Try Again Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Try Again Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:00 pm

x cyclone Linda has gone by. clean air and lots of UV ping in the sunlight. Seas are still on their way down from 24' to the odd 25' wave that was pounding the coast. Hold on NZ. I guess the N Isle already knows its around.

Washing is on the line.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:37 pm

glad the cyclone passed dlynn!!! sunshine and clean laundry on the line - a good thing! have a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:39 pm

did 2 x 15 in family room.

laundry is drying again,
socks all matched (except those rouge ones 8-) )
We have too many socks.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Blessed: tomorrow it will be paint fumes.

I finished the vacuuming and cleaned the kitchen. I didn't bother to mop the floor, I'll do that tomorrow after the sanding in there. And redo the bedroom if necessary. The living and dining rooms have not been dusted. They aren't bad so can wait until the dust settles. I'll probably do them on Saturday because it takes a few days for the dust to settle. When I walk into the bedroom it still looks a bit misty to me so I'm guessing the dust is in the air still.

I'll have two loads of drop cloths after I decide to put them away. I'm thinking I'll wait until Sunday night if I can stand to wait that long. I'm anxious to get things back to order but that means repeated cleaning.

I still have a service and sermon to write. I picked hymns but that's it. I've listened to three podcasts and none had a spark for me. That took over 2 hours (although 40 minutes of it was during the driving yesterday and the remainder was while I did housework today.) Normally I get a page of notes out of this but this week is difficult.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Once a week might work if it was a one level with one bath 2 bedrooms or an apt.

Ddog caught a bird wren on todays walk :shock: , she headed home early.

One gal at the store had not thought of apps for sign info.
H was pleased with brownies today.
Dinner is done. Pizza.
It is nice and sunny.

K in C. Can you go to the library to write?
I need to fold a load of laundry. Done, still need to take it upstairs to be put away. Did some on the p m routine.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Nancy: I'll probably go to a coffee shop. I like writing at them and there's a technique for ADD folk I can use in this neighbourhood. You walk to the first one, then when you stop making progress on the writing, you pack up and walk on to another one. While you are walking you are thinking about your writing and usually figure out a way past the writer's block. This only works in neighbourhoods with many coffee shops. There are eight within a 1.5 mile stretch along our neighbourhood's main street. The only problem is they are too close together to get a long enough walk in between them. And there's 7/10th of a mile without any.

Dh and I went out for a walk then chatted with the super for a bit. I thought my bookcase issues were solved but they aren't. The manager said I could slide down the parcel box but apparently they can't be moved because they weigh too much. So there's no place to put a bookcase after all.

I'm pretty demoralized about that.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:24 pm

K IN c I love that idea writing in various coffee spots, we only have 4 they are miles apart so we have to drive to em a couple more are drive through only. But we have like 24 parks.

I took the dog out and locked up the hens for the nite.
Celtic women is on.
I kind of like dancing for the dog she canot tell when I flub up. Lol!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:40 pm

The trip was happy and I was a big help all 'round, so hey, maybe what I was meant to do today. Lots of fun conversation and I looked at the various projects that were either in backpacks or in photographs I could see. I found a frame (half-off, ready-made) for the "textural" self-portrait dd19 gave me for Christmas (areas of rubbings in charcoal, against inked areas). I found a 3-D charm - highly unusual for me - that I will use as a bauble for a fabric bookmark's ribbon. I had taken a bookmark with me to check colors, just in case I saw something that "jumped out at me".

Dd is just freehand-drawing a mini "spring" banner now in swirling lettering. Found nothing at the store. She'll print it in black and white here and I'll color in with spring-y colors of my trusty crayola markers later.

Twins', it probably meant a lot to him to be able to pay for the meal. I think that's great.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Teachers in my state do not have the right to strike. It is very puzzling, b/c everyone thinks our teacher's "association" is a union, but apparently it is against the law for our teachers to go on strike. I have never heard of a teacher strike here in our state.

So glad you had a nice visit with dcousin, Twins!

Smiling at Nancy dancing for the dog...

Kathryn, I hope you can find some peace and quiet, and nicely scented, areas to write tomorrow.
And that all the repair work is completed SOON!

So glad the cyclone passed and you are all safe and sound, Lynlee!

DH did enjoy his golf game and -- although he's awfully stiff and sore -- his heart seems no worse for the wear. Sooo glad for him to get out with some men and have a normal day like he used to!
DS came over and we all ate chili -- canned, Wolf brand -- for supper.
DS looked and looked and looked for those missing pictures, but they have apparently vanished into thin air! He found (in his old room) MORE pictures from that year... but not from the lost photo session. * sigh * We both feel quite baffled by this.

I did finish vacuuming, and the kitchen is s/s, all except putting away the dishes in the drainer.

I am exhausted. Approximately 6 hours sleep last night, approximately 2 hours drive-time today, and dgrands have been here a lot this week.
I refused dgs's request to play Scrabble and told him he and dgd would just have to play together for awhile.
I've only had 4467 steps though. MAYBE I can summon enough energy to walk away the pounds.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 pm

I had all sorts of witty replies in my head as I read through. Now my head is pretty empty... :shock:

Kathryn, DH takes a shop vac around where he works and picks up the bulk of dust etc. but it's by no means a deep clean. Some people leave just everything out, all the knickknacks, the electronics, toiletries, dishes, all the fancy furniture, so that's frustrating to us. And then sometimes someone will get mad at the littlest things after DH has wet wiped everything he could. Construction is dirty and messy.

Today was a lot of errands. Trip with tool to job. Trip later out to same area to pick up a check. We have a small check from questionable source we wouldn't be surprised if she stopped payment on it...so I'm not putting it in my bank till I'm sure its good. Stupid stuff. The check was less than a stop payment fee...so if they did that, it's bad for them.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get more done.

Return to “Post When You Can”