Wet Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wet Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Taking a break while eating lunch.

Homeschool has progressed smoothly this morning but we were knocked off schedule by needs of others. We still have 2 hours to do after lunch because of the interruptions.

A VDFriend stopped by our home around 10pm last night to talk to DH about a text he had just received. A mutual acquaintance sent VDFriend a text asking him to be his boyfriend. It highly offended VDFriend so he came to talk it over with DH. This morning VDFriend brought his phone to me with the request to show him how to block the phone number. He has an Apple phone which I am not familiar with but the process was similar to Android so I was able to block the # on his phone. I was a bit surprised how upset VDFriend was. I would have sent a negative reply and assumed that was the end of the matter. However, VDFriend was deeply offended and has contacted the police and the employers of the male acquaintance that sent him the request for s*x.

We made a quick trip (40 miles) to check on the status of the food at church for tonight. There are 2 large refrigerators stuffed full of food left from feeding Hank's family on Monday. Plus about a dozen desserts that haven't been touched. Tonight's meal is leftovers and potluck.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:37 pm

hi d twins yay getting through round - also glad you groceries delivered

Irish clogging d nancy what is that? We have Irish dance here - hard shoe and gillies (soft shoe) dd older was an irish dancer years ago (long long ago.. I feel like the beginning of a star wars movie)

d harmony glad you have a beautiful blue sky tonight. yay on getting your dailies done

hi d lady. glad homeschool has gone smoothly this morning and I hope that this afternoon is fun and goes smoothly
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:40 pm

trying not to be frustrated on how long my work is taking me today.

I did my anti procrastination this morning at least!

finally finished my morning routine - s2s, kitchen empty dw and clean sink and counters, list spending (took 2 hours), swish one toilet, go through emails and mail - it's so small but still took such a long time. It is now 1:38 pm

next routine: laundry geesh everything is taking so much extra time.

time to look at routines:

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Good afternoon! I have uploaded another set of report mods and am now going onto the really difficult stuff. This fix will have far reaching consequences. Got myself totally panicked, because I "realized" Dad was coming Friday and my house is not ready! Yes, he is coming Friday, NEXT Friday. Crisis averted. I will deal with the panic by creating a schedule to get 'er done.

I am not happy with Mom's report on her doctor visit. She was told that she will have diarrhea for the rest of her life, it is just part of getting old, and all she has to do is set aside two hours every day to deal with it. WTF? (And that F does not stand for first either). I will talk to Dad when he gets here. He was at the appointment. At least her knee is better and she is finding that walking the dog is good for her knee and the dog.

More of my lunchtime reading for your amusement:
Heroine's ex boyfriend has shown up. He has the intelligence level of a houseplant, but, yes, a nice body. He actually had more dialog in a few paragraphs than her "ideal" boyfriend has in the entire book so far. No detail has been spared on descriptions of the ideal's physical attributes. Our heroine still cannot keep her mind out of her pants. She still has not realized that it is a good idea to lock one's doors, particularly when there are two known bad guys + at least one murderer in town. She also leaves her car running. Her moronic friends cannot see a way out of their financial difficulties. Hint: hire an appraiser to look at the antique furniture, vintage clothing, and Tiffany jewelry you keep unearthing in your house remodel. And don't just leave it sitting out with unlocked doors. (Really does no one lock their doors in this book?) All characters are artificially quirky. It has gotten so bad, I am finding it amusing and have decided to finish it. Is there anything good? Yes, I like the short chapters for lunchtime reading and it is easy to follow. Not to mention funny, but I really don't think the author intended it this way.

If RamblinRose is in Home City, she is seeing the Sandia mountains to the east.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:20 pm

U tube has a ton of dance vids look up Irish clogging, River Dance came up.

I saw dances with feet going like in river dance and square dance rounds amazing. It was older b & w vid.
Look on championships maybe there is a documantary on clogging. Clogging is like with wooden Dutch shoes sort of I think. They do it in the south. Try this
http://WWW.itap.com. then look for clogging.
Also type in all that clogging a group.

I have more laundry going. Lunch is done.Hens are out for free range time.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:16 pm

LadyM, I hope he's sure about lashing out like this. What if he's about to hurt somebody's work life and it turns out it was another person playing a trick somehow, or some mix-up with a person who really is a boyfriend possibility. It's strange to get a text like that out of the blue. There's a BBC comedy/reality tv show called "Send To All" that is about getting ahold of someone else's phone and tricking their contacts.

Elizabeth, part of getting older with what diagnosis? Obviously it's not part of getting older for everyone, so... ...

dd38 called just to make sure how I was doing. I could hear the boys voices going in and out in the background so I had her call out, "Grandma loves you!" to the house and heard a chorus back, with each saying something slightly different, lol. So I only know I got a loving holler.

Not a productive day. Put things off waiting on call-backs, which irritates me now, at 5:00.

But I have been eating pretty well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 pm

the ones are river dance - the girls call them hard shoes-jig - it's Irish step dancing... they are heavier and stiffer then what you see in clogging (which is so cool). Dd older still has her hard shoes https://www.antoniopacelli.com/irish-da ... -jig-shoes and her gillies (soft shoes) http://www.irishbutterfly.com/gillies-s ... girls.html - I used to love her dance and be so happy.
this is the dress https://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles ... conan.html and this is the competition dress https://www.kerry-designs.com
unfortunately they still have wigs - when dh's grandmother did irish dance the girls didn't have to do all that. When dd was in irish dance they didn't do wigs but had to have their hair curled. It depends on where you live (regarding how big the wigs are) but some of these wigs are so far out - I think it's the parents/competition leaders that let it get of hand. It then becomes an expensive sport which it shouldn't be. It's supposed to be fun

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:28 pm

15 min in dining room washed chair rails and door areas and bottom wood in dining room

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Some forward progress.

I have a dumpster coming on Friday and will have it for three weeks for dmom's house.

I visited dmom and was alarmed because she was sleeping so soundly and when awakened, wasn't making sense. She's being evaluated by the nurse practitioner tomorrow. I talked to the nurse there at assisted living and they are following their "protocol" after a fall. Also talked to the nurse practitioner in advance and Mother may be ready for a hospice referral versus a move to nursing home.

Tomorrow I am going to Knoxville to see the elderly cousin with a DNA test. I need to print a release form to take to him.

I have tai chi tonight. Dh is having dinner out with some friends celebrating a birthday. I'm wondering again whether to stick with Tai Chi.

I am feeling so scattered.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Look up Appalachian clog dancing.
Found feet of flames vid Michael Flatley, there is a short one & a long one.
2 loads of laundry folded most is put away working on that now towels are put away.
Take meds x
Walked ddog.

Return to “Post When You Can”