. I'm going to text her lifelong neighbors and let them know what happened because they are excellent in dropping by to check on her off/on throughout the day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:13 pm

I'm S2slippers and scrunchie. Have re-set all the clocks in the house and my watch.

Although she went back and forth about it, I think dd is going to take that ride back to campus tonight after the play. She took her things with her in a backpack, up to a point, and thinks she can manage.

We wondered whether it would be better for her to be away from church tomorrow or be there. She is a calming influence, but the fan is already hit. If anyone would speak more freely if she weren't there (even her mother) that might be a good thing.

I ordered stamps. They're already out of the "pollinators" stamps, the most recent new ones I ordered, which I guess is because of the postage increase to 50c, with people trying to save that one cent by buying lots of sensible-looking flowers, lol. And the Mr. Rogers stamp doesn't come out until the 23rd.

So I ordered Nebraska, Dorothy Height and sports balls. I thought about giving the sports balls sheet to the lady who sends so many cards at church and often lets me and others sign, too. Not that she would want to use them for that purpose necessarily, but they'd replace any stamps for her in a fun way (circles).

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Too bad about your DMom, LadyM. Good she didn't break a bone.

My church friend called me tonight and reminded me about the clock change. I hadn't even thought of it (hadn't read Twin's post yet) till she said something about it. We lose an hour's sleep. FL has passed the law no more clock changes and it's on our Governor's desk, and if it's signed then our state congress has to enact it. So we still aren't sure, but looks like our state might be getting rid of the time changes.

We did have a light but steady rain for a good while. That's a good thing to alleviate the threat of wildfires because of our drought conditions. We go through this almost every year.

Ok, need to leave a note for DH about the clock; he was already asleep when I found out... I hate losing that hour.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Harmony: The annoying guy doesn't have to leave and would have to be evicted which is a long process most likely 4 - 8 months. All he has to do is promise to be good and then the landlord has to restart the process over and over. By that time, W's lease will be up. So by doing nothing, the landlord saves the cost of trying for an eviction.

In the meantime, life is awful. He was quieter today but went off when I walked from the kitchen and sat down. I was as quiet as I could be and dh couldn't believe the guy went on and on for about 10 minutes. He doesn't hit the ceiling anymore, he's been told to stop that so he hits the wall instead which is less bothersome in my opinion (before it was disconcerting to feel the vibrations in your feet so strongly, now they are barely felt.)

We ate and ate at lunch, so much so that I skipped dinner at the pub so we went for a walk and then I had some soup and crackers. Dh had a pot pie and french fries. Lunch was wonderful, though. Two main dishes plus bubba ganoosh and tabouleh. And we had a lovely visit.

The curling tonight is going very badly for us. No problem, there's a chance to recover by winning two games tomorrow and if that's the case, the weaker opponent for them one this afternoon, improving their chances of getting to the gold medal game.

I've added another errand to tomorrow, this one for dd. I just have to not forget after a very long day. Dd is disappointed we won't come for a visit. Dgs has been talking about dh and I.

Dh has moved the clocks forward but Harriet just reminded me about my watch so I'll do that.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:26 pm

I think you were wise to take the photo, LadyM, so you all can understand the injuries. I hope she feels better tomorrow (though she may look lots worse tomorrow, of course... ..bruises can blossom).

It does sound like some tragic mental issue, Kathryn. Falls under the heading of harassment, I would think. I wish your friends could get social services type help or help from this man's family members (children?), who might take some responsibility.
I hope your services are meaningful tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”