Just Do It Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Just Do It Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:15 pm

I've still not s2s-ed and made the bed, but I did:
-set up appt with arthritis doc for mother
-called about a dumpster, with no luck. Place I used for my sister's clean up was out of dumpsters, the next one I called was crazy expensive and would only let me have it for three weeks. Calling back first place later in the week to see if they have any available, unless I find one otherwise.
-got the balance owed for the water bill, changed it to my mailing address, and will drop off ck tomorrow
-called assisted living to get a listing of mother's meds, will pick up when I see her tomorrow
-called about mother's homeowners insurance, for which payment is due. They are changing address on bill and sending it me. Also checking on whether it needs to be re-written since house is empty.
-called electric company twice, first time I didn't have an account no, but they were able to tell me the account was current, so I assume it's being drafted out of dbro's account. Second time I had acct no, but I still need to make a personal trip with my POA to change billing and mailing address.
-discussed with dd that her car needs work if she is driving kids to ATL this weekend, she will drop her car off for service tomorrow a.m and I'll take her to work.
-Texted dbro's son and dil about bills above.
-called the dil of a long lost cousin to try to find out if she is still alive. Apparently I stood her up twice, or she thinks I did? and has ignored my messages since then. So weird, that rejection was all it took for me to get weepy again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi everyone!!

Went to Monday morning stitch group at the lobby of the library. I also went inside the library to say hi to the ladies in there.

Went to pharmacy and picked up dh's needle tips.

Came home and had a quick lunch without dh because he had come and gone.

Went to afternoon senior's stitch group from 1 until 3. The complaining lady wasn't there today and it was SO quiet. At one point all of us were concentrating on whatever we were doing.

Dh called me to let me know the accountant was looking for me. I called the accountant as soon as I got home and I had one of the 3 pieces of paper he needed.

I just sat down and turned on the computer for the first time all day.

Supper is BBQ steak and potatoes and onions done in a foil packet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Laundry has progressed. The mattress pad is probably dry so I laid it on the bed for a few more hours before making up the bed. The sheets aren't quite dry so they are on the back of the chairs in the living room. The apartment doesn't look great. My regular load of fine washables is now hanging on the drying rack in the bedroom.

I meant to sort papers but got distracted looking for something online. Which then had me making an Amazon order. I had been stuck because the item I wanted was $25 and I needed $10 for free shipping but my add-on item went on sale for 9.99. So no free shipping. Today it was back up to $10.99 so the order is finally in. I should have it in a week. The add-on item is a fancy stencil for my bullet journal pages. And new pads for dh's fancy noise-cancelling headphones. The old ones are falling apart (they are well over 10 years old) and are leaving bits of leather/vinyl on me when I use them. For $25 we can install new pads. The headphones are worth $$$ so it is well worth it to renew them. Plus I like repairing rather than replacing an item when I can.

I'll try again on the paper sorting.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:13 pm

exhale. Hank's life has been well celebrated with over 400 family & friends. Everything went as smoothly as possible.

I feel like I have been in a mental fog for days. I am craving getting back to "normal" whatever that is.

We haven't done homeschool since last Wednesday. I just haven't been able to get my act together. Hopefully tomorrow we can get back into normal routine.....at least until 11:00am when I need to stop homeschool & take DMom to her doctor appointment.

Today one of our DFriends is going through the vetting/interview process for justice in our state Supreme Court. I feel strongly both ways. I would love to have such a man of integrity on the Supreme Court, but on the other hand, that means he won't be around as much. He doesn't expect to get the Supreme Court justice position because he thinks another person is more qualified. However, plans are in motion just in case it happens. His wife has put together plans to buy a home in big city but keep their home here too. They plan to keep coming "home" on weekend and continue attending our church.

