Wet Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wet Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:28 am

It is very wet outside here with snow but at the melting point. Driving is a mess. And I have to drive in the city today.

Pam and Peggy used to suggest we have a 'wet' cleaning day (mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms.) So may it is your wet cleaning day.

Maybe you are doing wet self-care (hair cut or colour, pedicure, nice long, hot, shower?)

Or maybe you are doing self-care with something wet - getting in all your water, or waking up with a great coffee or tea.

Whatever your 'wet' I hope you have a great day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wet Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am

Today is museum day for dd, dgs and I. She just texted that they are having breakfast now because the baby slept in. I'm glad for her. The meds she's on have a 'do not operate heavy equipment' warning and she's dragging all the time. I can hear it in her voice and she has no energy when we are out. So hopefully she got some extra ZZZs too.

The bedroom is all covered up now with drop cloths. I've taken pictures of the damage this time. Some of the repairs will be to things that were repaired a year ago. That was a really poor job at the time and I suspect we'll be redoing the wall in the near future but for now that wall isn't bad enough to request redoing. The ceiling on the other hand is falling down so will have to be done. I've given up on trying to keep that part of the room 'clean' since plaster falls every time the wind blows and the building sways.

The kitchen is ready to do too. We have a counter in front of the window which rolls out and becomes an island. I like it as an island but dh doesn't. Maybe in June it will be an island while he's not here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am

Hi d kathryn! have a wonderful day at the museum with your sweet daughter! I know last nights dinner was a hard one - I totally understood... how are you feeling today?

d harriet I saw last night about cutting mung beans - interesting. Last year I grew micro greens and having to clean the dirt etc. off all the greens was more trouble than this lazy daisy wants to do :lol: When I was young - no problem but now :lol:

d lucy rah rah rah on your work last night.

I will go back and read how your day was yesterday. hope it was great and Hope today is fantastic for all of you!

last night I met my d sil #2 with her dh and my dd younger and had a wonderful time. I missed her so much. So much fun spending time with her.

HELLO ALL - WE MAY HAVE SNOW BUT I THINK SPRING IS IN THE AIR BECAUSE MY ANIMALS ARE GOING BONKERS :shock: :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am

Hoping to be home today
I figure I can't have a clean house if I can't get to my routines and bwp

today is anti procrastination day - for me it is phone calls and a load of gentle laundry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWmoIh4Awqk fly L kat Wednesday
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 am

Not much-wet happening here. Although, I have added mopping to my daily routine because of all the traffic. It takes less than 10 minutes to mop the 4 main rooms of the house and it leaves everything smelling & looking sparkling clean.

My schedule is getting back to normal.
• 7:30 phone meeting
• 7:45 Bible
• 8:00 Math
• 9:00 English
• 10:00 Reading
• 11:00 Science & History
• Noon - lunch
• 3:45 DGD6 from school
• 4:30 Prep Dinner for the church family
• 6:00 Dinner & phone meeting
• 7:00 Worship
• 8:30 kids bedtime
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:29 am

big day ahead for you d lady... hope it's a great day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 am

I don't think there is a normal here. Dmom fell last night and I was at the ER from about 2:15 to 4 a.m. Dd met me, thankfully, and went with dMom back to assisted living with the ambulance transport. I went back to sleep eventually but woke up on my own at 8 or so, coughing like crazy.

Right now I'm not sure where to start today. Or maybe I should go back to bed? I am feeling sorry for myself. DD and I agreed last night that the assisted living place is not working for dmom right now but I just don't know where to start on that.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 am

We were covered in white weather this morning. Melting.

Oh, Twins'! I was thinking you were going to say they kept her at hospital and am so glad she was able to go back to surroundings that are familiar instead, with your dd monitoring the trip back. No matter what, you have to acknowledge that you lost a lot of sleep. Rest, rest.

Also hoping Dee got rest recently (and technological help).

Hope Willis is enjoying the trains and elevators.

Already started a partially Wet Wednesday spiffing front bathroom.

blessed, the medium in which to grow microgreens is probably the biggest decision. I heard of people's trouble with soils, so started with coconut coir and it's still best so far for me. I tried the no-soil felt sheets, but way too sporadic with moisture.

So far so good with new sprouts technique, assembled this morning. The little extra time put in at first is no big deal, even pleasant. So if it also saves time later, it's a win-win. HRH waiting hopefully. :)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:57 am

d twins (((your d mom))) and (((you))). I ditto d harriet's "rest". Acknowledging your exhaustion will help you see it is okay to need the rest because you didn't get emotional and physical rest last night. It's okay. So happy your dd was there!

thanks for the tip d harriet - I will try again! Hope springs eternal! yay on your sprouting success. Also again I love those ladies on the cooking video - a joy and I am learning!

okay - it is already 9:55 (10 AM) :shock:
DH woke up late - I was up at 7:30 which I am trying to push to 7 tomorrow (getting used to new time zone)
Ready to start. there is actual sunshine outside but cold! Robins are busy outside singing so that always cheers my soul.

take care:
Next Morning routine

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:38 am

Hey Elizabeth I’m waving to you... and Willis says hi!

Cool looking town... what are the mts i see
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”