Philosophical Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Philosophical Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Bedrooms are back to rights. I didn't vacuum but I did rewash the floors. My throat is a bit swollen shut so obviously I was working in a lot of dust/fumes. It doesn't feel bad in there to me but I guess I'm a bad judge.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Posting without cuop -- just had to share. Remember how I was worried duncle would arrive "too" early this morning?

I set my alarm for 9:30 this morning, so that gave me about 6.5 hours sleep. Got up, d2s, went outside to walk while waiting on duncle to call.
and waited waited waited
waited waited
DH got up earlier than he meant to b/c my alarm had disturbed him...
Finally, I was just falling asleep reading the paper, and I said, "I have not had enough sleep, I'm going to sleep awhile and then take my shower."
DH said, "Go for it!" (He had already asked me to please don't get involved w/duncle again... "if he has a book you want, we will buy the book!")
Dmom woke me up at 1:00 pm on the phone (she was doing much better btw, and had taken herself to Captain D's drive thru.)
Talked to her a minute, got in the shower...
While I was in there, dh came in and held up the book. Said, "Duncle just left. Said don't lose this book."

NOW -- this is the :lol: part:
I looked at that book and I told dh --
"I think I have read that book. I think I already have a copy of that book."
ROFLOL... sure enough... went to the bookshelves -- there it was.

DH said, "Y'all don't need to talk anymore about your uncle's memory getting bad."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 pm

d lucy :D :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Up before 6 because dd had such an early morning. The temps never dropped through the night as expected, so feeling hot I didn't sleep well anyhow and beat her alarm getting up.

Dd says students had been whittled down to 12 for interviews and all were seen rapid-fire by a team of interviewers, one filing through every 15 minutes. She was surprised by the efficiency of the process.

More wet cleaning today continuing from Wed. I've washed the outer curtains of master bath's shower and put them back with new inner curtain. One tie-back hook came off - wondering about super glue or buying new.

Hen house chores.

Finished the "spring" sign dd designed for me, coloring in with green, orange and pink. Have it in a page protector ready for Sun.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:04 pm

LOL. Found item of the day at my dmom's: Two large framed baby photos of a dcousin, born in 1941, a photo of dcousin born in 1959, a photo and report cards of their mother, my mother's sister. The kicker? They were in an oversized envelope in the covered back of pickup truck, purchased 1993, which my father drove, then mother drove, then dbro drove. Where did this stuff come from, and why was it in the truck?

Once this is over, I do not want to be a hoarder, or even close. My own things need to be cleaned out. I can't control what dh keeps, but I can try to get rid of as much c--p as possible.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:12 pm

I dumped the trash. Nearly time for the next round of hen chores. Sun is out it is 62* according to my tablet it is usually a little elevated. I dusted a bit in the main bath.

I was thinking on my walk how we are all fortunate with all the things we need to declutter and multiple bathrooms we have. At some point the "stuff" seems to be more of a blessing than a burden. I need tobrenew my commitiment to not leave a bunch of stuff for someone else to deal with after I am gone.

How ever this week I took off for doing other projects.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Twins: your mom put the photos into the truck, meaning to take them over to you when you started to be interested in genealogy. Then got distracted.

I don't even think about the family history project I'm dealing with by keeping it out of sight. That's the reason the spare bed is on risers to increase storage room in this apartment.

I'm not functioning well right now, too easily distracted.

Dinner is long over so time to work on the kitchen, including vacuuming again and moving that furniture back to where it belongs. Hopefully I have some fun podcasts to listen to while I work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 pm

good night all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Another successful and productive day. I am feeling blessed.

My schedule for the day was followed almost perfectly......until I arrive home and found DS9 running 102 fever. I knew he was getting sick before I left but I had a small hope that it was just allergies.

7:30am - phone meeting
8:00 - Bible
8:15 - Math
9:15 - Reading
11:00 I left home to spend some time with DGS21. He made me lunch at his apartment then we went apartment hunting (his lease expires next month and he is considering other locations). We tried out a new coffee shop, hit a couple thrift stores, checked a couple stores in hopes to find an electronic device I'm considering buying, stopped by his phone carrier and he checked his options to trade phones and then did my list buying at Sam's. I arrive back home 6 hours later.

I have given DS9 Tylonel and had him gargle with salt water. That seems to be relieving his sore throat symptoms. I checked his throat but don't see anything red or white - everything looks to be the right color and not swollen. If he is still running a high fever tomorrow then I'll take him to a walk-in clinic to make sure he doesn't have strep. I have set up the humidifier in his room and will give him a second dose of Tylonel in another hour. Hopefully, his fever won't spike during the night.

I text DD and told her about DS9 because now DGD6 has been exposed to the germs. Whatever it is, there is a good chance DGD6 will come down with it too. DD will be picking DGD6 up in the morning. She offered to pick DGD6 up when she got off work at 2 am, but I opted to not do a middle-of-the-night pickup and let DGD6 sleep here all night. If DGD6 starts running a high fever then we will reevaluate this plan.

The guy who owns the car wash (MPB) called and basically begged DH to help him troubleshoot a problem. DH has been gone several hours doing that. I just hope DH stays off the 12' ladders. What he used to do years ago isn't something he should do now. IMHO
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:14 am

LadyM, I truly hope your dh stayed off of tall ladders, too. Wouldn't it be wonderful if your dgrandaughter somehow didn't get the bug! Feel better ds9!

Lynlee, I meant to say I was happy for you that you are all clear of the cyclone.

I have studied through the day off and on, both health and quiet time. I read in the driveway, sitting sideways in the driver's seat of the truck, while letting the hens go for their grass adventure. Had started off sitting at picnic table, but it got COLD. Eventually, Ophelia took off into the woods anyway so I had to go chase her. She's not a team player!

Towels are tumbling, but I think I'll let them go until morning and fold then. Already done with evening routine and they're not dry yet.

Do we do toothbrush recommendations here? :D I look for soft ones, as per dentist's preference. The new (or new here) Col gate ones with the big numeral 48 in white on the front (for "48 percent softer bristles") have turned out to be a good purchase for us. Package also says "360", and also "enamel health". Don't know which words are part of product name and which are just features. Anyway, these seem to hit a balance between being really good at cleaning and gentle to gums at the same time.

Return to “Post When You Can”