I'm going to put my feet up & spend some time planning the week & meals.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:17 pm

hi
did 2 15 minutes
had a couple things that I hadn't planned - the front of the fridge was disgusting - I just used a surface metal cleaner but it still needs thorough cleaning but that will be another day
same with the dw
swiped only the door handles and drawer fronts and hot spots on kitchen cabinets.
pulled food for tonights dinner prep

next: 15 minutes in laundry room no more

My morning routine is finally done. :shock:

Yes!!! d twins on your work
(((it hurts and especially now! ))) It sounds like a misunderstanding. People are funny - I think that's why I love SHE'S because they understand that life is complex. I know I had a friend who just didn't believe me about dd and not being able to attend a few things bc dd younger got hit with pain. You can't make people change but maybe you can just write a note saying you are thinking of her and tell her about your loss. All you can do is keep it on a positive note on your end. It's not you she is rejecting - it sounds like she might be older and very set in her ways.

hi d lady - how special that hank's life was celebrated by so many
the routine will come back - life does this and its okay

hi d kathryn yay on your progress

hi d cathy - how fun - stitch group
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 pm

15 minutes in laundry room: listened to episode one of the newer cosmos
windex-ed windows in and out
windex-ed top, front and side of washer and dry
pulled duster under shelves to get out any dog hair or anything (also under and in-between the washer and dryer)
dusted walls and doors
spritzed a wet swiffer duster with bleach water and swiped hot spots on doors and all around
cleaned door handles
vacuumed dog rug and laundry area
swiffer rinsed floor
dejunked (tossed) one thing
put away something that I had planned on doing but had been out on the counter for a week. ;) make a card for shaving and brushing the dogs .

time for next challenge
15 minutes in zone area - not even - wiped top of dining room table, surface vacuumed floor (with dh every so often unplugging the vacuum cleaner - funny guy - he got a smile and then I knew he was going to do something
put away

can't get to laundry as dd younger is using the machines

time to make dinner
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Grrrrr....
I can’t JUST DO IT bc I can’t FIND it!!!!
It does very little good to (as dmom says I did) document every day of ds’s life if one cannot find said photos when needed.
Sheesh.
Long story, but ds could really use the original photos or scanned photos of a project he did in 2005-2006 and now needs to reorder.

Well the photo albums for 2005 and 3006 are filled in chronological order... but the pictures he needs are NOT there... nor are they in the box of duplicates... nor are they on my computer or any flash drives I can locate.
Sheesh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm

I moved the last pile of stuff I raked up did not get to it last week bc of the windy days we had here. Potted up my new bulbs, and got onions in too! Lovely day here today for it. dgd was a no show so I am back from walking the pooch. 73*
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Lucylee: I have holes in my albums like that. The kids needed the photos for some reason and they never got returned to their rightful place.

Paperwork got organized so the one file for taxes and the few for the business are now over a dozen of specific files. The taxes are all tied together so they won't get mixed in with the business. I am missing the September bank statements (both accounts so need to print those off or at least the activity (I can't print a copy of the mailed out statement.) Every year, at least one month doesn't make it to me. At first I thought it was me but now I'm sure they are being put in the wrong mailbox downstairs.

Two credit card bills did get to me today. I just picked up the mail from the box after going for a walk with dh. I wanted to get about 2 miles in but came up a little short so I'm at 7600 steps, instead of 8K. Yesterday I was 4K and Friday it was 2K so this is an improvement. I have time to get the missing mile in on the treadmill but not the time or energy.

The posters are up for Saturday's event. I got the newsletter emailed out yesterday. I need to confirm everyone got it, though. I did but I forgot to put in an alternate email delivering to me in every one of the three batches of address. So I don't know if the other 2 went out fine. All responses have been in the A-K group.

Dinner was leftover chicken from last night which was Costco precooked chicken. That is all gone now. I had mine as a stir fry so avoided the garlic toast that dh made up for his starch. Even so, I'm way over for calories today. I had soup at lunch, which wasn't enough and then I kept snacking all afternoon. Sigh...

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Just prepared a rough estimate report. That was depressing. There won't be the money dh needs to do what he wants. I don't think I have time to get more accurate numbers but I guess I'll start pushing ahead and at least get the bank and receivables done by lunch tomorrow if at all possible. That will give me more solid numbers. Right now, I'm just eyeballing numbers and estimating an answer.

On the plus side, with the papers all organized in files, I knew exactly where to go to get the rough numbers even though nothing has been entered into the accounting software yet.

Return to “Post When You Can”