Tuesday Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am

Celebrate what we've accomplished with a list of your ta-dahs today!

Lucylee did that mountain of ironing yesterday, I got dmom to dr appt, and lots more went on.

Celebrate those things, big and small!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:30 am

what a great way to start - I love a celebration!!! thank you d twins!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:42 am

couldn't fall asleep until late (so I turned off my alarm to make sure I get the hours I need) so I woke up at 8:10 am (I don't like waking up late but I can't change my ta dah attitude)

I will be back! have a great first day of spring!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:47 am

Should have started with first day of Spring! We can celebrate that also.

I've s2s, had breakfast and meds, walked the ddog and am about to head out to assisted living to meet with hospice rep to get mother enrolled. I'm proud of myself for getting through yesterday, exhausting, frustrating day. May post more in J&C but I took care of myself (badly) with pizza and girl scout cookies last night while waiting out the storms.

Dnephew filled up the dumpster on Sunday so had to change it out yesterday. Never in a million years would I have thought that would happen. With dsis' son, it was like pulling teeth to get him to get what he wanted out of the house and do some clean up. I worry about what Dbro's son might have thrown out that I might have wanted, but I'm not going to micromanage. That house is too big and too much cr@p too worry about everything.

Once I get done this a.m., I need to work on article for temple bulletin due this Friday, and work on review/feedback for Pro Gen work, due on Sunday? I also need to get my dcousin out to see dmom this week if I can, and I still am wanting that trip to Nashville library and archives that I haven't been able to fit in. I need a day I can leave early, work all day, and get home late. And have the energy and enthusiasm for it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:13 am

Twins: I know about worrying about things being thrown out. I found my mother's dresser mirror and brush set and wondered what happened to the comb. Mentioned it to my sister and she asked what I was talking about. I said, "It will either be a comb with a silver edge, or it will just be the edge if the comb has broken." She thought, went to a garbage bag and dug through and pulled out the silver edge from the comb. She had no idea what it was (and didn't realize it was silver) so tossed it out.

I took it home and mused to my cleaning lady where I could find a comb to fit (they are a special design without a thick handle.) She came back with one two weeks later. Her husband had come across one at a house he was cleaning out and knew she was looking for one!

My mom had saved a note my other sister had written after they stayed there while my parents were out of town. It was a thank you note and explained the pipe for a wooden sailor was missing and when asked, my nephew (who was 3) had no idea where it was but thought perhaps it might have gone down the toilet! My nephew was helping us clean out that day so I took him the note and he wanted to keep it (his mom died when he was nine.) A day later he came to me and asked "is this the sailor?" It was, so that was added to his pile as well. He was too little to remember the incident but now he had a connection to his mom.

That's the joy of doing the work together. On the other hand, there is so much work to be done and you cannot think what might hold a memory for another. You just have to let go and hang onto the memories not the stuff. I still get a sick feeling when I think of all that went into the garbage at the end.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

I've just finished tea. I've been working on my phone. Gasbuddy recently started to eat my battery so I had to uninstall it since a forced stop didn't work, it would keep restarting itself.

I can use it through the browser so will do that but I can't sign in through the browser (although I can on my computer) so I can't update prices for others to use. I downloaded Waze because it has gas prices as well, but those are really old compared to Gasbuddy. It would work in a place where prices are regulated but here the price will change 3 - 5 times a day. So if a place was expensive when I left to go out, it could be cheap when I return home. Gasbuddy would tell me that.

Also, my last Android update wiped out Write as an app (odd since it is a google app) and so I had to reinstall that. I like it because I can make notes with my finger or stylus. It isn't as great as the Note series software but it is good enough for a quick note, especially since I'm pathetic with a keyboard.

So, that's what I've done for the last 2 hours.

I'll eat and then get dressed.

Tomorrow is lost to babysitting all day long and I'll be exhausted when we get home. I don't mind but it will be work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:45 am

A quick hi again to you d twins and you d kathyrn
I have to head out with dd younger for a neurology appointment - I do have an internal ache of a headache so I took something.
take care all!

pulled my cards this morning:
(hoping I can do it today) :D keeping positive
took cards out that are doable in my zone: front hall/entry
took cards out for BWP - bathrooms
I have tons of paperwork that built up over the last 3 days
Project: continue working on living room - 15 minutes of removing wallpaper

tomorrow is my free day!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 am

Twins, I have been amazed from afar at the cooperation you are getting out of dnephew opposed to what little you got out of your dsis' son. I'm glad that the process is moving along.

Kathryn, it is wonderful to watch the bonding and memories that you have with your dgs. I am so happy for you.

blessed, I am right behind you. I woke up at 8:20. Dh and I need to start getting to bed earlier than we have been. I am a night owl and always have been.

Dd2 received a text yesterday from the girls' school. The husband of a longtime para had been killed in an auto accident. This afternoon is the funeral, so they are dismissing school at noon so that all those wanting to attend can. When dd2 mentioned it to me, I told her that the girls can come here. Their dad will pick them up and bring them here. You can tell it's a small school, because so far our 5200 student district has never done that in the 36 years that we have lived here.

Today dgs turns 14. Sunday afternoon we went to dd2s and had pizza, cake and ice cream for his birthday. Dsil had put a video on his FB page, Saturday night. It was dgs13's version of Redneck Bowling. He had 10 bricks standing up and then rolled a tire to knock them over. I was thrilled to see him using his imagination. Living in the country, even half time, has been good for the boys. Them and the 2 little girls cringe when they hear their dm talk of moving back to town. BabyK was entertaining. He seen dd2 doing an imitation of something dgs12 had done while on their spring break trip and he started laughing and laughing. It was so cute. Everytime the now 120+ lb. Goldendoodle walked close to him, he would reach out and pet him.

We were home by 6:30 and had just been here minutes, when it started raining. We also had lightening and thunder with it. We received 1/3 inch of rain. Not a drought buster but it was moisture. Yesterday we had some drizzle and cold temps with wind. A good day to stay in and bake. I baked 3 loaves of banana bread and an apple dumpling cobbler. The girls each picked up a loaf of bread.

Better get around and shower.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 am

My TaDah from yesterday is: clean bathrooms, living room, hallway, and laundry room. I had to wash a load entirely of cleaning towels and rags! Aside from that, I decluttered one ball of yarn into a yarn bombing item. My next stuff to do is all trip prep related: finish cleanup (kitchen, MBR, sewing room, Dd'sroom), LOLs, pet sitter info, trip activity/schedule planning. My time slots are not too good this week. DD16 comes tonight. If she has no homework (unlikely), she can help me with her room. Tomorrow is an animal org meeting. Thursday is DD again, and Friday Dad arrives at 930 pm. Too much to do!

Today, I must remember to check my home email for a message from a friend who called yesterday. I also need to call that friend.

LadyMaverick: Perhaps you can find a gaming store that sells used Pokemon cards. DD can get a lot of them at once for less than $5. In addition, searching for the ones she wants provides several hours of entertainment. The place we go to even sells gift cards.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:04 am

Hello! Rain coming later today. Grass sure needs it.

Dailies all done and I've swept and mopped. Good progress.

Checks to the mail.

Blessed, I hope DD has a good dr. apt.

I hope Lucylee did ok in her storms last evening. I was glad to read she had someplace to go where there is a basement.

Return to “Post When You Can”