Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:44 am

It's Friday - do you have a lot to get done? :o

On Fridays we often need a little more speed. What do you do to "get up to speed" for a day of accomplishments?

Do you listen to the beat of a different drummer? (maybe conga? :D or other upbeat sounds)

Does the morning cup of coffee, tea, or B-12 supplement seem more important today? Are you a believer in a big breakfast to fuel a lot of work done through the day, or do you eat light to stay light on your feet?

Maybe all you need is the adrenaline push of wondering WHO might drop in over the weekend.... ... this is a very real possibility, you know. :shock: Anything can happen. Who happened to drop by last weekend or the one before, anyway? Does this prospect put a spring in your step? :)

Conga away whatever else needs to happen this week, celebrate your achievements, weave through your home, errands and commitments, and have a great Friday!
said Twins' Mom in July

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

Postby BookSaver » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Harriet.

My main focus for today will be pantry/freezer inventory, menu planning and a grocery run. I haven't done a full stock-up for awhile so we're getting low on some basic ingredients.

I had scheduled grocery shopping for today anyway -- but now that I've heard the weather forecast, it is even more important. We're supposed to get freezing rain and a couple of inches of snow tonight, and possible 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow. Of course, they give worst case scenario and then it all depends which way the storm tracks.

This is the kind of grocery shopping that I don't mind. I have the time today so I won't have to rush. I can wander through the store and fill my cart. As long as I get there by early afternoon, most people will still be at work and the Friday crowd shouldn't be too bad. The end result will be feeling confident that we'll have enough food in the house for at least 3 weeks.

A full pantry definitely lessens my stress levels in winter weather.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 am

BookSaver, I know you'll be efficient on your Grocery stock-up trip. Glad you can get ahead of the weather.

grocery - do ya'll use pre-printed grocery lists? I had taken an old free printable and switched around the headings and space given, to suit our household. For serious trips, I make a copy and start filling in lines. Once I saw a pretty one, but with 2/3 of a column for personal and just a few lines for miscellaneous. Would do better reversing that for our house.

Today HRH has an old friend stopping by - I think that's no more than an hour from now. Front areas of the house have been my emphasis because of that.

Kitchen spiffed. LR neatened.

Next up - swish and swipe of front bath. Listening to that
Conga drummer!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 am

I'm still scoping out my day. Dh wants me to go to temple tonight but I want to see how the day goes first.

I have a hair appt for cut and color at 12:30, then an appt with hospice social worker at 2:30. Between now and Sunday I need to wrap up Pro Gen work and upload it. I also need to complete and email the short article for the temple bulletin.

Conga away whatever else needs to happen this week, celebrate your achievements, weave through your home, errands and commitments, and have a great Friday!

I said that? how nice!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:47 am

Maybe I will wear my flamenco shoes today --- just kidding lol

Hi d Twins!
Can't wait to see your fancy hairdo! enjoy that visit and let them pamper you! best of wishes to you as you visit the social worker!

Love this!

Dear Harriet
Thank you so much for starting us... I always love your writing. it truly chippers up my day!
No I don't have a pre printed grocery list but I do use siri to throw it on my phone or sometimes I will just use the list from the local store that keeps track of my regular shopping. have fun to your dh visiting with a d old friend.

Your kitchen looks spiffy!

d BookSaver
Good morning, to you my fellow villager! ~
enjoy your focus of the pantry/freezer inventory, menu planning and a grocery run.
Stay safe in the weather tomorrow. what a great idea of going grocery shopping today.

hello all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:07 am

I was tremendously lazy yesterday after I came home - I had planned on routines but that went out the window and I laid down and watched the tv :shock: I was exhausted physically and brain wise. probably because of worrying about dd younger.

She did arrive! at first my d mom was not in grandma mode...I don't like **** (mom's name) mode. ddyounger was excited about her work with the life/ADHD coach and mom said I thought you would work with someone to get your weight down. (dd had to tell her again the meds and the sleep shut down her metabolism and that she is working on it.) She told her you are way over weight. Sigh like that makes that any better. dd explained it to her and she said she thinks that helped her understand what she is going through. :shock: Dd older said she is praying d (not so dear right now) mom goes back to grandma mode. We love grandma mode.

