who doesn't have 15 minutes Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: who doesn't have 15 minutes Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am

I'll just go ahead and post this now. It was supposed to post early. Sigh. Interruption City.

Hi to Austin and hi to blessed. Enjoying your conversation. Austin, that sounds like a wonderful improvement for you, and using recovery time the way it should be used. Best travel wishes to blessed's ddyounger if that happens.

I must admit that after yesterday's post about being down because I saw the day slip away from me, I continued to allow it. I went back to bed for a nap - highly unusual for me. HRH sat up with me in the night then, watching the movie Martian Child we'd never seen from '07. Not his kind of movie, necessarily, but he thought it would be good for me. I was just in a down mood. The Cusacks have always been cheery to me. (stars) especially Joan.

Also a downer that dd19 has heard that her orientation for the job is Sunday a.m. so she will not be coming home for a while, and certainly not on Sunday.

HRH's big family get-together is Saturday noon. So she will likely miss that.

Today I plan to get the bank trip back onto the errand list. Need to go by a store. Will make a list. Today I'll be soaking some beans.

Speaking of that, one way or another I'll start bean sprouts. HRH loved the ones that were the result of changing over to the more Indian/Asian method. But perfectionism nags at me that I don't have the right container to do that as well so I have this "wait until everything is perfect" glitch happening in the brain. Need to be like Nike.

Frost heavy this a.m. Still not the time to do outdoor work.

Norma

Postby Norma » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:22 am

Oh there you are Austin Granny. Miss you. Glad you are getting back together. Keep it up. :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:13 pm

D Norma Hello!

d Harriet
Good morning
I let the day get away from me too - don't worry - the next day is a reset! (just like starting school in September - here August)
I know that feeling. I think it's the ADHD and for me depression when things don't go right or lonely for those I love, that confuses me and cuts my energy that I don't think we can start again! You are not alone in that feeling at all!

I am sorry your sweet dd19 won't be home for a bit. It's hard. (())

HRH's big family get-together is Saturday noon. So she will likely miss that.

D Elizabeth
I am sorry your sweet kitty's care giver is a smoker. She won't smoke in your house will she?
wishing you a good day.

d Nancy

MMMM! blue berry muffin Yum! Glad you slept well this last nite!

have a good day everyone.

So far dd is still going to FL - she is worried about her nut allergy as flights serve nuts and last time she had an issue. Some man was flicking through his almonds and the dust got into the air - not good for her breathing.

I wrote d sil and apologized that dd would be at dinner - sigh she wanted to know if dd would be alone (without my d mom). I don't think she is thrilled but I did tell my mom won't be with which she replied "good" :shock: . saying a prayer it will work out and she and her family are kind to dd (sometimes d sil shows her displeasure but isn't aware that she shows it). I am not like this so it's hard to understand. For me my nieces and nephews are like one of my kids. The more of my family the better. I do think of dh's family and extended family as my and my dd's family. I don't understand why the sisters would think that my girls are not as much family as theirs is.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:27 pm

sat on my franny talking to dd younger and dh for an hour - time stands for no SHE :D 8-)
I can get the swish and swipe in

heading out now to airport - dd is going. I will miss her but praying her flight and taxi ride to d mom's is good.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi everyone!!

Went to knitting group. Dropped off 2 bags of stuff at the food bank on the way home. Dh had come and gone by the time I got home for lunch.

Had a very informative phone call with my brother.

Supper tonight is the left over pasta from Tuesday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:51 pm

hi d cathy

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 pm

I am trying to stay busy. This morning I met with a temple member - he is 86 years young - and got a story from him for the temple bulletin. My stuff is due tomorrow by 3 p.m. I don't know if I can do this subject justice but will do my best.

After having coffee with him, I checked in with mother briefly before she drifted back to sleep. She was at the DR table - they were getting ready for lunch and had managed to get up her and get her down the hall too. Clean clothes, may have had a shower, I couldn't tell. She did know who I was before her eyes closed and she went back to sleep. I don't know that she'll be able to eat lunch.

I texted/messaged both nephews this a.m. to let them know of the hospice designation and that I felt she was failing rapidly. Dsis' dil (my nephew's wife) wants them to visit her - I stipulated no crying, no drama, no kids bouncing on bed. I know mother won't know them from Adam. They never visited my sister - dying or otherwise except for the time I took them. I am just feeling raw these days. :?

I am going to get started. I need to PUPA here and write.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:06 pm

I am back from the store, disappointed bc I was going to get a metal mess kit fot h. Bday gift to put in his bag the onoy had non metal ones. Dang.nsigh will try to think who else has em. Food is put away. It just started to sprinkle when I got home glad for getting done before the rains we heavy.

This might mmake you laugh I am now saving dryer lint in a bag told h to save a pull bottle to put it in for go bag fire prep. :mrgreen: Got foil tuna.

I had a private fb page I did not use deleted that one but it takes 14 days for ot to disappear.

Lunch is over.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 pm

AG - good to see you back and doing better!!

I have been busy since my feet hit the floor this morning, however I have fairly well blown up my schedule for the day. I'm okay with that because I consider the schedule a plan for what I will do if possible. Somedays are better than others.

We were 1.5 hours into homeschooling when a DFriend stopped by to visit. It was very enjoyable but it did take an hour from the schedule. Also we had backhoe here moving dirt and rocks around. That took another hour (not on schedule). Hank always took care of feeding the volunteers at the church's clothes closet and no one has stepped up to take over that volunteer task.......so that was also another hour off my planned schedule. Sooooooo..... I have accomplished more unplanned activities than planned activities today. It's all good though.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Lunch is eaten. I have not done my vacation chores yet. I will do some query work then do that. It was so nice to read a non-moronic book during lunch.

ETA: Just got a call from xBFF for Easter dinner. She listed the guests (I never ask) and the x and the other woman are not among them. Wonder if they are out of town? I celebrated Natl Margarita Day with her and another friend at her invitation. It seems unlikely that I have moved back onto the A list after the Mardi Gras fiasco. What gives? DD and I will go, but I am awfully curious.

Return to “Post When You Can”