Daylight Savings Time Sunday (for most of us)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Daylight Savings Time Sunday (for most of us)

Postby Lilac » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:01 am

Decided to open the village, since I am up and dealing with acid reflux. I started out in bed and realized that I had a problem, so moved to the sofa. Still didn't help, so I have T ums in my mouth and hope that helps.

Friday was too windy for dh to start digging and setting fenceposts, so he fixed 4 drawers for me. 2 on the desk in the kitchen had loose fronts, so he glued and nailed them. Then the silverware drawer had come off track. I had done a hack on it about a year ago. I put a cork in the front of the railing and secured it with a zip tie. Worked great until it worked it's way loose. The little roller that runs on the railing is about worn out. Dh tried to find a replacement and since the cabinets were put in, in 1981 they are obsolete. So we decided to remove that part from the bottom drawer that doesn't get opened much and exchanged them. Another drawer also needed glued and nailed. I told him that the time he spent doing that made a great birthday gift and I was serious.

Lilac

Re: Daylight Savings Time Sunday (for most of us)

Postby Lilac » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 am

I finally came up with a solution to redoing our kitchen and not spending a fortune. Instead of dh having to paint all the doors and drawers plus the surrounding areas, I suggested that we buy all new doors. Then he will only have to paint the drawer fronts, the 3 corner pieces that rotate and for the life of me, I can't think what they are called and the surrounding areas. Finally thought of the word I was looking for, lazy susans. That will probably be several thousand dollars but beats a $50,000 kitchen remodel. Plus, dh can do this and we don't have to try and find someone to do a remodel. Dh thought it was a good idea and said that he will do that next winter. Works for me.

Then I mentioned having the B athfitters come and give us an estimate to cover the basement bathtub. Dh looked them up and it can cost up to $7000. so he said he will replace the tub and surround, plus the toilet and put a new vanity top. For a whole lot less than $7000. That bathroom needs painted. Dd2 had painted it almost a mustard color. We will leave the flooring as is. It is a vinyl flooring that a stone and rock pattern. Dh's parents put the same vinyl flooring in their kitchen. When dd2 moved in this house, she said she would never change it. Dh and I feel the same way. For sentimental reasons and also because it is in excellent shape.

We will need to replace the vinyl tile in the kitchen and eating area before we start on the cabinet project. These floors are called D ura Ceramic and they are nothing but vinyl. Dd2s family was hard on them, while they lived here. We like the countertops and back splash that they had put in, so we won't change that.

This afternoon I will be cutting dhs hair. We have found that 2 weeks between cuts works best. I am getting quite good at it actually.

Kathryn, I just can't believe what your friends have to deal with. That neighbor sounds like he enjoys terrorizing them.

LadyM, so glad that your dm didn't break anything. Hopefully she won't be too bruised and swollen.

Harriet, I am sorry that your dds spring break passed so quickly. She just sounds like an absolute joy.

Yikes, it is now 2:30, so better try to sleep.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:51 am

Oooohhhh it’s tough to get up with this time change! Dh will be grumbling for days...

(((Big Hugs))) for your dmom, LadyM!

Well...up and at ‘em...
Tomorrow is another day.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:29 am

good morning dear ladies

had a rough night of sleeping, I thought I would oversleep because of time change so I kept waking up and checking the time.

Another work day for me. DH learned yesterday that one of very good friends has terminal liver cancer stage 4 and has a few months to live. Our kids always called him uncle and DH will be calling each of them today and giving them the news.

got to get some motivation going, wake my sleepy people and get the day started.

Off to the adventures!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:33 pm

K in C re your neigjbors if it were me I would call the cops!

Got up at 7:50, h set one clock I did the other. Tweaking my med rouine. Fed hens & dog. Had coffee.

Lovely day here mostly sunny. H is up now I need to think about breakfast.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Yes, time change Sunday is today. I'll probably be confused all day. I've been up since around 9? Have done parts of a.m. routine, sorted and started laundry and read the paper.

I'm making a sausage/wild rice/tomato soup for our supper. I don't know if dkids will come since they were just here on Friday night. Dh has gone to the Y and grocery store and maybe a massage. I'm working on the research I had going on Monday when dniece called about dbro.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:59 pm

I need to complete the written questions for the Pro Gen discussion group - I had planned to miss the MOnday meeting and do the Wednesday meeting, then with the shiva on Wednesday I didn't make the Wed meeting either.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Between morning services and afternoon service.

Tough day today. Our minister's dmil died during the first service. She's in Newfoundland and our minister's partner was in church when the call came for him to get home to Newfoundland as fast as possible. He left the service talking with the Rev on his way out the door.

On the way to the second service Rev called for an update and found out she had died.

I've offered to take the services next week. So that is one thing less he has to think about. But Newfoundland is a long way away.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Morning...

No daylight savings time for me... it just messes with the times I call my family now.

Willis and I had an excellent day at the park yesterday, and the trainer said Willis is ready to be socialized with other dogs off leash in a controlled environment. That means Willis has achieved two goals that I wanted. We strolled all over the park coming across other dogs, geese and ducks and children and Willis paid no attention to anything. It’s quite amazing to see the changes in him even at home. The simple strategies along with home practice and learning to understand of why Willis gets excited has been a game changer for us. He’s a much calmer and happier dog even at home.

I have five lists going on for the trip, plus it feels like I have a Chinese laundry going on. However everything progressing as it should so even I am in a “calm, submissive mind” ...Ceasar Milan. :D

Break time is over. So sorry to hear about you preaher’s mom, Kathryn
Waving to y’all. Enjoy your day... make it a good one cause there are no do overs.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Good afternoon, middle of the night, morning wherever you are!
for me it is 1:24 PM HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN
I slept to 10 am and missed my walk with my very d sis in laws I really miss them - I wasn't able to get together with them last week either bc shoulder.

thank you so much for opening d lilac!
sorry you have acid reflux today! so uncomfortable.
wonderful that you came up with a solution with your kitchen! wow I didn't know bath fitters would cost that much! glad your dh and you are able to have those skills to fix it.

hi d sadie... you also had a rough night sleep! hope tonight is better. ((( for your dh's friend)))

hi d nancy happy day to you

hi d twins your soup sounds great! good lucky on finishing your questions

hi d kathryn so sorry to hear that your minister's mother passed. I will be praying for them

hi d rose yay Willis! Waving at you too!

Hello to all!

my paper work and filing is done for today. I should balance my checking account and check my charge card purchases on line but I don't want to today. I did list my spending, figured out when to order the furniture to be recovered. Yes I probably could do it but I can see this is a better option.
My week calendar is listed and caught up. Now to make my BWP even though I already have a rough idea.

I let the dw wash the dishes from last night - this morning and now everything is drying
I washed my breakfast and lunch dishes
table cleaned
typing done
I fed the dogs
spoke to dh
surface-ly looked at the paper
I have made my plans for weeks except for menu plan
I HAVE NOT S2S so I am not done with my morning routine and it is already 1:35

Hi d harmony I see you!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”