Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Conga Friday - Getting Up to Speed

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 pm

LadyM: I always told dh that he could have two wives but the next one had to have mechanical and electrical repair skills to maintain the car and repair small appliances!

The towels are dry but really I shouldn't take credit for that since all I did was put them in the dryer (and did that 3 hours later than I intended to!)

I did go over the rent numbers again and now fully understand them. I save $2.90 per month over some of the other people (because of the delay running into the following year, it is now within 90 days of my rent anniversary and they can't raise the rent more than the minimum because they have to tell me 90 days in advance.)

If we had gone to a hearing and lost, I would have to pay $5 more this upcoming year than I'm currently paying after 10 months of frittering around waiting for hearings and negotiations.

Anyway, I double checked in Quicken and I haven't written the cheques for April and May (my anniversary date is June) so I wrote out those in the new amount and will also owe the landlord $900 but I'll wait until they send me a bill for that. I'll also wait for them to confirm my amount for 2018/19 before writing out those cheques. Then I'll write them up and be done with it. This year has been tense because I've only been doing a few cheques at a time since I kept expecting a settlement.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm

I "found" the kit. counters, dishes are going sinks are done. H is watching u tubes on survival knives bags etc. Learned hot to carve a 4 pointed spear useful info. Probably never need one lol! Miggt have to do a bush craft web search to understznd what it is about I keep thinking summef camp crafts lol! Bush craft 101.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:51 pm

I thought of some "logistics" funnies regarding someone who aspires to be a sister-wife. But, carried to their logical conclusions they all seemed sad instead of funny, once I thought them through. never mind.

Am S2scrunchie&slippers.

Ordered some books. also the table runner discussed in cleaning forum.

We enjoyed our visit from HRH's friend today. A super nice guy. He said he could tell I was losing weight, and then apologized because you don't say that to a lady. No problem. I don't think that's inappropriate for a man to say.

Lots of Desk Day accomplished here while the two of them went out for lunch. Through to mail box and satchel for church.

Oh! A bit of reasonable news. The city water people called to say they took half an elephant off the elephant-sized bill for the church, so that's about as much help as we can expect, I think. I accepted it quickly and got the check in the mail.

Return to “Post When You Can”