Wow What a Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wow What a Wednesday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:46 am

Good morning all!

It is a beautiful sunrise here but the fact we are driving straight into the rising sun is the least of our challenges today.

What's going on in your life that makes you think "Wow, how can I get through this?"

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wow What a Wednesday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:52 am

I woke up to 4 emails with only one not being a priority.

CM's father died last night. Not unexpected but she is like a niece to me so that affects me. As well she's the furniture coordinator for the refugee family so that has now fallen into my lap.

The rest of the email were also refugee related. So I have brought my computer with me and dh brought the guitar and he'll take a longer turn with dgs so I can get work organized.

We are on our way there now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 am

hi d kathryn!

I will be praying for her and her family. ((()))

thank you for your work on reddit as well! have a good outing today!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:06 am

today, knock on wood, I will be seeing d sis in law #4 and go to the opera downtown. (last one of the season) I won't do a subscription next year to the opera - I like the music (most), I still am amazed by how that voice can come out of a humble (hopefully) human, but the over dramatics make me giggle (shows that I shouldn't be going 8-) )
Today is Faust

dd younger was supposed to go downtown for coffee with an old high school classmate but she was so sick again. She is disappointed but nothing she can do. She wrote the girl at 5 am and then went back to bed. This time it is a whole body pain. keep on swimming.

laundry is the washer
truth: clean laundry is on the dining room table bc I was too lazy to fold it this morning 8-)
I have to leave at 10:30 as I have to pick up d sis in law at 11:30 :D

HAPPY DAY TO ALL OF YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWnHX0W8ug kat wednesday I won't put these here from now on unless you all like it. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5BwOD8XEeo diane in denmark
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 am

hugs prayers all
CM Twins Kathryn Sadie Blessed Lucylee, and all the rest with a lot on their plate atm.

Equinox no less. The heavens stand still for no one.
Not the sun has been much visible here of late.

taichi with a fuzzy head. I thought of it, and maybe the fruits of dietary indiscretions are coming home to roost. I really cannot think that one lapse is simply one, with no ongoing ripples that call me to repeat and expand any exception I thought I could get away with.
Last week on the trip home from tai chi on bus with fellow student I told/showed this newcomer of a shopping center she hadn't realised was on the next block from the main bus stop in town. Today it was to tell her of the subsequent bus route, and maybe it would get her closer to home.
shopping.
taxi home. saw a car parked up a rock retaining wall along the way. the bashed in side of the car suggests it didn't get there all on its own.

afternoon - pruning 1hr. green bin missed filling for this morning is now full. Maybe a bit more can squeeze in.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:20 am

so nice of you to help a newcomer into your area! very nice!
oops about the car!!!

I wish you the best dearest Lynlee!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 am

flip flopped laundry
truth: laundry is my achilles heel - lazy achilles heel - right now I have 4 loads of clean laundry in my dining room :shock: ;)

time for my morning routine. leaving in an hour.
I have cash, ticket in my purse.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 am

Whack a doodle life via hormones last nite and today hang on for the ride. :roll:

Feed hens then me next up after s2s then laundry sewing zone vacuum and basement us my goal sew a seam as well. Wish me luck.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:44 am

Hi everyone!

I woke up just before 7. Went to the smallest room in the house and then I went back to bed! :shock: I rarely do that.

Woke up again around 9 and washed my face, made my hot chocolate and stitched for a while. Now the dishwasher is loaded and the sink is full of pots and pans and sharp knives soaking in their private spa. I just had some toast. Dh took a loaf of Italian bread out of the freezer last night. We haven't had any in quite a while, so I had forgotten just how delicious it is when it's toasted.

Supper tonight is pork ribs. I'm thinking of making them in the slow cooker.

I was hoping that all of the wise women here could help me with something. Someone, actually. I have recently met a woman a bit older than me in three of the stitch groups I go to. She was "unexpectedly" widowed 5 tears ago. Her husband had Diabetes and he drank. She readily admits to the fact that her marriage was rough. Every single time I see her and we get to talking, she chokes up and she gets a few tears in the corners of her eyes. She has told me that she considered suicide. She still owns the marital home, but says it's very lonely and empty. She has at least one child that lives locally and she babysits her youngest grandchild who is 5 every weekday morning until he goes to school. I have gotten to the point where I don't know how to help her. When I see her on Saturdays, she always tells me how lonely her Sundays are, even though she goes to church. I invited her to come to a WI meeting, but she didn't show up at yesterday's monthly meeting. I have no idea how to suggest that she fill her time. She does spend time with a group of widows that go walking at a local inside track. I was hoping that some of you could give me some ideas on what to do/say for her.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 am

Progressing well here. Dgs won't have anything to do with dh though. He does call out to him constantly but snuggles against me if we go near. Dh has lots of work so it is okay.

Dgs and I are having an early lunch then it will be nap time while I walk him in the stroller.

Email has stopped so I am not falling behind.

Return to “Post When You Can”