Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Pub was 1) too crowded and 2) not serving fajitas (too dangerous in the crowd) so we walked over to the new artisan pizza place that dh has been going to. The pizza was very good, especially the crust. Very, very, light on all toppings. I think mine had 14 pieces of pineapple on it in total. From a hearty pizza point of view, it was a failure. From a tasty meal which should not have too many calories because there was nothing to it, it was wonderful. And expensive. Over 2x what I pay for Dominoes which we turn into two meals.

We came home and I binge watched tv all night.

I've set up two meetings next week. One to view an apartment and one to meet with an agent who is connected to high-end rentals (she'll arrange to rent out condos for investors.) I really feel it is important to have a handle on what is available because I feel my building is falling apart and it is conceivable we'll not be able to live here. Dh is not happy with me but I need to know what our options are.

Last fall, one of our neighbours had their window break from the wind. Today, dh admonished me for banging on the window to startle away the pigeons that have taken up residence on the ledge outside our bedroom window. I agree, it sounds like the window will fall out. It also sounded that way when I wiped the window while cleaning it. Yet, the windows are not on the list of things to be replaced in the next 3 - 5 years (despite being the reason the walls are falling apart.)

After dinner we put the vertical blinds back up. I used the fact they were down to clean them which meant I got the plaster and paint from the last wall repair (when we had not taken them down) off so they look better now.

I'm off to bed now. Dh has set up a telecon tomorrow morning so I won't be going out to the village for church. I might go to the city church instead. Or work on business stuff until my service.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday Setting Wheels in Motion

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:07 am

It is pouring down rain, walk w the ddog a bit bs was up into ack land. Dog got a free shower lol! Not goid weathef for a bbq I should have made a stew!

Return to “Post When You Can”