Tuesday Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:36 am

I have accomplished a bit got trash out to the curb, breakfasts done, s2s done.
Next up unload dog crate and load spinning wheel, and knitting bag. We have a lovely day for spring tp begin on it is sunny outside.

Have news on more in Tx. Over nite and in Maryland sigh.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 am

Posting from phone while with toddler c at her house
I brought some things to eat
Her big brother had a ball game last night and so she didn't get in bed early enough to come to my house.

Have news from dd19 . She got the job. Have permission to tell but not tell her Daddy until she can call him herself. So have texted her siblings.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:03 pm

I, too, have been paying attention to the news. Not good for so many people.

In particular, I'm following the story about Facebook. I have many idiotic relatives as 'friends' on facebook and they are always doing the stupid surveys. I've given up warning them that the information they give can be used to profile them or even steal identity. The news this time mentioned that it wasn't just the info from the people doing the survey but that of their facebook friends which really spooked me.

I went through my privacy settings once more and realize I wouldn't have been handed over because I don't allow sharing of my info when my friends are using apps (yes, that's one of the settings.) I also don't use Facebook apps at all. So I can't use Facebook to sign in to other websites, thus giving facebook access to other places I comment or services I use.

I already knew facebook read all my cookies each time I logged in and have learned they read all my cookies from after each session as well. Therefore, I now open facebook in an incognito window every time and then close that window so facebook can't associate the cookies put on my computer by other websites with me and add that to the profile of me they sell to advertisers.

I'm in the process of downloading all the data facebook has on me. Instructions are here:

https://www.facebook.com/help/405183566203254

I was spurred to do that by this article today:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lamvo/3-simple ... .mhLjNAkR5

I feel I have to be on facebook for a few reasons:

1. My refugees used it to communicate with me (that will end in a week.)
2. the Residents' association has an open page for chatting and communicating
3. Dd posts a whack of stuff, including videos, to a private group, so we get to see what dgs is up to. While that's interesting anytime, I really loved it when I was away and couldn't see him each week.
4. I like keeping in touch with the people on my friends list (even if some of my cousins are idiots and play games all the time and do stupid surveys.) For instance, dfs announced they are expecting a baby in October over the weekend. I didn't get an email or phone call, it was on facebook. The first time they were expecting, I was the first to know but it was too early and she lost that, plus a subsequent baby. To be honest, I think they announced too early this time; if it is an October due date, they announced right at the 12 week mark or a few days early.

Since I feel I have to be on it, I need to do everything I can to protect myself. It will be interesting to see everything FB has on me (all the photos I've uploaded is one of the things I'll see, whether or not I deleted them.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c89lkfNwp5o diane in denmark - I like this one. the system (started with Pam and Peggy and now FL) I like that she simplifies it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5sjnW1300 FL kat
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:12 pm

I am so so excited for your dd19 d harriet!!! wonderful.
How neat that she wants to share this news with her d dad herself! very cool
Have fun with your sweet toddler girl

D Kathryn thank you for sharing that!
I gave up Facebook for lent and I think it's been great. thank you for sharing that so we all can be safer when we are on FB

D Nancy enjoy your work today (even with all the sad news out their)

by Harmony » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Hello! Rain coming later today. Grass sure needs it.
Yay for you.
Good progress is right! well done. .

d Elizabeth
Your TaDah from yesterday - wowzers BWTG

d Lilac »
so sad. I will be praying for the family!
Happy birthday to your dgs now 14!!!
My dd younger is a night owl as well!
I wish I had been at your home to share your fresh baked banana bread and apple dumpling!

hello all

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 pm

dr. appointment went well for the Neurologist. dd will have to up her meds that the other dr. cut because dd's headaches are coming back. She has one now but she took meds and hoping she won't the get the worst. she is in her bed now.

I am proud of dd - she is trying very hard to keep herself going. Depression doesn't go away (especially when brain damage is the problem) but she is trying hard to do something positive each day. Some days are awful but other days she sees some sunshine!
She is struggling with words and reading. Some days everything is jumbled - no sense. She forces herself to read a book daily so she doesn't loose it all together. I wish their was a job for those with tremendous common sense, good with people and sees through the emotional clutter people get into - very clear thinking and wisdom of an elder and a hard worker (that has to stay home once in awhile when her body causes her problem). Loosing time still but
She has been pro active - not crazy but consistent!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Just a quick check in here while I take a lunch break. I have heard thunder most of the morning, but so far it has been a little north of us. We did have a sprinkle of rain. We are under a tornado watch until 7 pm - 50% chance. Heavy storm coming around 3 pm according to bay news 9.

Congratulations to Harriet's dd19!

Nice to see your light on, Dove!

Blessed, happy your dd had a good dr. appt. Also hope your headache eases.

Hello to Nancy, Harmony, Twins', Lilac and Kathryn.

I just heard the mail truck go by; going to check before any rain starts.
Last edited by Sunny on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Taking a break while eating lunch.

I took a peek at news.google.com to see the headlines. I'm choosing to not read the details. I review my FB privacy setting several times a year but will do it in the near future again to make sure there are no changes needed.

Elizabeth!!! That is a brilliant idea! I had never considered places to find used Pokemon cards. I have looked at thrift stores but haven't found any. I will check out the gaming stores.

This morning has progressed smoothly. Not perfectly but because I have consequences in place it is a no-brainer when things go wrong. DS9 is still in learning mode how to wake himself and get ready on time. Each day he isn't ready to start school at 7:45am then the consequence is applied. There is no argument, no complaining, just acknowledgment and implementation of the consequence (set the time back another 30 minutes for his internet access to turn off). He now loses internet access at 4:00pm every day. I have all of his devices scheduled to disconnect from the internet automatically. Eventually, he will learn to get himself ready on time. IMHO, it is a vital life lesson to learn.

Today's schedule
6:30 OA homework
7:30 OA phone meeting
7:45 Bible
8:00 Math
9::00 Reading
10:00 English
11:00 Science/History
Noon - lunch
1:00 PE & gardening
2:00 Art - painting
3:00 Organizing DS9 bins - making labels.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Dear Sunny - Hello hello! stay safe in that weather!

d lady hope you are enjoying your lunch and your break! I would love you as my teacher and mentor!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:02 pm

I did 2 x 15 minutes of zone work (ours here - entry/front hall)
did 1 x 15 home blessing in the front hall and stairs that go up to the bedrooms. furniture didn't need dusting though - but I keep using my swiffer duster.
dw is on (I didn't have enough dishes last night)
laundry for me to do (dh did 2 loads of his cloths). so far one load in washer. His is in dryer.
dd still has a headache - I felt the barometer this morning but she usually doesn't get hit by weather migraines.

Moving slow today - but I will do 15 minutes in my project area
I also haven't done the bathrooms but I have been swiping daily so I hope that makes clean up fast. I am feeling lazy. 8-)

If you do even 5 minutes in the zone you choose to be in - visit the cleaning focus and mark it down. it helps me (ADHD) stay on task.

Return to “Post When You Can”