Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:16 am

I'm posting without CUOP.

Lots of emails this morning. The other minister has confirmed her churches will be doing anniversary with our church so that's wonderful. She was unclear on whether or not she should do the service prep and I gave her the choice. She's picked not writing the service but will preach on whatever I tell her to preach on. OR to get our refugees to share their background with the congregations and dispense with sermon completely! So I'm off to the races on that.

I've been playing with the numbers as I understand them and believe I'm saving $5 per month over what the landlord originally asked for. While I won't scoff at $60 per year, I won't be taking an extra vacation or even a nice dinner out with my 'winnings.' I've been emailing with other tenants with questions about it.

I need to email my financial guy and get him to increase my monthly allowance for rent.

My meeting tomorrow morning is being put off until the afternoon or possibly indefinitely.

I'm still not s2s but have had a brunch. I was going to have cinnamon raisin french toast but discovered that bread was a victim of the fridge disaster. I thought there was more in the chest freezer but can't find it so had scrambled eggs and a bagel instead. I have a lot of dishes to clean up now.

But first, I need to update my food diary and then get dressed for the day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:28 am

Way to go on helping dgs21, Lady, You are teaching him life skills!

Walked the dog with dd, who came by and yacked awhile. :shock:

I have written a couple of needed cks for dmom and started a page in the back of my BSJ for daily notes about dmom's condition and questions, etc. but dd interrupted that process. I don't know if I posted that dMom was awake last night when dh and I went over. She was a bit agitated but settled down and got back in bed and was awake awhile. Didn't know dh tho.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q245nfbHdPQ kats talk on evening routine (march 23,2018) long one 25 minutes (about)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDmFtoaWlQs Kat's friday March 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5LMXNohoPY Diane in Denmark - always cheerful :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:55 am

just a quick hi - but hoping to come back to say hello to each of you!

I flip flopped laundry
brought laundry upstairs but did not put away yet - but getting there
did some paperwork

cleaned out my purse - look at next week to see if something will need to be in my purse
look at book of errands I haven't done.

taking dh to diner (not my thing - :shock: ;) but I love him so I will take this one on for the team) 8-)
he doesn't know yet that we will be running a couple errands together - lucky him 8-) :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Meeting is done. Migraine is back. What is BSJ?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:29 pm

I am so sorry your migraine is back!!! d elizabeth feel better!!!

d Kathryn-
great job taking care of emails, and cu-op(ing)
have a great afternoon

d twins
well I think walking the dog and chatting goes hand and hand :D
It really is hard d twins. Praying that your sweet mom gets back on a good sleep schedule for her.

hi d lady

Today I am going to teach DGS21 how to deep clean his kitchen.
wonderful - what a help you are and I am thrilled for him each day.
Today's schedule (I slept late)

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Quick post to say hello!

Morning routine is finished. This afternoon will be errands. We will have a quick lunch then go out to pay our gas bill at downtown office. After that we will come back to our W-M for groceries.

We had very little rain from the last winter system earlier in the week. Most of the weather was either north or south of us. It is nice sleeping weather, though, cooler at night.

Re: shopping lists. For a long time I had been using a small note pad to list groceries, etc. I had found an app on playstore called My Shopping List (Abalone Concept). It is very simple and easy to use. You can create multiple lists for anything and has voice recognition.

Anyway, time to get going.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Sunny waving at you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Best Self journal, Elizabeth.

https://bestself.co/products/self-journal
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:Best Self journal, Elizabeth.

https://bestself.co/products/self-journal

Y'all need to look at this. Most artistic pages I've ever seen. If I stopped to do the drawings and the notes and the coloring and underlining, I'd never actually get anything done! But it sure is nice, and free pages to print off too.

But I figured out a way to get things done. I'm going to invite LadyM to come teach me to deep clean my kitchen. I will watch and take notes, hehehehe. :lol:

Couple hours out in the shop helping DH with big heavy lumber. We were cutting some of it and our table saw is dying and growls a bit. I had to come in and put my ear plugs in it was so loud. Helped with the sawdust cleanup. His shop needs a professional organizer.

Spent some time rearranging a couple kitchen shelves. This is one of my hardest things to do. I get stuck in whatever configuration I once thought was good... everything goes in this space or that, and to change and move things around feels like putting stuff out of place. Once I have stuff set, it should stay set in its place. I think I got that way living with someone visually challenged who needed his life ordered that way. Back then I never moved anything around.

Dailies done. I say this most every day. Don't give me too much credit, my daily list is pretty short.

Need to put my fruit hat on and turn up the conga music. Maybe go down to the street and drive past the bank first. Ok that's a plan.

Return to “Post When You Can”