Philosophical Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Philosophical Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:25 pm

animal care for this morning done - even getting rid of the gross stuff. 8-)
also cleaned out dryer vent inside and out - it did not take long ;)
Lunch eaten and all dishes are in the dw - I will wait until dd younger gets her dishes. :D
dining room zone
clean the windows inside and vacuum in-between
timer on 15 minutes

dd younger has to pull her sheets for her to wash

the floor in the kitchen needs vacuuming and rinsing but I told it (the job) I can't do it now are maybe not even today.
today is more of a heavy clean day even though I am not having the energy or the speed for it. It's more a just get it over with (15 minute jobs)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:40 pm

I am having SOOO much trouble with my homework! The queries take forever. (Homework here means a training assignment, now 2/3 done)

I have put a bill in the mail slot.

My connection just timed out. <SIGH> Maybe it's lunchtime. Maybe I can finish the so bad it's funny book. Will our heroine ever learn to lock a door? Will she ever take her mind out of her pants? Will I leave a post it note with a review in the front?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

I was thinking it was Fri. Yesterday had the pizza last nite. Ineed a plan for dinner. Taught the dog a new trick to spin she even hops a pit been working on it since she was a pup yea for success! She works harder for pizza lol! Lunch is over our walk is in a bit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:19 pm

I hope it works out d Elizabeth - hope you have a lightbulb moment and all the information makes total sense ---- right Now!

hi d nancy so cool on your d dog learning that trick!

took 2 x 15 minutes on dining room windows - opened them inward and washed them. I did not wash the big picture window outside because it is at freezing right now and that would not do well

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Next for dining room
find repair person for new screens and repairs on windows. left a request for a phone call back - I need someone to caulk the upstairs windows and repair a window - just wait for them to call me back. :D

superficial vacuum and swiffer rinse dining room and living room . done :D
feeling a little tired - keep going ... just keep swimming - I kept swimming today :D

did 2 x 15 minutes in living room (project room) by removing wall paper and clean up - surprised that I got 5 feet accomplished :D
superficial vacuuming in kitchen and family room and then I am done for today. :D
the 10 minute a day home blessing is working well for me. :D Sometimes it is 15 minutes but no more.
Today was a heavy cleaning day but I am done for today except for putting away my laundry - then time for me - but I do have to put away the vacuum cleaner which I left out for 4 days and have tripped on it, with my family, for 4 days 8-). vacuum cleaner put away finally 8-)
left message for one of the doctors that dd needs to see next - :D filed her card in Monday just in case I need to call on then.
all work for today is done (except night time routine and after dinner routine as well as yoga tape to help with shoulder. shoulder is feeling spiffier and spiffier each day :D
refiled my 3 x 5's for the next day and pulled dining room jobs for tomorrow's zones

dd younger is really nauseous and has a migraine :? so frustrating that she has to miss another day to illness

I was thinking of our sweet d helia! I imagine her and her dh running sprints around Michigan!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Harmony: yes, every year. At least one or two rooms need doing. Sometimes repeat work (poor work done before things have dried out after a leak) sometimes new spots. Sometime reasonable (outside walls next to windows that leaked or below or above windows that leaked), sometimes semi-explicable (the spare bedroom spot is an interior wall but that same wall is directly below the exterior patio wall of the penthouse and 2 years ago that leaked so badly it flooded the apartment bedroom below), sometime inexplicable (the bedroom wall that gave way started at a spot 8' away from the window (which had leaked into the concrete but not my apartment) and there are no pipes in that wall at all. We are 22 out of 25 floors so roof leaks don't hit us.

The windows now all leak. I'm hoping the caulking done last fall will stop that but we haven't had a major storm yet to confirm success. We do know the leak in the office window isn't a caulking issue but the super thinks he can fix it.

When we moved in, none leaked and by last year all leaked, some badly enough that we keep towels below them. They are 50 years old this year. Never replaced. It is amazing they've lasted this long given the winds.

It is the mess from all that leaking that is causing this round of repairs plus a few spots here or there that are just old plaster bubbling because of the motion of the building. You have to remember the building is moving back and forth quite often. Often enough and with enough motion that I have to adjust my paintings and clocks on a regular basis.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:00 pm

We went to the bagel shop for lunch. It was really cold walking home due to the wind. It is blowing hard enough that people couldn't open the outside door at the lobby. Thankfully we were properly dressed but it was unpleasant.

I'm still turning the sermon over and over in my head. Listened to a bible study on the point I wanted to explore and have more notes to follow up on.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:04 pm

I'm home from dmom's house. Dumpster is set up there, and dnephew and I worked getting stuff into it. I did a lot more kitchen clean out while he worked downstairs. He also took everything I had bagged out to the dumpster.

I am tired. Going to nap for one hour hopefully. Dd has gone out of town with kids for a youth event, I don't know what time dh will get home. We'll have shabbat dinner without challah this time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm

You are doing Good work d twins! Glad you had help from d nephew

Hope the super gets your home and building repaired soon!
wishing you the best d kathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Next me time
no timer, just me time

pulling french
--------------------------------------------------

I loved that I only spent 15 minutes a day in the zone room - I added it up and in total this week I did - 75 minutes without all the stress.
Rah rah rah

my home blessing at 10 minutes a day didn't touch the entire home blessing but I made a dent without the stress. (still a lot of I don't wanna's though :lol: ) so that added up to 50 minutes

My daily outside swipe and inside fast swish of toilets makes a difference at 5 minutes for the 3 toilets.

I dejunked one thing per day this week - nothing grand but still 5 things gone

I hope I can do this next week - but consistency is never my thing as I am always sidetracked 8-) ;) be positive ... keep on swimming!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”