Wet Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wet Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 am

I am up we had rain in the nite. Ddog is inside bc of muddy paws. Might bathe her later on. I spiffed up the kitchen, bedroom round up clothes to wash next.

Need to find flash cards for sign language , maybe on U tube. - if you have ideas they are aporeciated. Website the balance was helpful. I will see what the library has.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:07 pm

I went back to bed for a bit. I've been sleeping poorly - trouble getting to sleep, then not able to get up in the morning so it would have been nice to power on through the day, but I just couldn't.

-clear kitchen counters
-start a lol
-walk the ddog who is quite anxious about her walk
-clear breakfast bar counter
-make a list for the rest of the day, what can I reasonably do?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Nancy, I googled just what you asked for and found pages of resources. Printable for $1.00 (I guess you could glue on sturdier index cards) and lots to send away for. Neat. I never knew. Check your library too, my DMom had given DD a book once because she was interested and their church was teaching people because there was deaf in their congregation. I don't know what happened to the book or I would send it to you.

Wet. Hmmm. Beautiful blue sky today. Watching TWC and the snow up north. Sometimes I check on it because DH's bro lives in Eastern mountains of PA and gets the same. We always laugh to ourselves. I guess he doesn't mind. It was chilly here and just made it out of the 60's. Yes that's chilly for us.

Thinking about RRose traveling. Wish it was me. Twins, I'm sorry about your DMom, hope you find a better place if you decide to move her.

I've done dailies. I should pick something wet to do today. I have a long list I could pick from.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:38 pm

I got back the feedback from the mentor on my research report turned in on the 25th of Feb - no warm fuzzies, she said "All in all it is a sound report." The report "met standards" or "partially met standards" so had it been in my portfolio that part would have passed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 pm

enjoy yourself d rose!!!
waving at d twins!
hello d harmony! waving too at you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm

I have worked 2 hours on paperwork and phone calls for anti procrastination day - I can't imagine if I waited until my normal Sunday paperwork day. I took a long time on paperwork on Monday and Tuesday as well. Hoping tomorrow won't be as time consuming.

Now lunch and start my morning routine.

Yesterday Mr. Rogers quote of the day is fitting our family right now but being positive as we figure things out.
There is no normal life that is free of pain. it's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus of our growth.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:23 pm

I found put yesterday one gal in the knitting group had a deaf son and I got the idea about flash cards from her. My other good friend does sign too, I had a beginner sign class back in the day and remember a few of those. Maybe the parents can get some to put in the diap. Bag. I know the mom dad cat dog day eat finish ones so we can start with those.

I have shook rugs, swept , mopped, laundry is rounded up, sorted and going now.

Irish clogging on u tube my reward.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm

I am finally through that round. I decided that instead of going to grocery, I would order via Shipt so I did that, with delivery between 4 and 5 p.m. That means I must go to see dmom and be back home by 4ish. So that's only two or so hours from now.

-try again about dumpster
-s2s
-quick kitchen sweep up and take out kitchen garbage
-head out to visit dmom

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi!

Normally Wednesday is for the wet stuff around here. Today was totally different. I had somewhere to be in Niagara Falls by 11, so I had to get up, get dressed and go. My car has been out of the garage and there was at least 4 inches of snow all over it to be cleared before I could leave. Before I got out of the house, dh calls to tell me he was going to be home this afternoon. He has hurt his back somehow and he said he has never taken a half day because of back pain.

Went to Niagara Falls and came back in time to sit down for lunch with dh. After lunch I put some stuff on his back and he went and laid down. He also has a hot bag on one of his shoulders.

Supper tonight is salmon patties, fried potatoes and egg salad sandwiches. All by request. :shock:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

d cathy I hope your dh's back feels better! glad you were able to go to Niagara falls!

Return to “Post When You Can”