Start over Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Start over Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:19 am

so nice d lady - I know they will take the feed with much appreciation.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:25 am

I woke up at 5:45 and then went back to sleep and then didn't get up until 8:15 geesh. But it is Saturday - I will be okay with... Starting over :D
spoke to dd younger and then spoke to dh and then to dd older. (truly enjoyed talking to them individually).

I can't believe it is 10:21 am!!!

I will do my house blessing 10 - 15 minutes in the kitchen today. I am loving this way of home blessing
I am making the day a paper work day.

I don't want to finish my morning routine!!! I might throw caution to the wind and not do some things (no swish and swipe - no laundry first thing, no kitchen yet) I am a rebel. 8-) it's cold here again and grey but dogs need attention. Do you ever get the I don't wanna's? How do you get past that little stinker inside you.

wishing you all a really wonderful and fruitful day :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:40 am

I am up fed animals & me med routine done. I have joyrnaled. It rained in the nite. Paint rocks next something quiet til h is up. Then sew a seam or two. Did some planning mostly to move forwaerd with sewing projexpcts using natlnorimo as a guide seems (seams) to work for me. Laundry beeds attn as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:16 pm

d nancy good morning to you too!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 pm

I went upstairs and saw that dh's bathroom needed attention - so I did a swish and swipe in each bathroom after all - can't figure out how dh is so messy but I know he can't see it or maybe he doesn't notice it. (the little brat in me screamed all away through it but it was only 15 minutes in total. :roll: ;) )
I did have him clean the sink yesterday as it was gross - he didn't complain but just did it.
flip flopped laundry (not as hard as I thought - I just got bored doing my routine)

My morning routine still needs me to empty the dw - grrrr

Saturday
Diane in Demark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws90TXM3GOg&t=69s

Fly lady Kat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDmpYwlmrK0
She also has weekly WW videos

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Do you ever get the I don't wanna's? How do you get past that little stinker inside you.

Blessed, I wish I knew. I STAY in the don't wanna area.

Today, I am s2s and it isn't even 12:30 pm. :o :oops: This is SUCH a HUGE accomplishment for me, as you all well know.

WHY is it sooo HARD for me???
Especially on Saturdays, (but really on any day that I am not FORCED to get out of the house for some kind of appointment) it seems it takes me FOREVER to just make the effort to take a 10 minute shower. That is just beyond ridiculous. How can anyone have that much trouble making themselves turn on the shower water and step under it???
Even this morning --
DH felt bad when he woke up, so I said, "Do you want me to go get breakfast?" He was so thrilled that I would offer, and said yes, that would be wonderful.
So I brushed my teeth, got on my clothes (wearing the t-shirt I slept in, but I put on a bra!)...
went to the post office...
went to H ardee's drive thru for myself...
went to Mc Donald's drive thru for him...
had to go back inside b/c they left out part of his order...
home, ate, wrote check for gas bill...
and then just kinda wandered around the bathroom for the longest...
studied my face for blemishes and hairs might need plucking, scrolled through FB, just wasted wasted wasted time.
FINALLY got in the shower, and honestly, if I do not wash my hair or shave my legs, I can be out in less than 15 minutes. But it takes me 150 minutes to just DO IT.

I am really frustrated.

I think part of my problem is that I keep debating with myself: exercise or shower? exercise or shower?
I know I need to do both, and I just don't have the energy for either. And that is probably largely due to our crazy sleep schedule, but there is just not much I can do about that and continue to live happily with dh.

But anyway, I'm s2s now. I'm going back to sleep now.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:49 pm

H. is up tried to "help" my rock painting with what he thought were suggestions felt like art teachers critic, hate the way that makes me feel. Said it was not helping. I said this is a yss or no question. :roll: Painted a few to his liking. Others are sealed and drying.

The sun is out now. Might bbq today. 42* Made pasta salad last night.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:57 pm

I am so in the same place you are d lucy!!! I keep thinking I should be off of everything and I make it so hard to do even a 5 minute thing. I know it's me having a temper tantrum (even though I choose not to recognize it that way). I didn't take a shower this morning!!!

I feel your frustration because I am there now. I think we just are struggling with indecision. It's like when I dejunk - I don't want to think.

Maybe you can pretend you are at a foot ball game and do a flip of the coin- lol I have done that.

I realize I was doing that with my morning routine - the kitchen part - I spent hours already agitated that I had to empty out my dishwasher because I knew I would be working an hour in the kitchen - I was trying to decide between my paperwork or the kitchen. why I made it so hard on myself??? :? I have been cranky for over 2 hours - why I couldn't just let it go - perfectionism and all or nothing thinking.
Now that I made a decision to just do the hour in the kitchen - feel better (it needs it) I didn't do a clean up last night or a home basic blessing in this room so this is the consequence.
I couldn't even put a video on my computer or listen to a book because I made it so hard.

Now that I made a decision I will start.

d lucy you are not at all alone in this today! other people can not understand (I and dd younger are the only ones born in a large family of born organizers and uncluttered minds) I know others make it look easy and it's not but I am always amazed and awed by others ability to make a decision about their work at home.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:16 pm

the dishes put away and filling and cleaning the sink only took 16 minutes - I am ashamed that I made this into such a big deal.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Paperwork vs kitchen. That's a no brainer for me. The kitchen is all cleaned up now since we are going out for dinner. Even cleaned the microwave on the inside, changed the dishtowels and cleaned the mirror over the store. Of course, these were all Tuesday chores....

My tea and chocolate routine gives me 3 minutes while my tea is steeping and that's when I put away the dry dishes. Very seldom does it take longer than that. So emptying the dishwasher or dish drainer is almost never undone. Like making my bed, it is part of my morning routine so happens on autopilot.

The rest of the kitchen maintenance and cleaning is usually done as an avoidance mechanism since I can listen to a podcast while I do the kitchen but I can't while I work on paperwork. Plus I hate paperwork.

I haven't really started the paperwork yet today. It is 3:15. My desk was too messy to work at, so I said, and has been for over 10 days. So I set up a card table, moved the piles of papers over and then dusted my desk and put my computer back into its normal 2 screen, separate keyboard setup. I've had it disconnected for a few weeks so I could just grab my computer and go without having to do anything more than unplug the power cord.

While cleaning my desk, I discovered the missing drawing tablet input device that ds had asked for so put it in the basket in the hall where I keep things to give/take to others and texted him that it was there.

While tidying my desk top, putting some things in the main drawer, I decided to clean out the drawer entirely. It has pens, pencils, and other stuff. Found my bullet pen which I thought was missing (it doesn't leak, writes upside down and fits in a small pocket.) Also did a slight inventory of all the stuff I had and tossed out two broken pens.

My desk is cleared off now which feels good. As long as I don't look behind me, I have only 3 action items. One of them triggered prepping my bullet journal spread for April. I have access to three open rehearsals at the arts centre each year and I needed to pick which of the spring series to go to. This has been hanging around undone while I decided if I was going to Toronto with dh. I decided that yesterday so will book a Mozart rehearsal for April 18. But first I had to see if I had anything on that day/week. Hence the setting up of my April page. Which required me to print off monthly calendars since I was running out. So it has been a big distraction. And that's only one piece of paper on my desk!

Now to tackle the three items on the desk.

Return to “Post When You Can”