Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Let us know if the 1 hr. Time frame is accurate I need to clean my kitchen too. Watching how to paint roses.
Got some notes on another project.
Did morning routine.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Out at tarjet w dh - waiting in car as my stuff is done so exciting 8-) I bought myself a feather duster - I use the swifter duster and they get pricey after a while

Found out lady mom invited from our favorite bistro invited another woman and her 5 year old without asking - not good - thank goodness dd younger is there - we will never invite someone who are not good friends or family - wow -so instead of 3 people - the woman and her 2 teens and someone not invited - a waitress from the restaurant w her 5 year old - she’s a lovely woman but they should have asked
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:14 pm

tarjet put away (fill up done)
dh and I had a lovely time
bought a book for d gr. niece (gosh I am getting old) and sent it out right away.

dh went to the post office for me (yay)
and he is going to the cleaners for me (double yay)

before working on house I will make up new baby card

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:24 pm

thank you d twins and d harmony: I bought BSJ for dd younger (or me) I won't push it on her but just have it on my desk and show her something neat I purchased.

yay on your work d nancy

hi d harmony I will ask d lady to my house too... do you want to come here too? i would love that! Hope your table saw stays healthy! yay on your dailies!!!

Thanks for sharing d twins!

yay on your morning routine being done!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:26 pm

I will play ball with the dogs as they don't have dd here - she usually takes them for a longish walk and to I am so used to not doing it that I forgot. I did exercise them this morning but that is not enough even though they are old. So now to run them a bit again. oldest dog is give little hops as she tries to run - so sweet.

first get 2 cards out. baby and a birthday. :D
text 2 of d nieces to wish them a happy vacation

I lost my good timer :shock: how I have no idea 8-) - lol dh put it on the side of the fridge a few days ago.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:34 pm

I did 30 min. On the stat bike. Had some lunch. I swept the kitchen it was needed.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:48 pm

It was 4:30 before I was dressed for the day. Sigh....

I did the update and started to look for a hotel for dh for May. No luck finding anything affordable.

Before I could get in the shower, my music friend called and we chatted for a few hours. Today would have been her grandson's 3rd birthday but he died of SIDS. That makes spending time with her important even if it wasn't on my to-do list. I did dust and did a small amount of tidying while talking with her.

I went back to the reservation instead of hitting the shower and ds showed up to do laundry. Today I ignored him but it still took almost 2 hours to make 2 reservations. The first I called in for eventually and have made the decision to go with dh since he'll be away the following month for the whole month. The second reservation should have been an easy phone call since it was to book 3 rooms for our niece's wedding. I had put this off while awaiting dd's decision but decided to book it instead.

I called in (I hate making phone calls but that's the only way to get the rate) and the lady came up with $279 per night per room plus taxes plus a 3% tourist fee. For three rooms, that's over $1000 per night. Uhmm, no. The wedding invitation says to call for the special $149 rate. Not available. OK, I'll book an airBnB.

Instead I booked another hotel at $179 per night but it includes breakfast buffet (not continental) and I can cancel if dd decides not to come. But in the meantime I was searching and searching for something suitable. So frustrating.

Ds left and so I got dressed but didn't shower. I switch my shower day to tomorrow and just sponge bathed. Towels are in the washer now and I'm having tea and a protein bar to tie me over until dinner. I missed lunch in there but had the big breakfast.

Ds showed up a few minutes after leaving carrying a $580 monitor that Purolator left at the entrance to our building (not inside the locked door.) They claim their delivery instructions were to get it to the door, and that doesn't mean our apartment door. We've both been home all day. No one called or knocked. We've complained to Amazon as well.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Kathryn, wow that's dangerous to leave something like that outside.

I've just gone through our step-file of pending maybe jobs and looked them all up on county websites to see which ones were underway with someone else, or too old to figure they are still interested. Back and forth to ask DH what about this, what about that. A batch in the old file drawer and a batch in the rubbish. We do a lot of work that doesn't amount to anything, a lot of running around and a lot of paperwork. But if I don't clean it out it makes it hard to find the stuff that turned into work.

Long bike ride with DH. He was bored, went out and trimmed a couple trees, came back in and said lets go on our bikes. I humored him because after all it's good for me and off we went. I am feeling the exercise.

Time to make dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:34 pm

did 15 minutes in zone
did a mini home blessing in the front hall because it needed it. it too 9 minutes in 24 seconds including vacuuming, swiffer duster and dust mop the stairs, swiffer dust the floor and swiffer rinse the floor,

d dogs are resting after their exercise :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Harmony, I'm almost puzzled because the preprinted pages are very, only with some pre printed stuff in a gray scale print. I felt like I was working toward goals earlier in the year, and I had just geared myself to get back with it when dbro passed away and dmom worsened.

Ta dah!
-figured out (I hope) HP printing and downloaded their app
-paid mother's homeowners insurance and dropped it off at State farm office near her house
-mailed another bill for her
-got hair cut and colored - it looks mahlevous!
-met with hospice social worker, also their chaplain came in while we were there, mother was asleep so he talked with us for awhile. They reminded me that I've been caregiving for awhile.
-saw mother for a few min - she was awake and "sang" some old gospel hymns with the chaplain
-home finally - I sat outside for probably 45 min with ddog while sun was out

I am not going to services tonight. I'd like to finish up my Pro gen reviews and get them uploaded so I'm done with that and can get on with other things this weekend. I haven't been to mother's house this week at all for clean up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”