Daylight Savings Time Sunday (for most of us)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Daylight Savings Time Sunday (for most of us)

Postby Lynlee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Sunday - no dramas @ my church.
We would say 'The sh!# hit the fan.' in certain messy situations.
movie - Darkest Hour - helped me with the time line of happenings over there in May 1940.
{And my mother coming to this country. (that's a whole other story.).
And the problems in this section of the world.
A big ty to US in both those engagements. The world order would have been very different otherwise.}
Walked home. Horizontal shower to sunshine along the way.
read a book and nap. Stayed up way too late finishing the book.
Today.
yoga class. lack of sleep confusion had me there 1hr early.
30 min meditation on that deck where I sat w the 2 visiting K-I-C once upon a time. Green rules after all the rain.
home.
There are oscar movies showing but I think a sleep is what I need today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Life is full and blessed.

Today's doings -
** DH and I taught 17 children this morning (3-5 years old). We were busy but it went smoothly. I've learned this age group does well when you switch their activities every 5-10 minutes. As long as I have everything set up and ready before the class begins we move smoothly from one activity to the next. We do songs, then Bible Story and memory verse, then snacks/drinks, then coloring a picture related to Bible story, then I pass out play dough containers and the children make something related to Bible Story, then they play with legos while repeating memory verse.
** We did our regular activities at church plus a couple extra that Hank always took care of.
** Family gathered at our home for DH Birthday celebration. DD took care off all the details and was very organized. I was soooo very proud of her to tackle this and to handle it so well. It really meant a lot to DH for her to put so much effort into it.
** Viewing for Hank was this evening.
** I did my OA homework. I've been letting it slide the past couple of days and the thought of getting out of this newly forming habit scares me.

Tomorrow -
** Out of the house by 7:30am with my contribution to the family luncheon.
** 8:00 Pick up 6 dozen donuts and deliver them (breakfast for the family/friends)
** 9:00 Hank's service at Veterans Cemetery with full military honors then we travel to church
** 10:30 Hank's Celebration of Life
** Noon - serve lunch to Hanks' family (expecting 75-100 of them)
** 6pm - attend DGD6 play at school.

DMom is doing okay today. She is stiff and very sore but that is to be expected. I take DMom to the eye doctor on Tuesday which will be interesting depending on how the bruising of her face is then.

It is past my bedtime. Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 am

I walked away the pounds 17 minutes (trying to increase by a minute each day/session.)

Watching tv on the dvr. Dh finished what he was doing.

Talked to ddil — May not be needed till afternoon to give ds a rest tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:57 am

Harmony, I was telling dh about the time change bill in your state and he said that he wishes we could just stay on DST permanently.

Dd2 had to drive to a college town today. She headed there about 6 and got there at 8. She was going to pick up food and head to her hotel. She has a test that she has to take tomorrow, since she is teaching English/Reading instead of business classes that she did at the HS level. She really doesn't want to teach anymore but wanted to take the test regardless. Her dh will bring the 2 little girls in at some point tomorrow and she will come to town when she gets back. He was taking the girls out to G olden C orral tonight.

I didn't accomplish much today, except I did cut dhs hair. My face started bruising but I will take that over pain, any day. Plus I can cover up the bruising with makeup.

LadyM, I was so happy to hear that your dd had a successful birthday celebration for your dh.

Harriet, I think the saying "You can't make this stuff up" applies to what is going on at your church.

Return to “Post When You Can”