Tuesday Tornado

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Tornado

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:25 pm

awe your little tornado!!! love it d harriet
Yay on getting your morning routines done even with your own little tornado visiting you!
I love little tornados!!!

worked 3 x 15 on wall paper - the room still has a lot of wallpaper to take off but I am making a good dent in my work. (I know the 5/10/15 minutes is kind of annoying :roll: but it keeps me on track 8-)

now to make dinner.

dd younger told me what a sweet little girl one of the woman's dd is. So cute. d mom is having a hard time with the little girl touching the walls when she comes down the stair. She hasn't had a little one around for a long time. d mom said she is a lovely little girl but this is really bugging her. It's so hard for d mom.

the other lady embarrassed d mom because she complained quite loudly, twice, about her food at a restaurant that d mom frequents. d mom said the woman was very rude and she had to apologize to the waitstaff separately . dd younger was at a different dinner. The woman manages a fancy restaurant and probably does this with her staff. She has a good heart but d mom was really embarrassed.
They are supposed to go to one of d mom's favourite restaurants tonight and d mom is so worried this will happen again. I hope d woman realizes how d mom is feeling and calms it down a bit.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:54 pm

I don't do the home blessing like most - I really tried keeping it to an hour but with the 2 dogs and 2 cats and me it was a lot more time than an hour.
I have too much clutter in the basement and in the 3 season room which will need dejunking - dd younger/dh is a major culprit - but dd younger and dh are getting better and better each month.

now: I do a round robin most of the time but I can't all the time. it's the best I can do.

My rooms: 10 minutes - quick vacuum, swiffer rinse wood floors, quick swiffer dust, windows, clutter check. (no saturday or sunday usually)
this keeps it better than it used to be. ;) at least I touch an area.

1. Front room x
2. front hall/stairs x
3. upstairs hall x
4. front step - door
5. Dining room x
6. Kitchen x
7. Family room x
8. 3 season room x
9. laundry room x
10.Bedroom ours
11. bedroom dd olders is still a bedroom x
12. dd youngers bedroom x
13. dh's bathroom and dressing area x
14. hallway upstairs bathroom x
15. powder room x
16. garage x
17. basement
18. outside front

19. outside back x
20. car x
21. desk x
22. closets.

color - not touched yet.

zones of sweet harriets
Round 2
3/19/2018 porch/entry
3/26/2018 bedrooms
4/2/2018 bathrooms
4/9/2018 office/other room
4/16/2018 closets
4/23/2018 laundry
4/30/2018 storage
5/7/2018 outdoor
5/14/2018 kitchen
5/21/2018 living room
5/28/2018 dining room

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Checking in without cuop. Exhausted and still not home. I am back in DD's neighbourhood Subway because I left my hat at her place so drove back across town to get it.

Hoping to find gloves at the dollar store here.

I had the privilege of watching to boys see falling snow for the first time in their lives tonight! Now they need gloves!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:20 pm

Home. No gloves yet. Will try tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning I drive out to the village and pick up all the things from CM's place (except the furniture.) Plus I look over a pile of toys she was hoping to get rid of. I got an email at one point today asking me to bring more toys. Seriously, while I'm focused on the refugees right now, I had other plans for the day as well so didn't have time to go out to the village and break into CM's house!

Dgs slept 1:50 between the car, me walking him and just sleeping outside. His mom was still cleaning when he woke up so I was blessed with the task of doing the 'cuddling awake' duty. That used to be my favourite part of my day care job. So we cuddled on the stairs while watching mom finish up the ground floor. Then he signed for potty and she took him up and he had a dry diaper so that was great. Except we had to really coax him to pee (he'd do a bit and then hold it, then another bit, etc.) Dd asked him why he was hiding his pee from the toilet but he can't talk so couldn't tell us what he was thinking. He certainly seemed to be making a game of it!

I ended up walking 3 miles so have all my steps in for the day. Yay! I haven't added up the damage from visiting with Syrians but I suspect I may be over on my calories for the day. I was fed a labneh based dish with pita at W&R's, then anise cookies and tea at A's. Didn't get dinner until 7:40.

Now I have emails to deal with. I was answering as many as possible from my phone through the day. In total, I'm up to 19 for the day. All but 2 are refugee related.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 pm

I have sore fingers. We had pizza delivered, h got his wish for dinner and cheese cake.

I worked on the bush craft stick again today.

