Try Again Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Try Again Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:17 pm

I have been looking up drs. for dd younger who is now in her room decompressing. breath in and move forward. start again. Be positive

dear lucy:
on Elvis Standard Time... sheesh. oh my gosh that made me giggle d lucy! I hope your d uncle comes a little later :D

"I have a problem with this 15 min. thing, when it's a job that clearly takes a lot more than 15 minutes
and it takes a lot more than 15 minutes, and"
once I get the steam cleaner out, I feel I have to get all the baths done.
I think that might be your perfectionist inside of you taking over - all or nothing syndrome. It's really hard to do tell the job you will get to it later (It's part of the perfectionist/all or nothing syndrome). I literally now tell the job that I am only doing the 15 minutes - sometimes I will set another 15 minutes but nothing more than that! I have found once I swipe the bathroom if I just take my wipes and go over the outside of the toilet daily or every other day and give it a swipe it helps. Just steam one bathroom once a week if that makes you happy but don't make it bigger work than it needs to be. Be good to sweet young lucy! If you make a job too big in your mind than you won't want to touch it. Every job I do I make out bigger than it should be but I turn on my timer and 90% of the time I find out that the job is shorter than I made it to be or that I have to attack it another day if I underestimate a job - I do that too :lol:

"And it is sooo easy to get sidetracked by the computer." - lol you are preaching to the choir of at our house. :lol: 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Amused to tell you all that my car has become the flying carpet-... Flintstonemobile :lol: .
:D :D :D

Oh, hey - maybe I can find something more for my bulletin board... .. it may be my singular bright spot on Sun. :| I would like a large header that says "spring".
- I like that! It would bring joy and hope on Sunday!

thank you sweet harriet! I am giving this one up and having hope!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 pm

*sigh*
The school principal just called and asked if I would be a monitor for the state testing at school. I told her I was going to pass volunteering for this since DS9 won't be taking the state test this year because he is in the 4th grade. I didn't think the 4th grade took the state test. She said the 4th grade does take 4 sessions of the state test. ARGH!

Now I need to decide whether I will take DS9 up to public school for the 12 hours of testing next month or officially pull him out of public school this month. I can't see any benefits to DS9 taking the state tests. He does horrible on testing when he is in a room with other people and stressed so the test results would have no meaning to me. I have already purchased tests for him to take at the end of this school year (at home) so I will have the feedback information I need to know how he is progressing.

The only downside to pulling him out of public school this month is he won't do the last month of speech. However, according to his speech pathologist DS9 is doing amazingly well. She has given him his final word "Justice" to practice saying. Because the word Justice has 2 separate "S" sounds in it. After 8 years of speech training, I don't think missing one month will have any impact.

Hum........I could wait to make this decision. The state testing is scheduled to start April 12th. Our teachers are preparing to go on a strike starting April 2nd. They have been told to expect the strike to last 2-4 weeks. If that does happen then the state testing won't happen because they won't be having public school next month.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Y'all are so much FUN today!!!
I own an internal combustion engine, but still enjoy operating in the no-brainer age of the Flintstonemobile.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ME, TOO... although I have learned to do the Wmart Savings Catcher app -- since they forced me to stop using the Bluebird stone tablet -- I mean, card.

AND THIS, definitely has me ROFLOL:
Just steam one bathroom once a week if that makes you happy but don't make it bigger work than it needs to be.

ONCE A WEEK??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, blessed.... I would feel sooo Martha-Stewart-ish if they could only get done once each FOCUS ROUND. (Once every 11 weeks?)
Once a week???
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

:D Y'all -- dh is still gone and no one has called me -- so he MUST be surviving the golf course! They were supposed to start at 1:00 pm and he was gone when I got home from the allergy doctor. (It's 3:45 pm here, and the course is less than 5 min away from our house.)
Do you know, it was exactly a year ago TODAY that he had his echocardiogram, the one that made cardiologist say his "ejection factor" was so low that he should consider being put on the heart transplant list, the one that made cardiologist tell us last month that he didn't think dh would survive the year. We are just :shock: ... truly standing amazed in the presence and giving thanks to God.
His EF may still be low -- he hasn't had an echocardiogram since then -- but whatever the numbers show, he knows how he feels. :D

LadyM -- looks like ds9 might not be the only one pulling himself out of public school, huh? ;) Can you put him back in next year -- IF you choose to? I would agree, missing one month of speech would not be the end of the world since his progress is good. Hmmm.... you might even get some practice exercises in speech to let him do at home during that last month.

