Saturday Celebrations

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Saturday Celebrations

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 am

There are seasons of life that come and go.
However, IMHO there is always something to celebrate.

It could be something small like achieving a shiny sink.
Or something big like celebrating a DSHE friend birthday

Happy Birthday, Lilac!!! (belated)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Celebrations

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:17 am

Today is my DH birthday. So I am celebrating that too.

We are deep in details for planning Hank's Celebration of Life service on Monday. Plan/prep breakfast (donuts, finger foods, coffee) to serve to everyone since the service will exceed 3 hours (including drive time), providing lunch for 100+ family members, ordering an extra 150 chairs to be used at church for the service, ordering a tribute monument, flowers, Etc etc. etc. We expect this will be well attended and are trying our best to prep for it. Somethings we can't help - parking will most likely be a problem. If your not one of the first 200 vehicles then you will problem have to park in a ditch and walk a half mile....or more. Some things are totally out of our control like the weather (will be mid 30's with sunshine).

I have been in a mental fog the last several days. Just taking care of things that must happen and ignoring everything else. This morning I think my mental fog is starting to lift.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:27 am

I tried to wish Lilac a Happy Birthday yesterday, but my iPad froze in the middle. Hard for me to catch up on this.

Dad and I went up to the north side last night to take my computer & drop it off at B est buy. Didn't happen. Need appointment. So now have one at 12:40 tomorrow. Should be out of church before 12 & it's just down the road from there.

Dd and dsonil have gone to buy him jeans & go to breakfast. I just stayed home.

Talked to dh last night. He went to dgs5's open house & ice cream social Thursday night. He's trying to find a ride to funeral today. Ds-A has to ready the venue for tonight's fire department banquet & dgs is now running 102 fever. Hoping dh doesn't come back sick.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lord Maverick!

Hard for me to type on this so you all have a good day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 am

Happy belated birthday d LILAC

Happy birthday d Mr. M as well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:50 am

thank you for starting our day Celebrating! D Lady - how nice to remember to celebrate even the smallest things - a great way to start the day!
d lady you had a lot on your plate besides everyday events - glad you are feeling that your mental clarity is showing through the fog. Well done on helping get ready for honouring and celebrating your d friend life here on earth. (it will touch so many)

hi d dee sorry you couldn't just drop it off. good luck with your computer d dee. ((((your dgs))) feel better.

I am thinking of everyone! wishing you a day of peace and that your spirit be light.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:53 am

Today is supposed to be family fun day - so we might play a game and put a fire on

dd younger wants to stay home and do something fun for herself - painting and reading and relax. She said she put the day aside for herself.
dd older is exhausted from a stressful week at work - nothing she can't handle but lots of trying to get people on board to do what they should be doing.
dh got a great blood test results! thrilled.

Joined the $5 a month patreon with K at - i needed something extra- right now. It's been good for me.

pulled routines:
morning
laundry
fitness
animals
dinner
paperwork
dinner clean up afterwards
evening

4 layer cake:
1. routines
2. BWP family day
3. zones - no zones on Saturday
4. play

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:25 am

That's pretty blessed - very lilac. :D

Lilac, did you have your dental work done, or at least some of the recovery, on your bday? :) Brave! Well, we were thinking about you - just not in the way of bday cake! Happy Birthday.

We've been disappointed that dd19's spring break has afforded us little time with her. She goes to a local play she attends annually this evening and is even considering catching a ride back to school from that tonight. We did have a meal with her last evening ( her buttermilk biscuits were super good, sparking lots of happy conversation about old-time churning and other memories ) but then she was off to babysit for ds.

Dee, I don't like this difficulty you are having communicating! You may have some great wisdom to impart at any moment. If so, make notes!

Kathryn, if it works, use it! Ds would sit cross-legged in the middle of his double bed surrounded by books in order to compose his papers. Now, of course, he's expected to look sensible at a desk - I wonder if he really comes home and sprawls out to do the tough writing.

LadyM, you and dh are in our thoughts at this difficult time.

I'm getting dailies out of the way. Listened to the online recording of an unusual Psalm tune for tomorrow.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:28 am

Today is lunch at W & R's. They talked about having us for a meal long before they arrived here so it is a special day but we'll have to be very quiet. Their downstairs neighbour is on the rampage these days over the tiniest of sound from their apartment and as a result they are terrified. The landlord refuses to do anything so they have filed an application to be released from their lease (the landlord won't do that either.)

We honestly don't know what to say. We've been yelled at by the landlord for trying to intervene so it isn't a good situation and we are leaving it to those who picked this apartment in order to deal with it. I do remember the neighbour banging on the ceiling while I vacuumed when we moved in the furniture. So normal living is impossible for them. They don't step but shuffle when they move from room to room because footsteps will are a trigger. I'll bring my slippers or super slippery socks.

I still have a ton of writing to do. Can't get into that and am now not sleeping well.

We have singing to practice today as well. I have tried to get dh to do this with me but to no avail.

Tonight is a short night for sleep so early bed if we can. Unfortunately, we'll want to stay up for the curling match (it is an important one, if they win, they go straight to the gold-medal round, otherwise they have to play in the semi-final for a chance to play in the gold-meal round.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:34 am

Good morning dear ladies,

Rain in the forecast here.

Happy Belated Birthday Lilac!

Happy Birthday Mr. M!

Workday here for me. Have gotten Dbrother up and he’s watching a couple of western shows on his tv.

Dgrandson is babbling so time to get him up. My time of solitude has ended for today.

Waving to all!

Time to start the adventures!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:37 am

Kathryn - thick carpeting or rugs PLUS a conversation about vacuuming, which sounds (pun) as if it could be the crux of a good argument to the landlord (for somebody to make). If someone is stopped from normal cleaning of their rented space, then no landlord's requirements can be satisfied. Could they request the landlord come and vacuum and show them how to avoid conflict? ;)

Hi to Sadie's household.

Return to “Post When You Can”