Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:27 am

Do you have a lot of "wheels" turning toward upcoming plans or responsibilities?

There may be some that are not in motion yet, so maybe we need to set them on their course!

What are you making sure has a good start today?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:10 am

Thanks for the great start today Harriet. Do U have your green on happy St. Patricks day to all who celebrate. Waving to all who follow!

I have had my coffee animals are fed. Journaling is done. I am considering sewing a bit today in a whole. But first I need my breakfast. I showed hubby the dog doing a spin last nite he has been working with me to teach her that one too!

It is home and garden show weekend but so crowded you cannot relly get through and enjoy it so we have not been, dson builds the best outdoor space set up for their yard work co. At it w fountian etc. hate to miss seeing that, some years have even found a (lavendar) plant for my garden at the green house booth.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:29 am

Quiet morning in the village!

Dh and I are going to dmom's house this afternoon for more work. He's also trying to guilt ds into going to help. Dfriends are taking us out for dinner tonight - I'd really rather not, especially with bar traffic tonight, but it is what it is. THey want to go, I think dh wants to go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 am

Good Morning, Harriet and all. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm taking a quick break for my second cup of coffee. Weekly routines are started; the floors still need swept and mopped (this is wet swiffer week). I have a couple of loads of laundry to do. This afternoon I want to do some yard work. There are a couple of piles of leaves that need bagged up and I want to do some more weeding in the front garden. My amaryllis has been blooming the past two weeks and some are going to seed now. I think I will collect some of the seeds. A cousin from Alabama sent me some spider plant (cleome) seeds. I will have the white and pink ones. We used to have these growing in our yard when I was growing up. I want to plant these soon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleome

Here's a link to the Temple Bar in Dublin: https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/ ... =templebar
These people do know how to celebrate!

Lady M, I hope ds9 is feeling better.

I better get started...see you later!
Last edited by Sunny on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:05 pm

dsecondbil and dstepson called and asked me for the truck trailer this a.m. They have come and gone, on their way to Tractor Supply for something. Dbil brought a window fan for HRH's office that might be nice - jury is out on that.

I tried a quick-cooking steel cut oatmeal today and although the taste is really good I didn't eat more than a taste-test. I had a worry-wart attack, I guess. Started thinking, so this is still the good bran/husk of oat, but we're counting only on finer cutting to allow it to cook in just 5-6 minutes. Wondered if teeth and gums might not like the result of the tiny bits I could feel in my mouth... .. hmmm. I tossed it. Not my thriftiest moment, but it's okay. Life is too short for worry. Made up a meal of Old-Fashioned I had on hand before I allowed my mango cubes into the bowl, lol.

I must set wheels in motion for the monthly report. Transposing is done, reconciling is up. Don't know if we'll see ds' family today.

Hope you have great luck with the amaryllis seeds, Sunny! A friend of my mother was named Amaryllis - many flower names for girls but I always thought hers was so very pretty. I must check out that link.

Noticed my tiny jonquils are blooming by my back door. They are always later than what I consider the daffodils. I assume I have that name distinction right.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 pm

I'm s2s except I need to dry and style my hair. I henna'd today so I have that touch of red I had as a child with Irish heritage.

I've done one full load of laundry and started the next load.

Bedroom is tidied.

"My" curling team managed to win the tie breaker they needed to get into the playoffs. They are playing their nemesis first so will likely not proceed. I'm not sure they've ever beaten this team but have lost to them 4 times in the past 10 days so recent history doesn't bode well for the match that starts at 1.

Sermon is just finished. I thought it was going to be way too long but it is the perfect length. Bonus!

Lunch in the microwave just beeped.

I need to be out of here at 1:40 so I'm on time.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:32 pm

I’m being lazy today. The last few days have been kinda hectic, and the next couple will be too. Just vegging out, watching basketball with dh... and probably sleeping some more. I’ll s2s later...
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 pm

My wheels are turning turning. I am busy today.

I finished up the laundry, the washing that is. I don't always get it folded and put away the same day. It is different when one hangs everything up. If I start early enough in the day it might be dry late afternoon depending on the weather. But later, and if the humidity is high it needs longer to hang. If I spread it out more it would get done sooner but then it wouldn't be under a roof and I would have to worry about rain. So I get it done when I can. I got 1 big load folded and put away.

I had an a-ha moment here. Every single spot that is messy and dirty are DH's spots. Every. Single. Spot. Everywhere he sits to do some sort of activity. His spot at the kitchen table. His office. His end table by his bed and around it. His place in the bathroom. His shop. My garage which has his overspill from the too-full shop. His trucks. His recliner and end table in family room. The dining room where he has a project all spread out. I clean up after him like he's a little kid. :x

We are going to have a conversation later.

We have both been working too hard the past few days and we are both in a mood.

Truck is out at friend's house for him to work on wiring and lights. We've been unable to diagnose the problem. I had to go out to country to pick DH up and bring him home. I tried to get out again yesterday afternoon and had to come back to pay someone.

Ak! I am not having a good day. At least the spots I have tackled are looking better and I'm happy about that.

Sunny, I planted Cleome once in the planter out front. DH was not impressed. You have to admit they look a bit weedy. I do have four o'clocks growing and I like them very much. We are both wanting flowers from our childhood I guess.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Today has been a wonderfully slower paced day than normal. I was up several times during the night checking on the kids and I can tell by my lack of energy that I didn't sleep well. I'm hoping for a better night sleep tonight.

DS9 didn't sleep well but thankfully his fever didn't spike during the night. He is feeling better today and fever is staying down so I'm hoping his immune system is able to handle it.

DD came and got DGD6 about 9 am this morning. DGD6 was her usual high energy chatty self. No sign of fever.

DGS21 came for lunch and stayed a couple hours. He worked until noon and needed a place to hang out until time to go to his 2nd job. He's going to babysit DGD6 this afternoon/tonight at DD's home.

In between other things I've been working on doing some batch cooking. I have weighed/measured/packaged 13 servings of raw vegetables (cherry tomatoes, celery, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, petite carrots). Then I started with the cooked vegetables doing broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, okra, cauliflower, green beans and salsa. I have 14 weighed/measured servings of those ready. Now I'm working on the carb/grain servings. I have cooked/weighed/packaged 5 servings of sweet potatoes, 4 servings of red potatoes and have IP cooking quinoa now. I have pinto beans soaking and plan to cook them later today.

I have oatmeal every morning but never cook it. It is soaked. I like the ease of being able to prep ahead several breakfast meals. I just open the refrigerator door and grab a mason jar containing the ingredients (oatmeal, greek yogurt, applesauce, blueberries, collagen). I keep the consistency of the breakfast meal so it is drinkable. I usually sip it for several hours. Breakfast is one of the easier meals for me to prep & I appreciate not having to give it anytime because I just take a drink when I see it sitting on the kitchen counter.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:24 pm

LadyM, is that the quick cook type of oatmeal that you can just soak and eat without cooking?

I'm still at it. Got a chest of drawers cleaned out and organized.

It is quiet here, I think I'll go stick my nose in my book.

Return to “Post When You Can”