Tuesday Tornado

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Tornado

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3f575QZh4 (kat helps she's in her apron -starting at 7:06 minutes - talking about not finishing the process, micromanaging, over thinking, and the the few extra seconds of not putting things where their home is can cause you minutes, hours etc. of extra work. "all the seconds add up"
Kat is a mentor for SHE'S in her apron

did 2 x 15 in a zone. needed
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:53 am

ta ta - enjoy your day

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:55 am

Good morning!

Dh finished the fence Saturday. It looks great and is straight. The guy we paid $$$ to do the back stretch of fence plus the 2 sides to connect our fence to the neighbors on each side, did not do near as good of a job. But dh was still working and it needed to done, so we had to hire it done.

We finally got our taxes done and filed Sunday night. Turbo Tax works great for us.

We had a weird Sunday afternoon. We went to the H ome S how, took a quick walk through and left. There was nothing we really needed there to check in to. When we got home dd2 called. While we were talking dgd21 called her. Dd2 commented that dgd21 doesn't call much on weekends so something must be wrong, so she would talk to her and call me back. Dgd21, her fiance and BabyK were locked out of the house and car. They had each left the house without their keys, thinking the other would have theirs. Dd2 had a key but was 22 miles away. So she asked me to go pick them up and she would head to town. Dh and I were excited to spend time with them and babyK. He is just so precious and acts like we were just who he wanted to see. He will be 8 months old, a week from today. While they were here, the doorbell rang. I thought it was dd2 but instead it was the guy from next door who speaks no English. He had brought a much older lady as his interpreter. She was a hoot. When he realized he didn't have his glasses, she dug a pair out of her purse for him. Of course, they didn't work, so he told her to write the check. She had asked if we wanted cash or a check. Turns out she didn't know how to write a check, she said her dh does that. So I had to spell out each word and she wrote it down on a separate piece of paper before she wrote it on the check. When she heard dh's name, she started calling King ____. After they left, dd2 and the 2 little girls showed up. Dh and I were glad that they hadn't came during the check writing. We went to dgds and dd2 did have the right key for their door. Afterwards they went downtown so babyK could have his picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Dgd put it on FB and babyK wasn't afraid of the EB at all.

Yesterday I looked at the paperwork that the lady who dd2 had bought this house from had left. The hot water heater is over 10 years old and it had a 6 year warranty. Dh and I decided we should replace it because we have 2 trips in the next 2 months and we sure don't want it kicking the bucket while we are gone and flooding our basement. Dh can and has replaced hot water heaters but I think we will just have a plumber do it. Dh would need help getting the old one out of the basement and a new one down into the basement, plus taking it to the dump. This way the plumber can do all that.

Dm is coming Saturday and leaving on Monday. It will be a short visit but I want to make it a nice one for her. Dd2 usually does Easter but if she doesn't volunteer I will be hosting meals Saturday night and Sunday.

Saturday it was 91*. Yesterday I decided to clean the ceiling fans before we start using them. I had cleaned them in the fall when we quit using them. They just had a slight amount of dust on them now. However, the 2 hutches that have my ironstone dishes displayed contained very dusty dishes. So yesterday I cleaned the hutches and dishes. I sure didn't want to turn on the ceiling fan that is over the table and close to them and have the dust start flying. Choke, choke, messy mess.

So today I will continue cleaning house and I think I will stay in another day. Any and all errands can wait. Guess I better eat breakfast and get started.

Hope you all have a great day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:04 am

Done the butterfly experience. As predicted, the first one that flew by our faces brought out "all duh". But I kept pointing out things and he got engaged enough to sign 'more' a few times and lasted about 20 minutes which is pretty great considering how small the room was. I think we have a shot of him with a butterfly on him.

Now lunch, early, and maybe a bit of the rest of the museum.

Then home, nap for him (walk for me) and then to W&R.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:27 am

Morning all. I am skipping knitting today to do ho e blessing. H bday 2day so I can have the place clean. Have talked about ordering in h fav. Pizza we have not had for ages.

I slept well and dreamed of my gran that was great.

I shared with h my view on a current topic in hje news that was diff. Than his we agreed to disagree. :mrgreen:

I need to vacuum the upstairs. Table & counters needs attn.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:58 am

I always love when I can have a sweet dream of someone I love! How nice d nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Good morning d lilac
Your Dh finished the fence Saturday - Well done! . And you got your taxes done - another yay
lol about your " Choke, choke, messy mess." - you must be at my house :lol:

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:02 pm

I've washed almost all the floors in the house. Cat litter will be changed next.

I might be doing an impression of a white tornado here today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Hello. I am just getting around to some work here. Have been tied up in the office doing things. Lady came over to pick up a check for their office for work done. BIG check. I'm glad I was able to pay it.

It is a beautiful day here.

Regarding our posts yesterday about jobs and salaries and teachers. I sure wish teachers got paid more to do the jobs they do. Sometimes our church will have a collection to help some of the things the PTO tries to do in elementary schools around here. The problem is most of our population is through raising children and they don't want high taxes for schools. My job was not so skilled. I was filling orders and doing packing slips on a computer and putting in orders through a computer program for the store supplies. Gee, even way back then I was using a computer. I was just glad to be working somewhere. Someone close to me told me I couldn't get hired by anyone and of course I believed it. So when I got that job right away, I kept it despite having no raises. What a dunce I was to believe that back then.

Pretty organized around here for a change. It didn't take a lot of work to get it this way. I must remember that.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Did a store run, found the ch. Pie h. Wanted and did a rock drop. It is cold out supposed to be windy here today.

Got the master betroom vacuumed, and table is cleared off. Worked on the counters.

Return to “Post When You Can”