Start over Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Start over Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:10 am

Sometimes one needs a fresh start.

If that sounds like you... join me.

I've had several unsuccessful days in the planning and productivity department. I've also had several days of very little posting here.

Today I shall explore the relationship between those two statements.

And I shall endeavour to fill the blank pages of this week with a doable plan for the weekend.

Harriet

Re: Start over Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:31 am

Cool. That's something I've considered before Kathryn, but hadn't put into words as well as you just did. I think the action of poising myself to type here presses me into examining my planning and productivity. First, because I think about what I would like to share - what would I want friends here to know is in my "pipeline" or my "clean-up" or my hopes (what's worthy of each). Then, even though I may not share things like "morning daily card completed well" (a regular statement of mine for so many years), they still come to the forefront because these posts are always about moving through normalcy, too. It's very centering to tell the village about life.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 am

I slept poorly last night. Mostly because I stayed up too late binge-watching couples...tribes...groups of people going through the selection of adding another sister wife to their home/s. Lesson learned...... I should have watched the last episode of the season first to find out what happened and skipped all the drama.

Today I'll have 3 grandkids here most all day. I have decided it is time for them to learn how to clean out gutters. I am volunteering the gutters on our home for them to use in their training.

I am also giving lessons on how to spread fertilizer on the yard. Now that we have a yard full of freshly spread dirt I want to get it fertilized before the rains start tonight and it turns into a yard of mud.

I am going to offer steak grilling lessons. I have taken some steaks out of the freezer. If they want to tackle grilling them (using charcoal briskets) then we will give that a go. If they have no interest or the wind is too fierce, then I'll just cook the steaks indoors on cast iron skillet.

I took a look at the schedule for the month of April for possibilities of scheduling trip to see Dead Sea Scrolls. DH has surgery so I scratched off 2 weeks following that. I am tentatively looking at the last week of April. We travel so rarely that I don't have a game plan of how to go about planning a trip. I'm thinking pick a date. Then buy the tickets to see the DSS to make we can even get in. Then purchase plane, hotel & rental car. Can it really be that simple? What am I missing? I should start a project page in BuJo to capture details of the trip planning
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:48 am

d harriet - forgot to tell you how happy I was when the city cut the church water bill in half!

d kathryn I think Starting over is perfect!!!
I think I sweat the things I don't do instead of all the things I actually accomplish when my weeks don't go exactly to plan. Starting over changes my attitude!

moving through normalcy
this was a aha moment for me - the reason I couldn't put into words of why i was doing the routines (which didn't always come naturally for me as a young person or even at times now.

A good things to learn (gutters) d lady :D

wishing you all a lovely day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:10 am

First checkin:

I've s2s and shaved/trimmed everything. My bangs were getting too long (but still have to be long enough to trim professionally in 2 weeks) so they are done. Eyebrows have been warned they can't grow just anywhere and that stubborn single black hair on my chin has been shaved away yet again.

I'm dressed, bed made, bedroom is tidied.

Breakfast consumed. Food diary filled in for the day.

My hair still needs to be dried (3 min job since air drying is almost complete) and my teeth brushed.

I've printed off the summary of Triggers so I have something in front of me to work from as I think about this change of direction for success. The audio book was excellent for helping me get through the material but I need illustrations and notes to remind me of the key points. I re-listen to the Cortex Book Club podcast on this while I go for a walk today. I also intend to use walking time to think about the behaviour change I want to work towards and what questions to incorporate into my bullet journal process to get there.

Harriet: not only does posting here make me inventory what I've done and/or what needs to be done, but sometimes the posts of others remind me of something I've forgotten (like flip the laundry or make up a grocery list.) I might have figured these things out on my own but the earlier reminder makes my days go better. I think that's why I often post about making my bed. It might help someone else remember to go do that for themselves.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:11 am

Saturdays I tend to do the same dailies as the rest of the week. Only day that's different around here is Sunday.

So I've started my day. Paid a bill online, emptied clean dishes side of the sink. Going out to shop to help DH out there next.

I've tried to do my "check-in" manually in a notebook but it isn't the same. I think knowing I could get feedback is the difference.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 am

hi d harmony

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 am

Dh has gone to torah study and then he'll do treadmill walk w friend. I am going to get myself together and go on to dmom's house and do some things there. I'm also making a grocery list - might stop on the way to dmom's and let stuff wait in the car until later - I don't think I'm getting anything frozen or particularly perishable. I need more garbage bags before I go, and I might also stop at U-haul and get a box for china for dd. Does this feel like a little wisp of energy today?

I talked with hospice social work about my trip to genealogy conference in May, then later trip to beach and a wedding on Memorial Day week and they suggested we reassess later. I may cancel the genealogy conference trip however....it's really optional. Just checked and I can cancel before 20 april and get all but $50 of registration back.

Last night I finished up Pro gen work - I will look over one more time today or tomorrow before I upload it, but I could turn it in now if I needed to.

Next:
-change clothes, brush teeth, wash up (I'll need shower after being at mother's anyway)
-walk the ddog around the block
-grocery list

and head out....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:13 am

I am glad you will only loose $50 - much better than loosing the full amount
I wish you a good day as well d twins!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 am

I sat down just because I could. The house is empty and I am all alone. Weird. It is so quiet.

DH and DS9 went to buy chicken feed and deliver it to DFriends. I hope they accept it in the spirit it is being given. They voluntarily started bringing us fresh eggs each week (at church) but refuse to take money for them. I don't want to ruin their joy to gift us with those wonderfully fresh eggs, but I also don't want to be always be all one direction of giving.

Yesterday DH organized an effort to help a widow that is raising her 3 grandchildren. The preacher called to let DH know of her need and asked if the church could fund it. DH checked with other elders then made arraignment with local tire place to put 4 new tires on her car. She is working as a waitress at a local restaurant but her money doesn't stretch far enough to replace her bald tires.

My drink is empty so break time must be over.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”