Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:49 pm

D kathryn
(((for d friends baby who was lost to SIDS))))
It is nice that your have ds over for laundry.
that's strange that the 149 price is not available! How frustrating. Glad you found something

d harmony the work may not look like a lot of anything but it is done!!! great work.
glad you were able to go for a bike ride. Happy dinner making

d twins look at those ta dahs Yay!!!! how sweet about your d mom singing with the chaplain.
Caregiving is a huge job... you do good d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:51 pm

I don't want to go out to empty stuff from car bc its cold but I will do it anyway :shock:
done

dinner eaten (ate too much - I have to start getting back to ww)
dishes in the dw washing themselves
folded towels and dh put it away
washing blankets

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Dh and I walked, me to the store, him as far as his pizza. I picked up frozen lasagna and salad for my dinner, plus a lot of yogurt. It was on sale for an OK price but $1 worth of points. So I was going to buy one but there was a sign on the cooler that said buy 3 and get $3 of points. So I thought I was getting $6 of points but now have to see if they'll give me the points. I would have only bought one if I wasn't getting extra points.

Dinner is done and dh washed up the dishes. It is 7:30. I need another 4K steps for the day so may get on the treadmill since it is almost dark outside. I'm currently under my calories for the day and it would be nice to get 10k steps AND be under calories. It will be the first time since back in February.

I really need to think more about the book Triggers. I think it is going to make a difference in my life.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

I love that Best Self Journal... just don’t want to splurge on the $$ for it... but it looks so neat!

Today I haven’t exactly been up to SPEED, but I
— talked to dmom on phone and walked 30 min while talking
— reconciled bank statement
— went to grocery store for dmom
— took her meds to her for next week, put garbage out for her
— went to bank
— cooked supper and s/s kitchen

We’re going to a movie tonight. Can’t decide which — I Can Only Imagine or Paul, The Apostle.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:20 pm

quick hi - hello d kathryn and d lucy!!!

I didn't get to my project room but that's okay
i am to pooped to pop! :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 pm

My body is saying "I am ready for a break!!" My arms are shaking because they are so tired. But it is a good tired. Yesterday I pushed myself shoveling gravel, raking dirt, moving yard furniture, etc. Last night every muscle in my body was reminding me they had been well used. Today I pushed myself by scrubbing intensively in DGS21 kitchen deep clean. AND moving furniture. We ran into a fantastic buy at the thrift store on 2 chairs for his Living room and a bed for DS9. I helped load & unload that furniture. The bed is very heavy with big head & footboard and drawers underneath it. I hope I don't regret buying something so heavy. I put the bed parts in the garage because I don't have the uuuhmp left tonight to take apart his current bed and set the new bed up in DS9 bedroom. Hopefully, after a good night rest my body will be ready to go again and get it set up tomorrow.

I was over-optimistic on deep cleaning DGS21 kitchen in an hour. He moved the refrigerator out of the kitchen and washed the floor and walls. I spent almost all my time working on the range hood and stove top. DGS21 didn't know you could take the vent hood filter off and wash it. He also didn't know you could lift up the stove elements and wash underneath them. I appreciate his attitude of wanting to learn. He was still going strong when I left today. He said he was enjoying scrubbing everything and was going to continue scrubbing for a couple more hours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:05 pm

I am not exhausted from doing things. I'm exhausted from doing nothing.

I feel like today wasn't a big success. I need to regroup.

I never made it to the treadmill so I'm feeling down about that as well. I did put in the claim for the extra grocery points. It is easy to do online so I did it. I have photo evidence of the sign that confused me, if they want backup for my claim. It is $3 so I'm going to be like a dog with a bone about this.

Ds used up most of his points last week, buying $205 worth of groceries for $5. The clerk couldn't believe he wanted to use up all his points but with that one order he had already added back $26 dollars worth of points so he isn't worried he'll never get a big balance again. This reward program just combined with another one and many people have discovered their points be used up by someone in another part of the country. This will be the second time the program has been hacked but with the combination of programs, there are some really big balances out there. Dd has over $300 value in her program. Me? I had $17 when the programs combined. I spend the points as soon as I get them just in case they are devalued.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Friday - caught up with the washing and dishes - with a friend helper. Lots of chat at the end over lunch for me, and herb tea for her.
I tried a differend arrangement of old lounge cushions for some chest draining head down feet up resting. I fell asleep a bit before the ph rang.
dishes and sink last night.
Saturday - taichi - I was told to be on a corner for a while and was quite at sea at times. I'm hoping learning this is doing my brain cells some good. Certainly its a tiring challenge.
I'm thinking of heading back out for a movie.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 pm

I love the Self Journal setup. It covers a lot of areas.

My OA accountability group requires a daily post that tells if/how we are using each of the 12 tools each day. I had about a week training on each of the tools to learn how to do them. There for a while, I was totally overwhelmed but I am slowly becoming used to doing them. It is still a bit overwhelming but not as bad as it was when I started.
In addition to doing the 12 tools, several of us are doing the 4 G's every day.
1) Great! Something Great that happened
2) A Glitch. Something that went wrong
3) Grateful Something you’re Grateful for. 
4) A Goal for tomorrow
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm too tired to go to bed because I would probably fall asleep the moment my head touched the pillow. I need to stay awake until DGD6 and DS9 are asleep. I have them both in their own beds but they are both being cranky and needy.
This too will pass............

I have started watching a series that fascinates me in a HOW DO THEY DO THAT way. Just like watching the Duggar's because I couldn't grasp the logistics of having/raising 19 children. Now I am fascinated by how sister wives live together and the process they use to select the next wife. I guess I will distract myself with watching another episode and learning more information that I will never use…….
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”