Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:32 pm

I honestly don't pay any attention to what kind of oats they are. I buy whatever Sam's has for sale. I just went and looked at the box and it is Quaker Oats 1 minute. They have several recipes for overnight oatmeal
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Dh rented a different post hole digger this morning. He kept watering those areas where he wanted to dig posts and finally he is able to dig them. It looks like he will finish them today. One hole had concrete in it, so he is having to dig and chip that out before he can do anymore on that hole. We haven't seen anything of the little guy next door. I am sure he was wondering if dh was ever going to get with it on this fence. With the language barrier it is hard to explain, if he doesn't realize the wind was a factor, along with the cement hardness of the ground.

I am working on laundry. I have steaks marinating for dh to grill later.

It is absolutely a beautiful day out, high 60's and just a slight breeze.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Book swap was successful. I was able to move the parcel locker which was 'too heavy' to move so we installed the library bookshelf in that building. I was so upset I just used that energy to hip-bump slide the locker over the 10" along the wall. The leftovers from the book swap filled the shelf so it is all up and running now. I'm thrilled.

"My" curling team lost (no surprise) so I don't have to care about curling again for a few weeks.

Next up is the pub for dinner. Because of St. Patrick's day we are going over early. It will be crowded later.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm

Sat
Tai chi
bus home
quick dash for lib bks
caught the bus back with lib bks
library
movie - black panter - not what I expected from synopsis.
got more money
walked home
pd for mowing done
read.
wouldhave should have washed towels etc. cloudy again today Sun.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Finally s2s!
I really need to work on my Saturday routine... that is a huge stumbling block for me.

Went to pick up dgs to spend the night.
I’m sitting on the front porch swing, he’s riding a tricycle (!) around the house. He has a bike with training wheels at his house, but not here.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Wheels were turning when I went to the library to get my books, learned what the plan for the remodel on the library is they are putting in a mesinne sp? An open area with books upstairs an elevator.
I walked the ddog around a small park, did a rock drop then home. It was raining.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi!

Our (truck) wheels started turning early and didn't stop for what seemed like hours. First we went to St. Catharine's to go to Walmart and Princess Auto. Then we went to Niagara Falls to get produce (cabbage and potatoes) and some smoked turkey legs for soup. Then we went to the bakery and got fresh bread and I got a Zeppole which they only make around Easter time. Then we took the scenic route home and stopped at a new-to-us thrift store. By the time we got home, it was time for me to head out to knitting.

I left and dh put away all of the various groceries, including using the Food saver to repackage the meat so he could toss it into the freezer. He also made us a boiled supper with pease pudding. (Yellow split peas go into a cotton bag when you put the meat in, and you have this mushy yellow stuff along with the boiled supper.)

I came home as dh was taking the meat out of the pot.

He moved the stuff from the washer into the dryer and put all the rest of the clothes into the washer.

First time that I have sat down here since earlier this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 pm

LadyM, you are so prepared!

Truck is back and I got a big cardboard box out of their trip - I'm collecting cardboard right now in case it helps me with garden bed.

Have been a part of phone calls today regarding who's still willing to lead in singing. One of our men says, "Love you guys, but I'm at the beach!". 8-) (he's teasing us - says he'll be present but only to give us a thumbs-up from the back pew, not comfortable with participating right now) The other hemmed and hawed but was also teasing - he's decided he will be there and will lead. (whew) Decision from our alto (also our sub pianist) is sad but not unexpected. On an indefinite basis she will be attending another church. At least there will be the two of us to stand beside each other Sun, so we will look normal, but there will be a pall over things.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 pm

My veterinarian neighbor has always used the overnight recipe on the McCann's steel-cut can, and used to try to get my dmother to try it, back when she was still cooking a lot. I think it's one sentence. Something like, boil for a minute, turn it off, let it sit there overnight and the next morning, ready to eat. I have, for SOME reason, decluttered enough around here that right now I don't have any leftover cans to read! Who'd have thunk it!

Anyway, I have always just cooked in the a.m. I eventually decided on 20 minutes of boiling for steel cut to get it to consistency I like. Everybody's different. But you can see how dvetneighbor thinks I'm crazy. But in my mind, I'm going to be cutting up fruit, maybe making coffee, etc., and what... ... I'm going to run out of morning work in the kitchen? lol! Plus, I want it hot somehow, right? So I would just cook. But I do as much Old Fashioned as anything these days and truly love it.

I'm S2slippers and after some evening routine stuff it's time for a scrunchie and bed.

VERY GLAD to "see" everyone we saw here today. Missing a few.. ..

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 pm

Harriet, I hope your church survives all these changes.

Hmmm never knew you could eat oatmeal without cooking it. I do put it in oatmeal cookies, and it's not boiled but just baked...

Long session getting the master bedroom tv reset. Again. Happened once before many months ago. Manufacturer of TV really couldn't say what we did to get it going again. This time lady wanted me to attach something else like a game box etc. to see if cable was ok. No I don't have anything like that to attach. After asking her to help me go through the remote buttons and menus, and I had to ask several times, we did exactly what I'd been doing and up comes the picture. Big sigh.....

That's another 2 1/2 hours I won't get back.

Turns out DH shoving things in his end table drawer bumps the remote which sits there. The TV remote which resets everything... or gets it all mixed up..... he now tells me that's what happened the first time also. Too much stuff swirling around him all the time.

We did have our conversation about all this. Let's see if there's any difference for a short while at least. I guess I've been too lenient with him all these years picking up after him. Shoulda put my foot down 25 years ago. Oh well.

Return to “Post When You Can”