who doesn't have 15 minutes Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

who doesn't have 15 minutes Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:38 am

How many times I find myself saying I don't have enough time to do my work or even time for me - more times in a day than I can mention. But what is really part of my putting off just doing what I need to do?

I, kind of, broke it down to different reasons.
1. anxiety of even starting the job because it looks so so much bigger than I want to do or think I can do.
2. perfectionism - how is that possible being an ADHD type of person? - it is - I tend to want it perfect, the perfect dream of how the job should be, thinking too hard of how I can do the job or activity- in other words the all or nothing thinking. Never starting because I had perfectionistic thinking.
3. thinking that 15 minutes is not enough time to get that big job done.
4. over thinking
5. indecision - my ADHD - where to start?
and so many other reasons.

But we can get a lot done in 15 minutes, even those big jobs.

We all have 15 minutes!

Can you put your timer on - 15 minutes??? ( no more than that!) What will you to do today in 15 minutes. I would love to hear!

WE ARE ALL MORE POWERFUL THAN WE THINK.

You've got this!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: who doesn't have 15 minutes Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK6pn_2K1u0 FL Kat for March 22, 2018 Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneHVd1cntY Diane in Denmark for March 22, 2018 Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYVqPQRSnsw kat completing the process

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 am

Good morning, SHE friends.

Haven't been here in a long while, too long.
I did survive the surgery and my main issue of bladder retention, which resulted in repeat UTIs and the colitis from the repeat antibiotics, has been resolved. It was just an overnight stay in the hospital but I have claimed the right of the aged to baby myself the full 7 weeks of recovery from that and the accompanying repair work on 'lady parts.' Besides I hate winter but now that Spring is here in south central Texas I'm getting somewhat back in the groove. Noticed the green shoots around the banana plants at the pool yesterday; they chop the stalks back to about a foot high in the fall and then the new shoots come up around those.

Loved the 15 min post.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 am

Dearest Austin G. I am thrilled you are back and thrilled you are feeling so much better! Very happy that you took time to care for you! Welcome home!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:12 am

Why, thank you, Blessed.

I'm getting very good at taking care of me.
And my Austin son and daughter are very good at it too.
Poor DD was at the hospital with me for 12 hours. She is my med POA but hates mornings, especially 5am check in for surgery times.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:16 am

I have no idea what today will bring :D dd younger may or may not go to d mom's in florida today. It depends on her body and her brain.

Found out d sil # 2 didn't invite dd younger to a dinner with dh's cousins and aunt down there (d sil #2 is on spring break). dd had contacted dh's cousin and he invited her to dinner since d sil # 2 will be at the diner with her family. sigh. I don't get it. I know if my d niece were down there and I was visiting cousins for dinner, I would not hesitate inviting her. dd was sad as she works hard to be close to her aunts especially now that d mil is gone.
Dd younger was with this aunt last week and even told her she was going to call the family in Fl - but no mention of dinner with cousins. :cry:
I don't get that kind of stuff. I love my d sil's dearly but I think the sisters are closer to each other and without realizing it make dd feel like she isn't part of the family when it's like this (especially since sweet d mil has passed). They could and are separating; I think.
oh well pucker up buttercup... try to find the good and move on with grace and kindness but strength.
dh sweet aunt texted dd this morning and told her how excited she is to be able to see her. Such a lovely lady. That made dd feel better even if d sil2 didn't tell her about the dinner.

Morning routines are calling me. dh is still sleeping and I don't want to wake him up to get s2s. I can wait a bit. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:17 am

your sweet dd wouldn't be anywhere else than with you at the hospital d Austin G! what a wonderful daughter!
wishing you the best day ever! So happy you are here!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 am

today's 4 layer cake (fingers crossed :D )

1. routines
2. BWP - up in the air - it is supposed to be errands but with airport drive ? hey always a new adventure - always a good thing.
3. zone: front hall - front entry - cards pulled
4. play - be good day

project 15 minutes in front room/living room: taking down wall paper.

starting late - but cheerful!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:16 am

:mrgreen: No cake here just blue berry muffin top lol! Headed out to the coop & fed hens and the ddog. Happy to say I slept well this last nite, this morning just sipping black coffee, qt & journaling, then my routines, some on the home blessing. We are supposed to have rain here. Not going to turn on u tube till I do a bit in the kitchen first. This is the warmest day. Store run needed have put it off. Did zone work yesterday. Sweep hall & kit. x. To do vacuum.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:50 am

Good morning everyone! Board meeting attended, and I am not president (thank goodness). There was some discussion last meeting of me being the logical choice. Um ... logical in terms of longevity with the org and the board, but my schedule in Work City does not allow me to transact any business in Home Metro Area without taking 4 hours vacation or scheduling concurrent with doctors appointments. Keys have been transferred to pet sitter. Briggs was sneezing while she was there and still is this morning. Last time he had a steroid shot, I think the same thing happened. Of course, he is also an asthmatic cat and the pet sitter is a smoker.

While waiting for the sitter, I finished the kitchen, ran another LOL and put an old one away, and did some MBR cleanup. All that remains before Dad's arrival is remainder of MBR, lick and a promise to sewing room, and an extreme catbox clean.

In the spirit of 15 minutes, on break at payroll, I will figure out Saturday in Sedona, reserve a jeep tour, and get a parking pass.

Harmony: I know nothing of the guy's medical history. I have met him only twice, he is a friend of the camping organizer. She apparently never noticed the whistling until I pointed it out. It is very loud, like you hear at a sports stadium at a winning basket or touchdown. I thought we were going to be kicked out of the establishment we met in. We were certainly getting the evil eye from other patrons.

AustinGranny is sensible. Everyone, young or old, should copy her recovery plan, even the pets.

Return to “Post When You Can”