Monday Moments

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Monday Moments

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Waving, blessed!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:56 pm

On my iPad which isn't always easy. Slept very well last night. Nice for a change.

We took my phone to AT & T. :cry: They can't do anything. Updates are all there & has a new battery so they had no solutions except for me to contact Apple & explain what's happening. So will try that avenue. Did ask them to look up when our phones will be paid August 19th. But that will only lower our bill by $30.

Need to have dd get this iPad wiped clean too.

Just have to heat dinner. It was prepared yesterday but we were all too late to eat. Dd texted dh earlier that she'd be late today. Guess is she's trying to finish up the yearbook. She won't have that responsibility next year for which she's grateful.

Just finished switching up some items going north with dh. I am making sure to list each item & which box they're in. One box can stay closed till I get there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Home from town and stopping to finish my lunch before starting the next thing.

DS9 first class at homeschool coop was a success. It was 90% hands-on learning about chickens, quails, ducks and rabbits. He made friends with one boy his age. There were 3 other boys near his age there but they were sitting on another side of the classroom so there was no interaction. After the class, those boys started doing pokemon cards. DS9 might take his pokemon cards next time and see if they are interested in including him. I'm not going to encourage this but won't restrict it either. I'm not a fan of pokemon cards. If you have never bought any then you would NOT BELIEVE how quickly you can spend $$$$ on pieces of cardboard.

We made one extra stop on the way home. The shoe store. ugh. DS9 keeps outgrowing his shoes at an unbelievable crazy rate. I buy them with about 1/2 - 1" space between the end of his toes and the end of the shoe. He outgrows them in about a month. Because his foot is growing so fast I don't want to buy cheap shoes because I want him to have good support while his bones are forming. So it is just a fact of life to spend $$$ every 3-4 weeks on new shoes for DS9.

I packed my lunch today. DS9 wanted to eat pizza so I bought that for him. While he ate his pizza, I ate my chicken, sweet potatoes, carrots, okra, tomatoes, celery and sunflower kernels. DS9 thought I might get into trouble for eating my food there. I told him if they said anything to me, then I would tell them that I was allergic to the ingredients in their food so I can't eat it. I honestly don't think anyone there paid any attention to what I was eating. I don't want to offend anyone, but I could care less what they think. My food is my food. Nothing more nothing less.

Dee - a mom at homeschool this morning commented that she can't keep a cover on her iPhone or it will overheat. Maybe taking your phone cover off will help?

Time to gear back up for homeschool lessons. Only 2 more hours to do today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 pm

glad you slept well d dee last night! I am so sorry about your phone!

d lady d lady I love your quote of using time wisely!
So happy the co op went lovely!!!
it is true that those things (pokemon etc.) add up quickly!

hi d lucy!

I did 15 minutes in zone :D front entry/front hall (ours here - if you are struggling or don't know where to start see the cleaning focus) and had to do 10 minutes put away after it. I have had a picture on the side of my pie pan at front door for over 2 months. I finally found a place for it.

10 minutes in blessing area - family room - quick dust, quick vacuum, wipe window done :D

BWP: Laundry room 15 minutes - the usual. swipe machines, dust room, dust under shelves, vacuum room, swiffer rinse, was a door or where spots are from when d dogs come into the house. :D
BWP: kitchen 20 minutes - missed microwave

project area - done - did 15 minutes of wall paper removal - :D I can see the damage from the water leaking through windows. 10 minutes of clean up and put away from my work.

and I have to do my gym/exercise routine.- only thing left
paperwork special
play
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Still hanging in here...
Tornado watch till 11:00 pm...
Ironing till... ???
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:01 pm

I did another bit of cleanup on the patio area.
Plus a round of decluttering in the storage zone.
I have changed the green table cloth for blue one.
Wtg everyone.
Yea for more progress!

Got the library book that I had requested it came in.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:08 pm

stay safe d lucy! that iron is giving you a lot of work! I think your iron and laundry need to have a talkin' to 8-) :!:
wonderful on your progress d nancy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Weather IS kinda interesting, y’all...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 pm

When I'm finished posting, I'll look at what is interesting Lucylee from the top of Mount Ironmore!

I had a delightful day. Piddled away most of the morning but did get the fresh sheets on the bed and washed up some blankets to get rid of more of the plaster dust. Vacuumed the apartment again and dusted the office. Still need to do the rest of the apartment (did it on Friday but it needs it again.)

Ds dropped by and we chatted while I made up a veggie tray. The book I'm reading is all about changing one's environment to deal with triggers. In this case, it is my favourite foods that would be a trigger so by munching on veggies all afternoon while we visited, I would be able to make do with less schnitzel at dinner.

Dh had errands to run so ds drove me and we stopped at the grocery store and picked up fresh berries so there was a fruit tray for dessert (dd has more will power than me and was willing to have schnitzel and spatzle despite her doing low-carb but she didn't want a cake or ice cream for a dessert.)

We had a wonderful family time before dinner. Dgs was eating his snack when we arrived and at one point ds asked him "What's up?" and dgs looked up and pointed at the ceiling! Yup, that's up!

After dinner we played two rounds of Codenames. Dd and dsil got the game last fall and it is now a family favourite (https://www.amazon.com/Czech-Games-0003 ... B014Q1XX9S)

I've given ds and dd a day of skiing on Wednesday. Dh and I will babysit dgs all day and they'll drive up to the best ski hill in the area. It is alarm testing day here and also dh's conference call day, so it is best we are out of the apartment all day. I've rebooked my meeting with the real estate agent for Saturday so all is cleared and we can do this for the kids.

I'm about brain dead now so will get ready for bed soon.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 pm

We went over to ds’s (basement) when they put our neighborhood in the storm path — but we never went to the basement. Pea-size —marble size hail and some pretty fierce wind and rain — but we’re all fine, no damage.
When I said it was interesting, I was on the front porch and the wind was just wierd — not bad on the ground, but you could hear it overhead — either constant wind or thunder — not sure which.
Window blew out at one of dbil’s rental buildings and there are lots of trees down, roof damage in town.
Looks like it’s all passed us and we’re safe and sound.
Whew.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”