Wow What a Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wow What a Wednesday!

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:27 am

quick hi and see you all later (fingers crossed that I can come back here today!)
wishing you all a great day!

I did most of my morning routine (except s2s which is next)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:37 am

Cathy, your friend needs to join a group of widows who do grief counseling. Walking is a good idea, but sounds like she needs some therapy also.

Yesterday our rain came around 6 and we had quite a bit and thunder and lightning. That will help the drought conditions in the area. We are under a burn restriction. I looked up the garbage pickup schedule and determined we can put yard waste out in bins the same day everything else gets picked up (Monday). I told DH and he agreed and we put 4 big cans of leaves out and they took it all! I don't know why we didn't try this before. We've been burning our stuff. But with neighbor crabbing about everything it is better not to.

Yesterday she had a service van of some sort there doing some work in her house. He was there a few hours. I couldn't read the writing on the side of the van so don't know what was going on. I hope she is getting fixed up and finds some peace about it all. We did get our check from the county so we are all done with them.

Today: dailies done. Need to empty DW. I washed all the lower cabinets in the kitchen today. 13 doors and 23 drawers of different sizes. It smells lemoney fresh now. I need to do the top ones still but they aren't so bad...I keep them wiped a lot especially around the cooking areas. Countertops are done too.

Blessed, it sounds like you are redecorating your house. My decorating style is mostly old-and-used.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:51 am

As far as burning, I can see whether or not my neighbours are home, and as soon as their cars are both gone, I will burn stuff. I try to do it early in the day, just in case the smell might bother them. I have heard stories about my neighbour's wife being a bit over the top when she isn't happy about something.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Feeling frustrated that errands didn't work out, leaving me further behind. Dd19 was required to have her actual SS card itself so I drove it to her, also taking the printed-out hard copies of needed paperwork. I was going to make the deposit on the way back so that at least part of the trip was multitasking. So easy to accomplish but I was so preoccupied, I guess, that I forgot. Sigh. The only other errand I combined was getting gas, which I wouldn't have done anyway until the next time I went out. As it was, I pulled into the only station I've seen anywhere that had no gas, and wasted that much time, too, getting turned around in their unusual intersection and figuring out finding another station.

So now it's Wed afternoon, I'm back home with a square-one feeling, and I start thinking that time is slipping by - start worrying.

Ya'll are saying bright things and I do smile at them.

... ...the fruits of dietary indiscretions are coming home to roost

Whack a doodle life via hormones last nite and today hang on for the ride.

Kathryn, we appreciate your technological proactive-ness.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:22 pm

I hardly know where to start today and it's almost noon.

I have started laundry, done most of a.m. routine, altho I'm still in pajamas and haven't walked the dog. I've been flitting around here and there. I "slept" until 8:30 this a.m. - the alarm went off for an hour and a half with me hitting snooze. Trouble sleeping last night - I guess admitting a parent to hospice will cause that? Will dmom live for another upteen years like this? I never dreamed she would live this long, with high blood pressure, diabetes, breast cancer in her 70s. My mind is reeling these days and won't stop.

I need to start writing thank you notes re: my brother.

Temp has dropped here and March is a Lion again. Some snow flurries last night, and snow east of here. I don't want to get out and walk the dog but both of us benefit. We have a freeze warning for tonight.

I have a headache too. Starting out here not too ambitious.

-brush teeth, wash up
-reboot laundry
-change out of pajamas and walk the dog
-get rid of 10 items on kitchen counter by computer, or on desk.
-write a thank you note

Cathy, you aren't responsible for this lady's happiness. She does sound like she could use grief therapy. You can make suggestions but you can't make her take them. She may be depressed, I know it's hard to dig oneself out under those circumstances.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Ok I think things are settling down a bit here now yea!
Laundry is washing it self. I can press a few pieces of fabric while I contemplate what I will do wirh them and other pieces. Ironing has a very calming effect.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:14 pm

Cathy, my neighbors are almost always home. They have just 1 truck and rarely go out together.

A week ago DH burned leaves and he actually brought out the big box fan and set it up to blow all the smoke into our yard rather than hers. We never heard anything from them that time. Whenever anyone walks by (walking a dog, taking a walk) she runs out and talks with them. I think she is throwing us under the bus. They were burning once about a month ago and I looked out and the smoke covered the whole block. I don't even know how you could do that. Somebody called fire dept to complain and a fire truck came out and put it out. I guess they are mad about that. We never would have called like that.

Funniest thing, the windows that face the side of our house have been covered with their wooden shutters. I hope she doesn't think I would bother to look into her house. I have better things to do with my time.

I'm working in a closet right now. It needs cleaned out.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:53 pm

STILL can't get my "favorites" to come up on my aol homepage. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ain't nobody got time for this...

And c*r*a*p* like this just gets me all frustrated and makes it hard for me to go on with ordinary stuff like the routines, etc...
BUT -- I am pressing on.

It's late but I must
* s2s
* go to drug store
* keep dgrands this afternoon for a couple hours or so, before
* church tonight
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Oh — Blessed — I enjoy the videos. They kinda inspire me sometimes to get off my franny and actually DO something while I’m listening to them!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm

I finished that round of tasks, just had lunch and just took ibuprofen.

I need to take dh's shirts to the cleaners and I need to go to the assisted living place and ck in with mother. I left a message with a friend I hope to meet with tomorrow - I was told he had a great story that would work for the temple bulletin "from the archives," and I have until Friday afternoon to do that.

I really feel ill.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”