Monday's Minds

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday's Minds

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:23 pm

d harriet - bc of dd's pain disorder and migraines we have learned she needs to stay ahead of the pain so that it does not go off the charts. If you are in pain and its been an hour then it might not be the right one for you.
if there is a danger in taking the pain meds with what you have taken - that is another thing but I have seen the difference in staying ahead of the major pain. Once dd is inflamed there is no reversing the mcgill chart pain. Stay ahead if you can.

I loved dissecting owl pellets - yes I am weird 8-) (we used to have an owl near our trees and when dd's were young we found the bones etc.) They do this in 5th grade here when they go to environmental camp.

I went to cont. store and got what I needed - the items worked out great. I was a bit frustrated that they didn't have my laundry baskets (wire ones) anymore which also means I couldn't get another wheel.

cleaned out fridge and put new shelf in :D
set up new laundry basket (three tier one) :D
better this way than having multiple baskets all over the place
pick up more animal stuff :shock: geesh how many times do dogs have to go?
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:28 pm

Got the apartment vacuumed, walked a mile on the treadmill and washed up all the dishes.

Will head out for my supper now and then the airport and then whatever happens after.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:29 pm

yay d kathryn!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:31 pm

SKIPPABLE....
Hum....I need to think this through. I just got an updated list of treatments and dates from DBro for April. Now I am wondering about postponing our trip to Denver. It is scheduled the same dates as his big port surgery and stem cell harvest (takes 3-4 days). I would be devastated if I wasn't here and he needed help. But on the other hand....help him do what? He has a HUGE circle of family & friends that will do anything for him. There are people lined up available to drive him the 70 miles there/back each day. Although, he is so stubborn and hard headed that he will probably drive himself. He drove himself to 5 out of 6 of his chemo treatments because he insisted he wanted to do it himself. *Sigh* I know our bond is strong and it is that very knowledge of how he thinks that assures me he would prefer to see pictures and hear of our travel adventures to distract him from what he is going through. Canceling or postponing our trip would not help him in the slightest. Decision made. The trip is still on the schedule.

It is a bit overwhelming how many details have to be taken care of before Stem Cell Transplant happens. Heart doctor approval, lung doctor approval, eyes checked, weekly blood tests, another Pet scan, another bone marrow biopsy, another port put in (surgery), daily shots in stomach to encourage stem cell growth, met with physical therapist and development of physical strength plan, daily harvest of stem cells, etc, etc et. DBro says he can't think about all the steps because it becomes depressing and he starts doubting his decision to do this. He tells himself to just do the next treatment, test, etc. If it all goes as planned he will start his 40 days of isolation in hospital on April 27th. When he comes home the house has to be dust & bacteria free. He has hired a professional cleaner to wash & clean all walls, carpets, and surfaces in his home while he is in the hospital. All fruit, plants, vegetables, etc have to be kept out of the house for 3 months after he comes home because he won't have much of an immune system. Yup. a bit overwhelming to think of the entire process.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:05 pm

(((LadyM)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 pm

LadyM, there will be much to help with before and after, too. ((hugs)) New subject and obviously from someone who doesn't have a clue, but in a long conversation with dd38 today she recommended Connections Academy as a good free distance-learning charter choice. Her work is instructional design and she is impressed with their curriculum, so far as she's seen it here, and it is also in your state. This didn't come up about you but about her univ hosting local school students at their veterinary college. She says the whole world is looking at a future in which children will attend partial in-person, partial online classes during their school years.

i'm glad I got my few errands done.

Dee, we're not hearing much from you!

Tomorrow morning I have toddlerC from 7:30 a.m.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 pm

(((d lady M and your d brother)))

My dh still has his port because he doesn't want to have it taken out - he gets it flushed every 6 weeks so it doesn't clot.
What I remember is that this was the least of all the other things dh went through. It did have to heal like any surgery but dh did well with it and it was a blessing because his veins didn't work and they could do the chemo through the port. (((praying for both of you)))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:52 pm

very neat dHarriet

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:56 pm

I know I should do my kitchen and laundry room BWP and my zone work but today I had another headache and drained.
I will see if I can get that energy going.

tomorrow morning: hair dye appointment

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:35 pm

I have chicken pot pie in the oven. H bday is tomorrow. We went out this weekend. Pie (cheese cake) actually is thawing. H has had all of his fav. Meals already this month lol! Great weather today windy forecast tomorrow. Knittimg group is meeting at a diff. Coffee shop may just skip it.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”