A new day - I do need to get up to speed!
Yesterday I only got my errands (most) done and on the home front, I finished my morning routine (nothing more)- and my house looks worse for wear.

Dh and I were going to go to the history museum downtown but with spring break I know the highways will be packed with cars. Yesterday the airport was wall to wall cars and people. dd was almost late for her flight. She was lucky - she got a first class seat at $20 more than the back of the plane - I had gone on the airlines main website and found this seat instead of going through the usual way- that never happens. She said it was so nice - she told them of her peanut allergy and they didn't serve nuts in first class for her. wow. dd said it was great because she didn't have to worry about a reaction. I hope she didn't get too spoiled 8-)

dharriets starting post gave me a positive attitude!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:15 am

After the rains yesterday the hens are all dry and fluffy this morning. I am sipping black coffee. Had breakfast for me fed the animals too. Journaling done. Bed is made. Sunny day on tap for us here the next 2 days. I slept well. Finished knitting a dish cloth yesterday. Have a great day everyone!

Goal today's routines and seam on a fabric bag!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 am

have a great day yourself d Nancy!

Alrighty first things first:
s2s shoes is next :D done. I would rather start with out s2s but I think this is a better way to start. Cheerful day to you all.

in cleaning focus d nancy wrote this - I love it:

A purpose in each direction

Hoping all of us have a day of joy and purpose.

morning routine done :D

so far on animal routine :D
exercised old dogs
gave them meds
let cat come outside with me - we have coyotes so I let her in the yard with me and watch her. (if I don't let her out once a day with me she will find some way to escape. We only stay out 15 minutes and it was cold!
picked up dog/cat p**p so it doesn't get out of hand
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 am

RE: Grocery list - We use Alexa for keeping a list of everything that needs to be bought. Everyone in the house knows to say "Alexa, add xxxx to the shopping list" when an item starts getting low or opening the last one. When I am in the store I look at Alexa on my phone and there is a list of everything that needs to be bought. I know this wouldn't work for everyone, but it is absolutely the best & easiest way we have ever had.

Today I am going to teach DGS21 how to deep clean his kitchen. He has a tiny kitchen in a tiny apartment so it shouldn't take too long. I told him it could easily be accomplished in an hour (hoping I am right). We will be removing everything from his cabinets and washing the shelves and cabinets. Deep cleaning his refrigerator, stove and microwave. Sweep, mop and waxing his kitchen floor.

Today's schedule (I slept late)
10:00 Bible & Math with DS9
11:00 Travel, purchase meat for lunch and arrive at DGS21 apartment by 12:30 (he is cooking the vegetables & rice)
2:00 Go to a home show, then to a local coffee shop with DGS21
5:00 head home - stopping by Subway for supper to bring home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:59 am

Good morning! My evening plans were derailed with a migraine. I did manage to put away most of the laundry, arrange a jeep tour, start a packing list, and extreme clean a catbox. Under the circumstances, I was kicking butt. The reason for the xBFF's invitation is that my traveling companion friend is in town at her house. And I was right about the x and the other woman being out of town. I found out last night that, once again, the x had assumed without checking with me that we would be available for pet care while he was away. I have warned him before about not giving me lots of advance notice. This is the second time he has been scrambling at the last minute, because I was also out of town. There has also been a near miss where I had plans that got cancelled. Why doesn't he learn? The other woman was annoyed, with him not me.

I could not find the parking pass online and may have to get it in Sedona. My WTF for tonight is packing, packing, and more packing. I will also pick Dad up at the airport and feed the car. His flight arrives at 930.

In answer to blessedw2's question, the pet sitter will not be smoking in my house. She is not staying in the house, just coming by for cat care. Of course, Briggs is now sick again with a respiratory virus.

In answer to Harriet's question, I don't use a pre-printed list. I have a notepad in the kitchen. And yes, it is a physical and not electronic notepad. I may make my living off technology, but that means it's work!

Gotta run - meeting time.

Return to “Post When You Can”