Lovely weather here today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:04 pm

you sound exhausted! so cute - I love baby cooing! wonderful for you! yay on the walk!

good night all!
wishing you a lovely evening!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:05 pm

I used to do home blessing on Thursday, thinking if something interrupted me I'd still have Friday to get it done before the weekend. However, not too much scheduling works around here. It all depends on what DH needs me for... and a lot of that is just spur-of-the-moment or rush emergency. Now I just do it whenever I can. Plus it takes me a whole lot more than an hour, even if everything is picked up before I start. So I try to do something every day. Usually not a room, but a thing, like dusting whole house, or vacuuming everywhere, or mopping. Maybe all the bathrooms. Whatever works for each of us, right?

Thank you, Ramblin Rose. Nice thing to say. I do have 2 years of college (Associate degree) but then I gave up because I had trouble falling asleep in classes and couldn't learn easily. It was a med side-effect. Now I don't have any excuses...hmmm... I remember in 11th grade history class I used to put my head down and sleep through the whole class. My teacher never questioned me or said anything at all. Now I wonder why. But through my years, I loved most of my teachers, I liked the strictest ones the best. :shock:

Folded up yesterday's LOL. Cleaned up the kitchen. I guess things are chugging along around here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 pm

hi d harmony!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:01 am

CI again --

[x] finish laundry --
[x] do Bible reading
[x] spend time in bedroom zone
[x] go to Wmart to get glasses repaired
[x] look for some "dressy" pants at Wmart or maybe Cato, in shopping area next to Wmart
(no luck -- one size too big, next size too tight :cry: )
[x] call dmom -- she has scheduled ONE MORE consultation w/foot doctor for next week, then plans to schedule surgery/ass't living rehab ASAP)

I think, like Harmony, and some others here, there is no way I can really schedule each day. There are just too many unexpected interruptions in my days. Between dgrands/dmom, etc... I just never know.
I do follow this basic plan:
Monday -- laundry
Tuesday -- vacuum/dust/bathrooms, zone, as possible -- trying to follow the ASAP/AFAP (as FAST as possible) plan! ;)
Wednesday -- ^^^^
Thursday -- ^^^^
Friday -- catch up, or -- in football season -- travel to college town most weekends
Saturday -- nothing ;) unless family/football/etc
Sunday -- church, groceries, allergy shots, dmom's meds

I also like to do all vacuuming at the same time, etc.
I may reorganize my cards ONE MORE TIME to make the time frame a little more equal -- so baby room & master bedroom aren't expected to be in the same week. Maybe I will put all bedrooms in a row, though. I think I will keep all bathrooms in one week though, b/c then IF I decide to use the steamer, I'll have it out one time. Other than that, the only bathroom that takes any time is the master bath anyway. No one ever uses the one connecting the baby room and the guest room, and the other bath, off the den hallway, is never used except for the toilet & sink.

We do keep everything picked up around here, which makes a HUGE difference in how the state of the house is perceived.
If only ds & ddil could learn that little habit. Of course, clutter doesn't bother some people like it does others. Obviously, it doesn't bother ds in the least. He has always lived like this. He has to have his "piles" of STUFF all around. When he was growing up, he would have his homework in one spot on the floor, baseball stats in a notebook in another spot, a book he was reading in another spot, his guitar lying to the side, etc etc etc...
He is extremely intelligent -- was always an excellent student -- so I wonder if this is some symptom of how his mind was working. Maybe some ADHD? He didn't like to put away anything/any project because he knew he was coming back to it.
DH is the opposite. DH cannot multi-task in any form or fashion. If he starts a project, he will not rest till it is done. He organized his baseball cards once, and for a couple days, there were baseball cards in stacks all across the den floor and the study -- and he may have taken time to sleep -- but he did not do ANYTHING until he had them all in order in notebooks.
I fall somewhere in between the two extremes. I can leave something and pick it up again, but I'm learning to only get out what I can deal with in one session.

I don't think I feel like vacuuming anymore tonight, and I'm leaving the vacuum in the baby room, but I'm going to go in there and sort some pictures that dh stored in there -- for no apparent reason -- and see if I can find a better place for them. That should be a 15 minute task.

EDITING TO SAY—
Got the box of pictures off the floor. They are all pics of ds (that were at dmil’s) so I left them in there. Got a couple more toys off the floor and onto shelves, took a bat and several balls outside where they are supposed to be.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:59 am

i like that we all find what works for us well done d lucy!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”