Philosophical Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Philosophical Friday

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:38 am

Watching how to clog vids today. They are above my skill level lol! Pratice practice practice.

Journaling is done. Animals have been fed. I slept well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:53 am

hi d nancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:53 am

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:55 am

Elizabeth, my aunt did something similar in her dementia. One visit for a meal, she thought I was my mom and got agitated because dh and I only had 2 children with us. She kept asking where the other child was. It took me a few minutes to realize she was thinking she was looking at my mom's kids (3 girls) instead of my boy and girl.

The painting is done! The heat is turned up, windows are opened and we're heading off now for lunch out. Hopefully the worst of the smell will be over by then. If I feel sick(er) when I get back, I'll take my computer and head out again to write the sermon. The service is all written now. I even wrote the call to worship myself since another resource, which said something else entirely, triggered exactly what I wanted to say so the words flowed easily. Hopefully the same will happen with the sermon. As I've been working, I've been adding notes to my sermon doc.

Blessed: Thanks for the link

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Will try to post on my iPad. Still no computer. Had a decent night sleep for a change.

Hugs, Kathryn, for it all.

Dsonil called about an hour ago. His card wouldn't work because he'd left the state & he couldn't reach dd. I reached her by calling the school & she'd actually talked to him & was on the phone with the bank.

Had anew battery put in my iPhone Tuesday & am having same issues. Hot when charging or in use and draining battery quickly. It's been unplugged two hours & already down to 35%. Nothing running. Guess I'll have to go to ATT & take my receipt for new battery. I am very reluctant to get a new phone -still paying for this one. Grrr".........

Dh is still talking about how much he enjoyed being able to go up home last weekend.

Took dd to dinner yesterday for her birthday. Dsonil came back home afterwards & we went on to the hockey game with her. Nice evening but I'm tired. Did get out & got a 2,700 step stroll in.

Signing off.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Blessed: my one question why is FlyladyKat putting these things up for free on Youtube when her mentorship is supposed to be part of FlyladyPremium, a paid support service. Liked the video, though.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi d kathryn... she has a Patreon account for $5.00 a month, I belong to this and enjoy it but think she should charge more for it). She does tutoring, (it is what I call it - privately), where I think she earns money. Her Patreon videos usually Monday through Friday (most weeks).
I know she is part of that service but it is, I believe, $50 to FL and not sure what the individual mentor gets.

Dianne in Denmark also does work a long with her timer Monday through Friday. I think she has about 12 K subscribers - she is very stream line

Happy Birthday to your dd d dee!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:13 pm

my morning routine is done. I am a little ahead on laundry.
still struggling with putting laundry away while warm. I have a basket of white laundry sitting in the dining room for 2 days ;)
Sheets are in the washer

Next routine to work on:
animals
I gave them their meds and food early this morning, cleaned out their water bowls etc.
but I still have to give them exercise (they are going crazy right now) and I have to brush them a little.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:36 pm

[quote="blessedw2"]
I have a basket of white laundry sitting in the dining room for 2 days ;)

No worries. I just brought in 3 sheets that were hanging in my garage for days and days.

Philosophical: huh, I had a nice talk with myself, to get my chores done so I'd have a bit of time this afternoon. The afternoon is marching on and I'm still busy. Too much to do around here. I've been to lazy this week and it's piling up.

Kept getting interrupted here, phone calls, faxes, washer beeping done, had to get food, etc. etc. had to type something else... but here I am.

So far I've: S2S work clothes. Hot rollers after I came back from bank. Phone calls to bank and iffy check is good so I went and deposited that and another asap.

Dragged big throw rug outside, hosed and scrubbed with scrub brush. Too heavy for washer. Rinsed, turned over and did other side. Hosed out plastic hamper and have rug hanging over that. Heavy heavy thing. DH uses it on end of kitchen table to rebuild his tools (air nail guns, etc.) and usually only needs shook out, but this one left a lot of grease. Nasty job.

2 LOL done and hanging. All the whites and work clothes. I need to do mine but I'm out of hangers and rack space.

Checks to the mail in time. Cold again today. It has been 10° colder than normal this whole month so far.

Most of my dailies done, not all. Will finish those and maybe go out and run my errands.

Kathryn, your walls shouldn't need this done every year. Were they like this when you move in? I'm thinking the inside of your walls must be getting moisture from somewhere, from plumbing leaks from other apartments or somewhere around windows or the roof. Nice that they do it though.

Dee, sorry about all your computer / battery problems.

Need to move along.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:23 pm

you're so sweet d harmony!
Dragged big throw rug outside, hosed and scrubbed with scrub brush. Too heavy for washer. Rinsed, turned over and did other side. Hosed out plastic hamper and have rug hanging over that. Heavy heavy thing. DH uses it on end of kitchen table to rebuild his tools (air nail guns, etc.) and usually only needs shook out, but this one left a lot of grease. Nasty job.
Well done!

You are a very busy person with you and your dh's work etc. so I think you are doing great!

thanks for making me feel better!
I always assume other people (my d mom is born organized and all my d sis in laws are born organized) automatically fold and do a put away all the time.
it's not my biggest thrill to do laundry put away

Return to “Post When You Can”