who doesn't have 15 minutes Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: who doesn't have 15 minutes Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 pm

I finished with the writing but haven't done anything to the house. I'm going to start there next.

Supper can be salmon - quick to thaw - and squash and maybe green salad.

-empty dishwasher
-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar counter
-hang up laundry in washer
-make the bed
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello everybody!

Hello Austin Granny. I'm glad you are back and doing better now.

I did some dailies and then tackled an omm project. I worked from about 10:00 till 4:00 on one shelf in my closet next to my desk. Big photo project I guess I'll go to our declutter project and talk about.

It was quite a chore and I have a very sore back from standing in one place for so long. I am feeling a bit melancholy from seeing a lifetime of all this stuff and seeing the changes, the people gone, and many of us not in such easy situations these days. It seems like life is harder right now.

I also came across a 1/2" binder I'd put together with all my diet information, the various things I'd tried over the years. I am 20 lbs. heavier than I was 2 years ago and that was an eye-opener to see. If I go back farther, into my 20's, I am 40 lbs. heavier. Looking at the pictures though, I could say that about a lot of us. :(

Time to start dinner.

Harriet

Harmony needs a funny on Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:18 pm

So... .. let's see ... Harmony needs a joke, huh?

I told HRH to put on warm clothes to do the last of the outdoor chores last evening. But nooooo, he didn't need to. Went out in slippers and short sleeves. :roll: He comes back in dancing and hugging his shoulders.

"You okay?" say I, knowingly. :|

And he says, "Oh sure, I'm fine. It's just my blood cells. :shock: They're all congregated around my heart, saying to each another, YOU go out the arms and legs! I'M staying right here!"

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:21 pm

I zoomed through that list. Now to rest a few, then fold some laundry.

Also, get rid of 10 things on kitchen table.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Harmony needs a funny on Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:49 pm

So a parrot flies through the homemaker's window. She vows to care for the bird until someone responds to the "found parrot" signs she dutifully posts all over the neighborhood. But the parrot has anger issues and wont stop swearing at her, calling her all kinds of completely inappropriate names that are not at all within the house rules she has embroidered on her pillows. The homemaker tries everything to get this bird to stop swearing before her mother-in-law arrives for supper. Nothing works. Finally, in desperation she sticks the parrot in the freezer to quell the stream of obscenity.

Even from in there, he can be heard continuing in quite an unacceptable manner, which simply cannot be condoned in a well-mannered household. Then the parrot falls silent. The homemaker comes to her senses, thinking she never really meant him any harm, and anyway, maybe on the homemaker's board someone knows how to train a parrot - they know everything else. She opens the freezer. The parrot hops out with a new attitude, saying, " Dear and charming Homemaker, I really must apologize for how I have spoken to you. I assure you it will never happen again, and from now on my language will be gracious as your lovely home deserves. I just have one question... What did the chicken do?"

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

LOL, Harriet!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 pm

ha ha ha ha ha loved it!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:16 pm

dropped off a treat at d sil #1 and d sil #3 that I had purchased 1-1/2 weeks ago. I wanted to do that before Easter.

d mom was hurt by not being invited to dinner. But I explained to her. Still not easy for dd and dm
It was rude - but remember dh's d mom has only been gone for a short time and that may cause the poor behaviour and keeping things within her immediate family. Even though rude - I think she seems angry and is probably hurting. So dd and I let it go.

I haven't done anything else but did run a couple errands. (not all but made a dent)

dd landed
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:42 pm

AG good to see you.
Harriet too funny!

Returned library books, & did a rock drop.

Dinner was good it was great to see the hens out in the rain getting worms having fun! We had rain wind rain now a lovely sunset.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Well I guess I HAD 15 minutes, but I sure haven’t done anything with them so far.
We ate supper and the dishes are in the drainer now, so there’s that.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”