I am paying some bills, addressing duncle's bday card (which I may just give him tomorrow -- his bday is Sunday) and IF dh is not home when I finish that, I will vacuum!
DGD is asleep on the couch (she always falls asleep in the car line.)
DGS is typing the elements, along their abbreviations and numbers, into the notes section of my phone. In the past few days he has typed the books of the Bible and several Dr. Seuss books into the notes section of my phone. It takes a while to delete all this every so often, so I can find the things I really NEED to be in the notes. :lol: :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:45 pm

I showed the dog my steps she move sideways with me! We have a start! Danced at the library too just four steps showing my fried there what I think they repeat. We used to do square dancing in jr. Hi. P E class all winter when I was a kid. Hated it then but now really look at it differently. River dance has a newhappr st. Pats day vid up. I have Irish reels music in my head now. Smiling...

Back from town. Bs was way up sigh. Did a short roubd the block walk w ddog, walked at the grange trading post, traded for a rock w the word dance on it! Wondering if my dgd in 3rd grade can show me some stuff!
OMM -
Ordered 3 books on asl am sign. Language for kids. They or the Library did not have flash cards. Talked to a gal at the w store about the cards she had an interest in it and wants a class. She is in Idaho, so the states are diff. Dd did not have cards either.

Time for more laundry folding. Rx dose and a walk plus I want to bake brownies
For h but he on his way I have fiddle farted around too much. ( Southern for wasted time away).

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:09 pm

I'm home! He wasn't an axe murderer! And I got his DNA! He was a nice elderly man, but I misspoke regarding his age: he is 92. I took him to lunch but then let him pay since he was adamant he wanted to, and pulled out $100 bill to pay. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:51 pm

LadyM: I'm not big on teachers striking but listening to you describe the situation and reading articles like this one means I'm standing and cheering that they will likely go out on strike.

https://www.economist.com/news/united-s ... ats-matter

To make matters worse, the expensive health insurance offered to teachers eats into already meagre pay. Under the cheapest plan on offer, monthly premiums are $400 for a single person. The cost of adding a spouse is another $470 per month; a child is $208. In Catoosa, a school district not far from Tulsa, an elementary-school secretary tells of an aide with four children whose premiums were so large that she paid the district $200 a month to work there.

The lack of basic universal health care in the US has turned that aide into an indentured slave. Her choice is slave labour or run the risk of having no health care if it is needed. I guess she's made the educated choice for her family.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm

I ended up taking two advil and lying down on the couch for a nap (the bedroom smells too much.)

After an hour ds came in having a bad day. That woke me up but I let him vent and then eventually got myself some tea. That perked me up and the last bit of the headache left. I used the new parts that came in the mail to renew dh's noise cancelling headphones and checked out a 'boom box' we had grabbed off the sharing shelf downstairs to see if that worked. It did so I cleaned it up, then cleaned the windows in the kitchen and took down the snowflake stickers on the transom. It is close enough to official spring that I can put away the winter decorations, even though the balcony, which was clear and dry, is covered with snow once again. It should all melt by vernal equinox if the forecast is correct.

Dinner was okay (dh enjoyed his ribs, I just had a lasagna) and it is time now for me to do the kitchen chores for the week, as well as finish cleaning up the kitchen from dinner prep. Then I'll work on tidying the living room. It has got messy again.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:48 pm

ONCE A WEEK??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, blessed.... I would feel sooo Martha-Stewart-ish if they could only get done once each FOCUS ROUND. (Once every 11 weeks?)
Once a week???
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
oh my gosh d lucy you truly make me smile - martha stewart!

Don't worry about the steamer! too much pressure!!!!
:D lots of love

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 pm

hi d kathryn! (((hoping tomorrow is a better day for your dh!!) sorry the plaster work was hard on you! hope the fumes are gone by tomorrow

hi d twins - How wonderful!!! Sounds like such a lovely lovely visit - how cool!

hi d nancy
I showed the dog my steps she move sideways with me!
yay
good for you on learning ASL again!

d lucy - so happy your dh is enjoying Golf! after all he has gone through it is so nice to hear him enjoying himself!

d lady - it is very frustrating about the testing! I know that some students choose not to take certain tests here because they are over tested in our area.
Wishing you the best!

Matched socks while the tv was on - I had put it off for 1 week but it is done now :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”